Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auditor - Audio Editor by Living Memory Software

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

Still worth reporting to Andy as he is pretty thorough and has sometimes figured out what could cause something even when not reliably reproducible.

I reported the Audio Engine dying a couple of few weeks ago, but it's really tricky to reproduce reliably as it happens mostly when the app gets back grounded with the slicer, spectrum or loop-edit view active. Maybe the back-ground audio thread has a time-out of some kind and when the app is brought to the front again the audio-engine is not initialized or something like that...

I'm too busy enjoying the new Logic Pro X 10.5 update for now so the iPad doesn't get too much app attention other than acting as a remote :D

• @richardyot said:

@jameslondon74 said:

@richardyot said:

@jameslondon74 said:
    Question re: Auditor:
    I have a huge amount of drum samples on my iCloud account. How is it with browsing through my iCloud library, and auditioning samples quickly straight from the cloud? (Apple's own File app sucks at this)

As long as the connection is good it should be really quick.

Thanks, but what is it’s browser like? Does it use the file app or does it have its own?

I think it's a custom version of Files - it looks identical except there is a special mode to audition sounds: once the speaker is activated you just tap on a file to audition it.

Confirmed. Brilliant.

• Version 1.0.42 is out:

Fixing bugs and some QoL improvements before moving on to the next big update...

Auditor V1.0.42 (117)

• Fixed: Export M4a/ALAC, was exporting AAC instead of lossless.
    • Fixed: Export M4a/ALAC bit rate and word size choice was ignored.
    • Fixed: FLAC export word size was ignored.
    • Fixed: AAC/ADTS export now has a bit rate chooser.
    • Fixed: Potential crash after vertically resizing layer lanes.
    • Fixed: Reset session range after move-to-playhead action.
    • Fixed: incorrect labelling in the M4a format chooser.
    • Fixed a crash if audition fails when device connected to usb audio.
    • Fixed: don’t attempt to open midi files, ignore them if selected.
    • Fixed: Selection overlay could scroll too far when swiping in overview.
    • New: Show a progress bar when importing long files
    • New: Batch Editor now has a Commit button to help prevent accidental edits.
    • Allow filename prefix to be blank when saving separate regions as audio files.
    • Ruler marker labels are slightly wider.
    • Ruler marker labels adjust font size if name doesn’t fit.
    • New: Tap on layer or master volume dial to set volume via text input.
    • Implemented some minor snap and drag improvements.
    • Several significant “under the hood” optimisations and fixes.
    • Use theme colour choice for BPM panel keyboard
  • Bloody great developer

• edited May 2020

Got the update nice the zoom range thing fixed, drove me (more) nuts

• From facebook:

Auditor 1.0.44 Submitted to App Store and currently in review, won't be long now ...

V1.0.44 (140)
    ⁃ Implemented TimeStretch: Action button added to action bar.
    ⁃ Slicing: Improved transient detection.
    ⁃ Slicing: Implemented 'Warp', a mode to stretch a slice by moving its marker.
    ⁃ ( advice: Warp is undoable, use undo between warping the same slice multiple times)
    ⁃ Slicing: Tapping on a slice in the waveform area, selects and plays the slice.
    ⁃ Slicing: Current slice is automatically selected when using transport buttons.
    ⁃ Slicing: Added Loop button to transport bar to loop around currently selected slice.
    ⁃ Slicing: Spectrum background now available in both auto and manual.
    ⁃ Action Bar: Normalize has a parameter to set maximum level.
    ⁃ Batch Processor: Normalize has a parameter to set maximum level.
    ⁃ Fixed: Bug causing parts of UI to become unresponsive.
    ⁃ Fixed: Button enabled state not being correctly updated for some actions.
    ⁃ Fixed: Don't attempt to show an action's parameter input view if disabled.
    ⁃ Fixed: Slicing export no longer allows invalid MIDI note numbers.
    ⁃ Fixed: An error saving CAF files that originated from compressed Apple Loops.
    ⁃ Fixed: UI was not updating region crossfades when Ripple Edit enabled.
    ⁃ Fixed: Slicing could crash if region length was a power of 2
    ⁃ Fixed: An intermittent bug that could cause a crash while Auditor is launching.
    ⁃Fixed: An intermittent error opening files shared from external app.
    ⁃Fixed: An intermittent crash bug during UI refresh after loading files.
    ⁃ Various other minor tweaks and fixes.
    ⁃ Updated PDF Manual.

• @White said:
    From facebook:

Auditor 1.0.44 Submitted to App Store and currently in review, won't be long now ...

V1.0.44 (140)
    ⁃ ( advice: Warp is undoable, use undo between warping the same slice multiple times)
    ⁃ Slicing: Tapping on a slice in the waveform area, selects and plays the slice.
    ⁃ Slicing: Current slice is automatically selected when using transport buttons.
    ⁃ Slicing: Added Loop button to transport bar to loop around currently selected slice.
    ⁃ Fixed: An intermittent bug that could cause a crash while Auditor is launching.
    ⁃ Updated PDF Manual.

