Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NanoStudio2 duplicating parts and automation

edited November 2019 in General App Discussion

Hi! How do you duplicate parts with their automation? Is automation related to track and not parts? How to easily manage this without duplicating parts and automation separately?

Comments

• Ok mixer automation is track related while instruments automation are parts related. Instruments level automation can be done by macro knobs, but that will be pre effects. So I will need to duplicate fader automation separately as I need level automation at the end of the chain.

• edited November 2019

what i do when i want to automate track volume, i do not automate volume fader itself - i put "STEREO GAIN" buildin FX as insert on that track and automate this gain. This way, i can automate volume but i can still use fader for adjusting relative volume of track in realation to other tracks

Btw. do you k ow yoou can add as many "track lanes" for each track in sequencer as you want, and then you can use different clip for notes and different clip for instrument automation - so you can then independently copy notes and automations across timeline ? This is very handy...

• @dendy yes I’ve just tried that with compressor make up automation but that’s still related to track, not part so when I duplicate part automation is not duplicated, I have to do it in automation edition view. Doing it via Obsidian Envelope level is not post effects. Think Ableton Clips Envelopes https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/clip-envelopes/

And thanks for track lane trick, super useful !! :)

• edited November 2019

Aaah now i understand what you mean with duplicating , i was still not sure.

Yeah this thing is on todo list - some way to enable "track automation follows clips" - after that track automation would be moved / duplicated together with clips automatically ... no timeline for this, but it's on todo list definitely ...

• @dendy said:
    Aaah now i understand what you mean with duplicating , i was still not sure.

Yeah this thing is on todo list - some way to enable "track automation follows clips" - after that track automation would be moved / duplicated together with clips automatically ... no timeline for this, but it's on todo list definitely ...

Cool, it’s really a must have feature :smile: