Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence Feature Poll: What major addition would you like to see next?

1235»

Comments

• @sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Alright wim. Do you think a longer timeline is good? Was using midi generators and didnt realise I was re-writing over the midi data in xequence. I use hardware which is non midi out. I guess it might remind me of the time at the beach at night. A chick said' how do you see the stars? I was like, sort of like the superman logo, where it travels from a point then expands to the viewer. So the stars seemed like they were distant. She said you dont see them as a curved bubble? Changed my perspective.

I don’t follow you. All I said is there isn’t a restriction for track length in Xequence. There used to be but there isn’t. Maybe I confused you when I said there are limits to what the device can handle. But that’s beyond Xequence’s control. You probably wouldn’t run into them anyway.

If you were overwriting data then you may have had a loop set. That has nothing to do with track length.

Or, you were working with an older version of Xequence. Are you talking about Xequence or Xequence 2?

Really? So if I was sending midi notes without loop. It could record for more than 20 minutes per track?

Yes that's correct, there's no limit to recording time and the amount of notes and controller data that can be reasonably handled, even in a single clip, goes into the tens or hundreds of thousands.

• @SevenSystems said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Alright wim. Do you think a longer timeline is good? Was using midi generators and didnt realise I was re-writing over the midi data in xequence. I use hardware which is non midi out. I guess it might remind me of the time at the beach at night. A chick said' how do you see the stars? I was like, sort of like the superman logo, where it travels from a point then expands to the viewer. So the stars seemed like they were distant. She said you dont see them as a curved bubble? Changed my perspective.

I don’t follow you. All I said is there isn’t a restriction for track length in Xequence. There used to be but there isn’t. Maybe I confused you when I said there are limits to what the device can handle. But that’s beyond Xequence’s control. You probably wouldn’t run into them anyway.

If you were overwriting data then you may have had a loop set. That has nothing to do with track length.

Or, you were working with an older version of Xequence. Are you talking about Xequence or Xequence 2?

Really? So if I was sending midi notes without loop. It could record for more than 20 minutes per track?

Yes that's correct, there's no limit to recording time and the amount of notes and controller data that can be reasonably handled, even in a single clip, goes into the tens or hundreds of thousands.

Cool SS. Thanks. Will speak again when I set everything up. Iv always seen this as THE app. Will leave updates to you and the pro's.

• @sigma79 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@sigma79 said:

@wim said:

@sigma79 said:

Cool SS. Thanks. Will speak again when I set everything up. Iv always seen this as THE app. Will leave updates to you and the pro's.

Thanks for the kind feedback -- let me know if there's any other questions or issues.

• @SevenSystems for what's it worth, I've been digging with AB 3 / X2, it brings some cool stuffs (midi switching apps, tempo midi control) but I can't launch individual X2 as I'd like to...

So, I guess if I may ask, I'd like "just" a midi assignable start/stop (not MMC) into X2 that would start on a cycle of Link (as I did with Modstep) then live tempo change into X2 to play with it into AB.
    :)

• Midi au looper

• @hibjshop said:
    Midi au looper

:D

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@crony said:
    @SevenSystems for what's it worth, I've been digging with AB 3 / X2, it brings some cool stuffs (midi switching apps, tempo midi control) but I can't launch individual X2 as I'd like to...

So, I guess if I may ask, I'd like "just" a midi assignable start/stop (not MMC) into X2 that would start on a cycle of Link (as I did with Modstep) then live tempo change into X2 to play with it into AB.
    :)

If you’re using it in AB3 and have the MIDI Learn IAP then you’re already there. Just hit the AB3 MIDI Icon, tap the start button of AB3 or X2, then send the MIDI you want to use. Done.

• @wim well, I tried that...But actually for a weird reason all I got with AB is a big mess.
    I guess it's because of my config, but switching apps is not stable here,(sometimes it works, then it doesn't, then it comes back...) and now even starting my track (without any sync, no Link in AB, nothing...) just kind of stop the song on first bar / 2 bars...
    Looks like a clock issue except I have no clock activated in AB...

Well, time to bed... :hushed:

• @crony said:
    @wim well, I tried that...But actually for a weird reason all I got with AB is a big mess.
    I guess it's because of my config, but switching apps is not stable here,(sometimes it works, then it doesn't, then it comes back...) and now even starting my track (without any sync, no Link in AB, nothing...) just kind of stop the song on first bar / 2 bars...
    Looks like a clock issue except I have no clock activated in AB...

Well, time to bed... :hushed:

Link and Link Star/Stop need to be enabled in both AB and X2. I’m not sure what you mean by “switching apps is not stable”. Oh well, I hope you get it worked out.

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

Link and Link Star/Stop need to be enabled in both AB and X2. I’m not sure what you mean by “switching apps is not stable”. Oh well, I hope you get it worked out.

Yep, I did that (for start/stop Link) and switching apps, with a midi controller assigned, is not stable.
    I mean it switch correctly sometimes (same midi controller for 4 iPads) then at some point some of the iPads are not switching, or switching to AB app page and not the app I wanted, so my 4 iPads are not "synched" anymore...

EDIT : found out that I had a midi virtual wire from AUM going to network session on my third iPad, and created that mess !!! So this clock issue is solved :)

I guess it's a bug, I'll report that...

• Loving this amazing modular setup: X2,AB3, AUM. Amazing!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Loving this amazing modular setup: X2,AB3, AUM. Amazing!

Good to hear 😇 Rock on!

• @wim said:
    I would 1000% rather see an Xequence AU Piano Roll & Timeline. One instrument per instance. Sync from the host, with option to unsync, midi recording, midi import, midi export.

That's total Blue Ocean right there.

Absolutely this. Been trying to use Xequence 2 and AUM together and it’s just too cumbersome. AU MIDI sequencer with the sophistication and simplicity (and timeline!) of Xequence 2 is what iOS needs right now.

Due respect to Atom, but it sounds like the rewrite is going to take a while.

• @papertiger said:

@wim said:
    I would 1000% rather see an Xequence AU Piano Roll & Timeline. One instrument per instance. Sync from the host, with option to unsync, midi recording, midi import, midi export.

Absolutely this. Been trying to use Xequence 2 and AUM together and it’s just too cumbersome. AU MIDI sequencer with the sophistication and simplicity (and timeline!) of Xequence 2 is what iOS needs right now.

And I’ll pay a fair price for Xequence AU.. It will solve many of my issues with midi..

• @RajahP said:

@papertiger said:

@wim said:

And I’ll pay a fair price for Xequence AU.. It will solve many of my issues with midi..

Likewise. I would pay at least what I paid for Xequence 2.

• How about a clip launch view?

• edited December 2019

A mini AU version (as already stated)