This app is fast becoming a BEAST of a Swiss army knife!

• It's great. Using it last night, definitely the audio utility to have on iOS.

• Amazing Dev right here, thank you very much for all the updates and upgrades

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@White said:
    From facebook:

V1.0.44 (140)
    ⁃ Updated PDF Manual.

This app is fast becoming a BEAST of a Swiss army knife!

Here... Digging in.... TimeStretch?

• so on-board with this :)

• Just keeps getting better! 😎👍🏼

• @LivingMemorySoftware Thank you for Auditor + the continued upkeep + new shiny features.. it's a jewel.. 🙏

• Apple should take an example from Auditor about audition of files. When i want to select an audio file from Files, i always need AudioShare to actually listen what file to choose. It takes away the fun of “On the Fly”.
    Question:
    Is it possible to record directly into Auditor from an AUM source?

• An updated video will be soooo... nice..

• @Identor said:
    Apple should take an example from Auditor about audition of files. When i want to select an audio file from Files, i always need AudioShare to actually listen what file to choose. It takes away the fun of “On the Fly”.
    Question:

No recording. Just Importing.
    The AU is just a File Player, the main Editor is standalone.
    You can record in the Editor, but it seems only from hardware sources or internal mic.

• @Identor said:
    Apple should take an example from Auditor about audition of files. When i want to select an audio file from Files, i always need AudioShare to actually listen what file to choose. It takes away the fun of “On the Fly”.
    Question:

No. Record in AUM then import into Auditor.

• When using Auditor to scroll through files, there used to be a play button, on the bottom right if I remember, that made it easy to listen to audio. This has dissappeared for me. Anyone else? Maybe got broken with an update, either to iOS or the app itself?

• @Gavinski said:
    When using Auditor to scroll through files, there used to be a play button, on the bottom right if I remember, that made it easy to listen to audio. This has dissappeared for me. Anyone else? Maybe got broken with an update, either to iOS or the app itself?

For me it's still there, iPad Air 2 running iPadOS13.6.

• Thnx, I'll message the dev

• @Gavinski said:
    Thnx, I'll message the dev

I am on the beta for Auditor so it could be a glitch in the release version that is already fixed in the betas...

• @Gavinski said:
    When using Auditor to scroll through files, there used to be a play button, on the bottom right if I remember, that made it easy to listen to audio. This has dissappeared for me. Anyone else? Maybe got broken with an update, either to iOS or the app itself?

Still there for me, latest iOS, latest Auditor, iPad Pro 10.5

• @richardyot said:

@Gavinski said:

Still there for me, latest iOS, latest Auditor, iPad Pro 10.5

Same here

• I ended up doing a reinstall, that resolved it, thnx guys....

• Not having much luck with Auditor today, freezing Files app quite regularly, not sure where the fault lies

• @Carnbot said:
    Not having much luck with Auditor today, freezing Files app quite regularly, not sure where the fault lies

Have you restarted your iPad? When the Files app starts glitching, I make it a habit to reboot the iPad.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Carnbot said:
    Not having much luck with Auditor today, freezing Files app quite regularly, not sure where the fault lies

Have you restarted your iPad? When the Files app starts glitching, I make it a habit to reboot the iPad.

Yeah I have to do that quite regularly. I found out that the Files app does eventually reset itself if you wait, but it's often a long time. But restarting is usually quicker. I hope iOS 14 improves this, these Files bugs are really holding the platform back now.

• I'm looking for a WAV editor mainly to prep samples and handle random utilities like extracting audio from video.
    Based on the manual and the overall GUI, Auditor looks like a pretty ideal option. However, I have two concerns:
    -I see it imports MP4s, but what about MOVs?
    -Is there any de-noising effect in the works? That's kind of a big one that makes me lean toward Twisted Wave or Hokusai.
    --Even if Auditor was unable to provide its own denoise effect, if it could at least host AUs and run them offline, I could use Brusfri or something.

Thanks!
    -R.

PS @Carnbot ugh, I get so many glitches in Files.

• I really like Auditor for cutting my lengthy jams neatly into 4, 8 or 16 beat bars then sending them all instantly to Audioshare 👍🏻

• From a lifetime ago...

@CracklePot said:
    3. No, it [looping a clip in the AU file player] can be triggered by the host with host transport sync

If I understand this simple statement correctly, I should be able to set playback to LOOP and the clip will repeat, much the same way AUM’s File Player will loop a clip.

This is not happening for me. I rewind the transport in AUM, the clip plays once and does not loop. It will only play—once—when I rewind the transport and start again.

I think I’m missing a step or mis-interpreting @CracklePot’s point.

Thanks for the assist, as always.