Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

looooooooooong delay AU?

does there exist an AU which can provide delay times into the 10s of seconds or even minutes? cheers

Comments

• Virsyn Tap Delay 10 seconds

• For delay times around a minute or more, makes me wonder if there is some possible use of an AUv3 looper like Enso by Audio Damage? Haven’t personally tried doing it, just speculation... 😊

• Eventide UltraTap: 10 seconds.
    I don't use Virsyn Tap Delay anymore because without level and pan for individual taps it's practically useless. (It works though if all you need is a 10 seconds delay!)

• Enso by Audio Damage

• Frippertronics ?! ;)

• Kosmonaut? If you midi bind the control for amount of bars you can set it to 128 bars, which is more than the maximum of 8 you get via the on-screen interface. Also it is on sale right now...

• @hellquist said:
    Kosmonaut? If you midi bind the control for amount of bars you can set it to 128 bars, which is more than the maximum of 8 you get via the on-screen interface. Also it is on sale right now...

Kosmonaut is great but I don't think it's on sale. All of Bram Bos' apps are now £3.99 but Kosmonaut was already £3.99 before the sale. Worth it anyway, obviously... =)

• @klownshed said:

@hellquist said:
    Kosmonaut? If you midi bind the control for amount of bars you can set it to 128 bars, which is more than the maximum of 8 you get via the on-screen interface. Also it is on sale right now...

Kosmonaut is great but I don't think it's on sale. All of Bram Bos' apps are now £3.99 but Kosmonaut was already £3.99 before the sale. Worth it anyway, obviously... =)

Ah, haha, right, sorry. But worth £3.99 indeed. :)

• edited November 2019

@hellquist said:

Have you tried it? What is the maximum real-world delay time you can achieve?
    I've tried this n bars trick with other delays and the time was always cut to an (internal?) maximum.

• @rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

I've tried this n bars trick with other delays and the time was always cut to an (internal?) maximum.

Well, it can loop for forever until you stop it I guess. It is currently playing behind me and has done so for a while when I wanted to route it all up to test it. I set it on a 127 bar loop and it is still going strong as I now type this on my computer whilst Kosmonaut is playing LayR in AUM behind me. It is basically a built-in tape looper.

• @hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Well, it can loop for forever until you stop it I guess. It is currently playing behind me and has done so for a while when I wanted to route it all up to test it. I set it on a 127 bar loop and it is still going strong as I now type this on my computer whilst Kosmonaut is playing LayR in AUM behind me. It is basically a built-in tape looper.

Correction: 127 beats

• @hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Sure but what's the maximum delay time?

• @rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Umm...I'm sure there are others who can calculate that with higher precision, but I'd guess it is 127 beats divided/multiplied with your tempo and time signature. Right now I have it playing one chord in 120 BPM (4/4). It, right now is playing it every 24 seconds (give or take).

• @hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Umm...I'm sure there are others who can calculate that with higher precision, but I'd guess it is 127 beats divided/multiplied with your tempo and time signature. Right now I have it playing one chord in 120 BPM (4/4). It, right now is playing it every 24 seconds (give or take).

OK, that's what I wanted to know, thank you!

• Otherwise, the longest delay times I've found, that aren't "looping" is within LayR, where you can set any/all parameters to (up to) 100 seconds. As that includes attack, sustain, decay etc one can truly build evolving soundscapes in it.

• We need an AUv3 that encodes any input audio as text, prints it out, sticks it in a self addressed envelope and posts it off 2nd class, waits for it to get delivered, then scans the text and converts it back into audio to be fed back into its own input again...

• @hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Kosmonaut is great but the missing element is that there’s really no way to degrade the repeats. I like the way this works in Tap Delay. Kosmonaut with an FX loop in the tape loop path would be awesome.

• @anickt said:

@hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

Kosmonaut is great but the missing element is that there’s really no way to degrade the repeats. I like the way this works in Tap Delay. Kosmonaut with an FX loop in the tape loop path would be awesome.

K7D by Imaginando is a simple delay supporting degraded repeats (including LPF, HPF, wow/flutter and distortion adjustment)
    RE-1 by Kai Aras does the same but with up to 3 taps and it has a reverse mode (yeah!) and more sound degradation options. You can freely adjust the total delay time and sync to host but you cannot freely adjust the tap (or tape head, as he says) positions except choose from 5 presets. It's definitely one of the better delays.
    AD Discord 4 can do a different kind of "degradation" (filters left/right independently and pitch shifting the repeats)...
    Each delay has its own character.

• edited November 2019

What about the evantide delay

• @anickt said:

@hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

If Enso is stable in your configuration then that's a great way to get long repeats with degradation in the loop.

• @bleep said:

@anickt said:

@hellquist said:

@rs2000 said:

@hellquist said:

If Enso is stable in your configuration then that's a great way to get long repeats with degradation in the loop.

Enso is bought and paid for some time ago. We didn’t get along. I’ll give it another look. 😎

• @cian said:
    What about the evantide delay

Read above. 10 seconds.

• my goal is to roll my own frippertronic setup in aum.

this is done by putting a long delay in an fx send, followed by whatever colour processing you want, and then a send back to itself. possibly some fx after the send.

enso is pretty great, but i want to have my own signal processing loop based on reelbus. shame enso doesn’t support a sidechain for this.

using tap delay to get a 10s loop is sounding fantastic but it would be great to have longer times and bpm sync. i think enso can do 10 minutes...

the search continues

• @wellingtonCres said:
    my goal is to roll my own frippertronic setup in aum.

this is done by putting a long delay in an fx send, followed by whatever colour processing you want, and then a send back to itself. possibly some fx after the send.

enso is pretty great, but i want to have my own signal processing loop based on reelbus. shame enso doesn’t support a sidechain for this.

using tap delay to get a 10s loop is sounding fantastic but it would be great to have longer times and bpm sync. i think enso can do 10 minutes...

the search continues

Set AUM to 1/2 the tempo you “want”. Doubles the delay time if using the bpm option in tap delay.

• I absolutely agree, most existing au delays need longer times. Most don’t go past 2 seconds, which is not enough for ambient/experimental etc.

• edited November 2019

Not AU, but I like Ostinator-looper,sampler. Can do up to 12 minutes!

https://livingmemorysoftware.com/ostinator/

• @Crawlingwind said:

Wow, that looks pretty good.
    I have Auditor and really like it, but this looks like a sort of ‘live’ version of some of the Auditor loop tools.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    🤙🏻

• No problem. If you want Frippertronics, it does the job.

@CracklePot said:

@Crawlingwind said:

Wow, that looks pretty good.
    I have Auditor and really like it, but this looks like a sort of ‘live’ version of some of the Auditor loop tools.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    🤙🏻

• QuantiLoop Pro features are on sale this weekend

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/quantiloop-live-looper/id1268082518

QuantiLoop is not AU but it can host AU, such as guitar effects, and it has a max loop length of 256 bars

• Have you considered simply chaining 10 delays with 10 seconds each, which will give you 100 seconds? 😉