Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 1.7.2 featured improvements

Hello all,

We have published today a list of the more than 50 improvements featuring the Cubasis 1.7.2 update, It will be available soon.

What’s new
Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
Audio track freeze
Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
Newly created audio files appear highlighted in the MediaBay.
A new overlay informs about imported files (replacing the previous popup).
Separating files for tracks in mixdown now includes track names for each file.
The touchable area of the preset selection arrows in Micrologue and Micro Sonic has been improved.
Cycle mode is automatically activated when setting the locators to the selection by long tapping an event.
Creating an event by double tapping in the arrange window area now automatically selects the corresponding track.
MIDI tracks assigned to “No Instrument” now display drum pads instead of chord pads as an alternative to the keyboard.
Several minor usability improvements.

For a full detailed list please visit the link bellow:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=55301

Best regards,
GN

Comments

• Automation and sidechain compression not yet in the tube?

• Thanks for a great job in maintaining frequent updates to this powerhouse application. I use this app nearly as much as any app I own. Keep up the nice work!

• I think the point of this update is to fix all the problems (some quite serious) that this app currently has. ..but agree that automation is important. The notice does say that the next version will prioritize automation

• Yes that is why I mentioned how good they are about keeping updates coming to make this app better on a frequent basis. Audio playback performance will be another excellent addition and I am looking forward to the update.

• edited February 2014

CB-1459 Fixes an issue where Inter-App Audio effects were ignored when performing a mixdown.

That drives everyone nuts

• @Schrodinger said:

The notice does say that the next version will prioritize automation

Oh I missed that.... good news!

• Hopefully all updates/fixes listed will work as advertised. Very much looking forward to this update, and of course, 1.8 w/ automation!

• Great news!

• edited February 2014

Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.

Yay!

I still wish there was a way to prevent long pressing a clip from moving the left and right markers to the beginning and end of that clip. That drives me nuts. I'd like to be able to lock the markers' positions.

• I thought Steinberg had gone all quiet on us... thank you, great news! :)

• No they have not gone quiet in fact they did an update only in the fall. You should get that one before this one coming up on top of the last one.

• edited February 2014

correction the last Cubasis update was even more recent than that in fact it was in December that just passed. This is why I mentioned how good Steinberg's support has been for Cubasis. If you go to their forum they are already planning another release after the next one coming up. Not many App developers I have seen give anywhere near so much support .

• This is FANTASTIC news @GuillermoNavarrete !!!! Thanks to you and your team for all of the hard work!!!!

• That's good news!

• I just hope the stability of former versions (pre-iOS 7) is restored. The current implementation is awful on my iPad 3.

• I'm happy for this update and I'm not trying to bash the Cubasis people but I don't see how their update/bug fix schedule is anything out of the usual. I came to Cubasis from using Reaper on the pc. It seemed like they released bug fixes and updates every other day sometimes.

• Yes, they do update regularly, although the last 2 have seemed slow because they are essentially patches to the 7.0 release that caused issues. I know they have rolled in other stuff and I'm very grateful it's here... It just seemed like it went a bit quiet for official messages on the forums since 7!

Looking forward to this!

• It is better than many on the ios platform I have found. Which is not to say that there are not others who are also very good on IOS>>> but over all they do very well.

• edited February 2014

I love Cubasis, but I've had to find other avenues (Auria) since the last update, which forced me to learn a few good things. Still I'm really looking forward to this update getting things really working again!

• Hello all,

@periurban said:

I just hope the stability of former versions (pre-iOS 7) is restored. The current implementation is awful on my iPad 3.

Yes, this is one of the aims on this update.

I'm happy for this update and I'm not trying to bash the Cubasis people but I don't see how their update/bug fix schedule is anything out of the usual. I came to Cubasis from using Reaper on the pc. It seemed like they released bug fixes and updates every other day sometimes.

We have been releasing maintenance updates more or less every two and a half months some times sooner some times later.
    But in this case due to some of the above mentioned bugs we have released two intermittent maintenance updates.

Best regards,
    GN

• is it already submitted to apple?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hello,
    The update has been submitted to apple, it will be available as soon as apple approves it, probably today.

Best regards,
    GN

• Cool, thanks.

• edited February 2014

Available in the UK :) downloaded and yes that CPU meter is a LOT less active.

I'm on a mini retina, but 1st project loaded (admittedly not a massive one) has tiny CPU being reported.

Hope all the ipad 2 users get some useful love from this release!

• Anyone have my same problem with IAA midi??

Freeze some synth and have only white audio :-(

• Any hope of having different loop points for different tracks?
    I too am really looking forward to this update especially since I got my Griffin Studio Connect and am recording a lot of external audio sources! There are just so many possibilities with Cubasis!

• Haven't spent too much time with it yet, but am getting a nice performance bump w/ my iPad 2 , so far… cool…

Would be great if the upcoming Korg Gadget update did the same thing re: optimizing performance. (Yeah, I also was sucked into the Gadget vortex… I like that app too!)

• Now released in the U.S. Also!,, I am downloading it now.