Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DropBox - new transfer feature on iPhone/iPad - how to?

This audio community moves a lot of data around. There’s a new ‘transfer” feature for Dropbox, but the current iOS app doesn’t reference it anywhere. DropBox.com shows it if you login, but nothing in iOS. Anyone gotten it to work in iOS yet?

Comments

• I got my answer from dropbox support this morning:

"Thank you for contacting Dropbox Support. My name is Luke, and I'll be more than happy to help you with your request.

Currently, it is not possible to use the transfer feature using a mobile app but thank you for reaching out to us with this feature request!

We are always looking for ways to make the Dropbox Transfer experience better and I will make sure to pass your feedback along to our development team.

If you require any more assistance feel free to contact me, I will happily assist you."

• what does the transfer feature do?

• @eross said:
    what does the transfer feature do?

Instead of sharing files/folders in Dropbox, with the assumption that the recipient of the share link can modify the originals, the Transfer feature sends a copy of the files themselves. The recipient can then download them to their own storage and make changes on their copy without affecting the sender’s originals.

Here’s the link to engadget’s description of it:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/09/dropbox-transfer-100gb-file-sending/

• @motmeister said:

@eross said:ahh very cool
    what does the transfer feature do?

Instead of sharing files/folders in Dropbox, with the assumption that the recipient of the share link can modify the originals, the Transfer feature sends a copy of the files themselves. The recipient can then download them to their own storage and make changes on their copy without affecting the sender’s originals.

Here’s the link to engadget’s description of it:

https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/09/dropbox-transfer-100gb-file-sending/

• wimwim
    edited November 2019

Good feature from Dropbox's standpoint. Instant multiplication of storage consumption. I wouldn't be surprised if they do bring it to the iOS apps since it has to be a moneymaker.