Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Hm. I do not hear a lot that makes me drool. Do you have a bunch of cash that’s burning a hole in your pocket?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hm. I do not hear a lot that makes me drool. Do you have a bunch of cash that’s burning a hole in your pocket?

trying to scratch an itch, I want to like them more than a nord I have and it's not working.

• edited November 2019

Between mobile, desktop, daws & hardware it might be impossible to exhaust what you already have. So it’s either go modular or poorman’s modular (efx pedals). I’ve been on the latter and OH MAN, THE POWER. + a user can practically punch ‘em.

• @kobamoto said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:
    Hm. I do not hear a lot that makes me drool. Do you have a bunch of cash that’s burning a hole in your pocket?

trying to scratch an itch, I want to like them more than a nord I have and it's not working.

Ha! I know how you feel. With me it’s ‘does this thing really do something the V-Synth GT you bought for an unreal amount you didn’t have doesn’t?’
    So far the answer has been no.

• @ashen_hand good job make do with what you got. “poor mans modular” love it!

• @sbcfx said:
    @ashen_hand good job make do with what you got. “poor mans modular” love it!

Chuck Labor is my new stage name... I’ll be here all weekend 🕺🏻

• Ha don’t forget to tip the waitress and dont let the door hit ya on the way out

• What don’t you know, OP?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    What don’t you know, OP?

if its just me or does the Argon sound the most harsh, prog aside, I thought it would be the most lush

@ ashen_hand pedal addiction is almost if not as bad as the modules, I've, been promising myself after I finally get my hands on the drolo stretch weaver I will stop

• That Argon demo is just beautiful. Amazing sound, nothing on iOS comes even remotely close to that level of sound quality.

On other side that Hive demo - don't hear anything which i cannot reproduce with Obsidian or Synthmaster One.

That Argon.. aaah. just. epic.

• Nothing like really using the gear you already have extensively.

@dendy said:
    That Argon demo is just beautiful. Amazing sound, nothing on iOS comes even remotely close to that level of sound quality.

On other side that Hive demo - don't hear anything which i cannot reproduce with Obsidian or Synthmaster One.

That Argon.. aaah. just. epic.

Have you tried new wavetables in Groove Rider?
    I did, and it's my go-to wavetable synth. Combining up to 16 of them, each with 4-voice polyphony, is insane.

• edited November 2019

Yeah those are nice, i wish to have synth module from GR16 available as AU :) preferrably with more LFO and Envelopes :)

Still believe, after Jim will make Pure Acid AUv3 compatible, he will go back to GR16 to make it too :))

• @dendy said:
    Yeah those are nice, i wish to have synth module from GR16 available as AU :) preferrably with more LFO and Envelopes :)

Still believe, after Jim will make Pure Acid AUv3 compatible, he will go back to GR16 to make it too :))

That would be great indeed. Although loading it as an IAA and sequencing the 16 parts over their 16 MIDI channels works well.

• edited November 2019

just trying it - Sending notes from NS into GR16, recording knob movements from GR16 back to NS .. works like a charm ! I can edit whole sequences and automations in NS and at the end just record them into GR16 ! Most probably i finally found perfect way how to prepare live set with comfort of linear daw and then to use just groovebox for performing them..

Thanks for inspiration ;)

• @dendy said:
    just trying it - Sending notes from NS into GR16, recording knob movements from GR16 back to NS .. works like a charm ! I can edit whole sequences and automations in NS and at the end just record them into GR16 ! Most probably i finally found perfect way how to prepare live set with comfort of linear daw and then to use just groovebox for performing them..

Fantastic! And yes, you can even record them in GR16 for "standalone use" :smiley:

My NS2 EP's now up by the way.

• @dendy @rs2000 for a thread that's titled "I dunno", you've raised the quality level here quite a bit 😁

• @SevenSystems said:
    @dendy @rs2000 for a thread that's titled "I dunno", you've raised the quality level here quite a bit 😁

Thanks, we really do our best 😅

• @dendy said:

I’m thick — can you explain the setup of this a bit more? Is there a video somewhere?

• Is that custom woodwork? Any fun tutorials?

• edited November 2019

Synthmaster One was... shall we say... "inspired" by Hive. Hive 2 can do a lot, and is just an amazing and easy to use synth. I think I use it more than anything else I have (Diva, Repro, Omnisphere, Komplete, and more included). The drag and drop modulation is so easy to use. I'm 90% certain you can NOT do everything Hive 2 can do on iOS in any synth. Listening to a few presets won't demonstrate the synth. Plus you can add wavetable sounds of your own if you want.

Hydra - I'd get one of these if I had the cash. Nothing else like it. Lacks a little low end beef from what reviewers have said, but that's easily covered with other synths.

Argon8 - I'd get this first of the 3 if I had the space. If this was coming out as a module, I'd be buying it in a heartbeat. Instead, I'm looking to get an XD Module in the coming couple months.

• @kinkujin said:

@dendy said:

I’m thick — can you explain the setup of this a bit more? Is there a video somewhere?

long story:

I have 16 "external midi" tracks in NS2.. every one set to one midi channel, with disabled MIDI thru, and with receiving midi set "always" (by default NS2 receives midi just on selected channel)
    This way, if i play / record notes in NS2, it sends it to GR16, if i hit record in NS2 and i switch to GR16, everything i do in GR16 (hitting pads, tweaking knobs) is recorded to corresponding track in NS2.

short story:

Done. All midi data (notes,CCs) route is GR16 -> NS2 -> GR16 (but without risk of feedback)

• @dendy Thanks so much for taking the time! I appreciate that.

• @kinkujin said:
    @dendy Thanks so much for taking the time! I appreciate that.

+++ 1