Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS App Searching Tips

You guys are pros at finding apps. Care to share any tips for searching apps available on iOS? It seems that if the search term used isn't actually present in the title of the app, it doesn't hit in App Store searches.

I also use appshopper (the old discontinued version) and it is pretty much the same. Are there other search options (aside from straight google) that provide better results (i.e. related apps, also searches the app description, etc.)?

Comments

• For newer and updated apps, you could check on a few sites daily. Palmsounds.net and Discchord.com normally have new and updated apps. You can go directly to App Store and use categories to see featured music apps. I use App Hits app also, to check for new, and apps on sale. Ipad musician FB group usually have post for new and updated apps. Just remember when you find a app to post it here, and purchase it from here so AB team gets their cut. Hope this helps.

• Ios mars has some has some nice write ups.
    Do realize most of these sites get credit for redirecting you to the App Store if you click on their links. Support the ones you like but Beware that some give one sided advice and promote certain apps over others.
    Google's youtube has great reviews, same applies there.
    Audio bus has a button in app for supported apps.

• edited February 2014

Download AppZapp, choose "new apps" and sort by music category. That usually works pretty fast. Appshopper does the same thing basically, but I don't think they have an app.

Or just browse around the music category in AppZapp, top charts etc. Apples own AppStore app is crap, and lacks most of the most basic functions for whatever reasons,.

• edited February 2014

Finding apps that have been newly updated or released is easy enough, but say I am looking for an existing app to slow down and pitch shift YouTube videos to learn songs with. I finally found Anytune Pro based on a forum recommendation, but searching for an app like that without knowing the name is a real pain. And today I was looking for an audio app with noise reduction functionality. I guess I wish there was a way to search app descriptions for keywords.

• I just wait for Morris or Doug

• edited February 2014

@Ringleader said:

But say I am looking for an app to slow down and pitch shift YouTube videos to learn songs with. I finally found Anytune Pro based on a forum recommendation, but searching for an app like that without knowing the name is a real pain. And today I was looking for an audio app with noise reduction functionality. I guess I wish there was a way to search app descriptions for keywords.

You might use the search function on this site with some keywords. I got a number of results for noise reduction.

• edited February 2014

@WMWM - Fair enough. It just seems that there is a major gap in the search ability of ios apps. Finding an app shouldn't require someone to post about it on a forum first. There are millions of apps in the app store. There could be some real undiscovered gems already out there. And this is Apple we're talking about here. Since it is starting to look like this ability does not currently exist anywhere yet, I wish they'd develop some search options so we could also search app descriptions if desired.

• The search capabilities of the App Store are unfortunately notoriously bad. Most times an app that has your search query AS the name won't even show up. I more often will search by the developer name, and sometimes you then have to look in their related apps section to see newer apps.

• @Ringleader said:

@WMWM - Fair enough. It just seems that there is a major gap in the search ability of ios apps. Finding an app shouldn't require someone to post about it on a forum first. There are millions of apps in the app store. There could be some real undiscovered gems already out there. And this is Apple we're talking about here. Since it is starting to look like this ability does not currently exist anywhere yet, I wish they'd develop some search options so we could also search app descriptions if desired.

Agreed

• @mgmg4871
    Oh thanks for the tip about AB forum links, I had no idea!

• @cheesesteak said:

I just wait for Morris or Doug