Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

how do I copy and load Mozaic scripts please?

I want to try some scripts from Patchstorage. What is the best way to get the scripts to my iPad, then how do I load them in Mozaic. I do have AUM to use as a host.

Thanks!

Comments

    1. Go to Patchstorage a browser on your iPad/phone
    2. Pick Mosaic on the main page. Navigate to the desired patch
    3. Bottom right corner of each patches intro card is a download icon (with the number of times its been downloaded.
    4. click on it
    5. If mozaic is installed, choose —> Open in "Mozaic"
    6. the "More" option lets you backup to dropbox or another app/destination

    Profit.

  • The script will install into Mozaic automagically.
    Pick it from the Load menu.
    You will have to have a host for Mozaic to function.

  • edited November 3

    @gkillmaster If you find yourself downloading a bunch of them, you can zip them up and then open that zip in Mozaic (using a share sheet in Files or Dropbox) and it'll import the whole lot in one go.. pretty handy.. they'll end up in User Patches in the Load menu in Mozaic. In case they don't appear right away, hit the refresh button when you're inside the Load menu..

  • I added @audiblevideo’s nicely-done guide to the wiki page that @_ki has done such a fantastic job updating with the patchstorage.com list.

  • @wim Cool idea to add the download and installation instructions.

    On my iPad (with iPadOS 13.1) tapping the download button on PatchStorage automatically downloads the file to 'On My iPad / Downloads' - so i added instructions for this case.

    Long pressing the download button brings up a list of options, offering 'Download' or 'Share'. Using 'Share' brings up another list but Mozaic is neither in the list of icons nor in the list of actions.

  • wimwim
    edited November 3

    @_ki said:
    @wim Cool idea to add the download and installation instructions.

    On my iPad (with iPadOS 13.1) tapping the download button on PatchStorage automatically downloads the file to 'On My iPad / Downloads' - so i added instructions for this case.

    Long pressing the download button brings up a list of options, offering 'Download' or 'Share'. Using 'Share' brings up another list but Mozaic is neither in the list of icons nor in the list of actions.

    I think this is an iOS 13 issue. I forgot about that since I haven’t upgraded yet because of ~#$!*& Korg.

  • If I install the scripts from Patch storage in Mozaic, will I be able to see the actual script? Copy/paste? Learn from existing code? When I download them on my computer it only looks like a binary file that doesn't contain anything of value that I can compare to the manual (I've been reading up on the (excellent btw) manual over the last couple of days).

  • @hellquist said:
    If I install the scripts from Patch storage in Mozaic, will I be able to see the actual script? Copy/paste? Learn from existing code? When I download them on my computer it only looks like a binary file that doesn't contain anything of value that I can compare to the manual (I've been reading up on the (excellent btw) manual over the last couple of days).

    The files from PatchStorage start with a binary section of saved data and the script text starts further into the same file. Opening the PatchStorage files in any text editor will start with a page or so of unreadable characters.

    Keep going... we need more users of this amazing tool to make a robust community. Millions of programmer write code for us and expect (hope for) "Thank You" as a payment.

  • @audiblevideo said:
    1. Go to Patchstorage a browser on your iPad/phone
    2. Pick Mosaic on the main page. Navigate to the desired patch
    3. Bottom right corner of each patches intro card is a download icon (with the number of times its been downloaded.
    4. click on it
    5. If mozaic is installed, choose —> Open in "Mozaic"
    6. the "More" option lets you backup to dropbox or another app/destination

    Profit.

    Thank you!!!

  • @hellquit Yes, you can browse the source of all scripts in Mozaic.

    The .moziac format is a compressed binary format, thats why downloading the patches to a desktop computer and opening them does not work.

  • @royor said:
    @gkillmaster If you find yourself downloading a bunch of them, you can zip them up and then open that zip in Mozaic (using a share sheet in Files or Dropbox) and it'll import the whole lot in one go.. pretty handy.. they'll end up in User Patches in the Load menu in Mozaic. In case they don't appear right away, hit the refresh button when you're inside the Load menu..

    Thanks! Definitely good to know. Thing that's confusing me is I sent the file from patchstorage to Mozaic but it doesn't seem to show up in "Files" app on my iPad.

  • _ki_ki
    edited November 3

    @gkillmaster Mozaic does not add a folder to 'On My iPad' or 'iCloud', so you can't see the installed presets in the files app.
    If you are on iPadOS 13, safari should download files into 'On My iPad / Downloads' (if you didn't configure that otherwise under Settings App / Safari / Downloads) and you need to 'Share' from there.

  • @_ki said:
    @hellquit Yes, you can browse the source of all scripts in Mozaic.

    The .moziac format is a compressed binary format, thats why downloading the patches to a desktop computer and opening them does not work.

    Good stuff. I also appreciate your efforts on the code highlighting in Sublime, so thanks for that, it is good for me when investigating when I try to figure out if I should "get in there" or not (I can completely nerd down if I get it, which is why I've held off so far).

    Today, whilst bored in a kids center where my kids were, drinking my 86th cup of coffee, I had a look in Dash to see if the documentation was in there (it wasn't, but I wasn't actually expecting it to be either) and also looked up if my latest fave iOS tool (the app Working Copy, which is a great git client and editor) could take custom language files (I couldn't find a way for it). I'm getting closer and closer to getting it still though. Might even look at the possibility to create code highlight for Visual Studio Code, but that will have to wait until I've gotten the current music out of my head. :)

  • @_ki said:
    @gkillmaster Mozaic does not add a folder to 'On My iPad' or 'iCloud', so you can't see the installed presets in the files app.
    If you are on iPadOS 13, safari should download files into 'On My iPad / Downloads' (if you didn't configure that otherwise under Settings App / Safari / Downloads) and you need to 'Share' from there.

    Thank you! I see my problem I think. I was using Chrome instead... Doesn't seem to automatically put in On My iPad/Downloads...

  • @hellquist said:
    If I install the scripts from Patch storage in Mozaic, will I be able to see the actual script? Copy/paste? Learn from existing code? When I download them on my computer it only looks like a binary file that doesn't contain anything of value that I can compare to the manual (I've been reading up on the (excellent btw) manual over the last couple of days).

    Where is the manual please? I can't seem to find it on my iPad...

  • edited November 3

    @gkillmaster said:

    @hellquist said:
    If I install the scripts from Patch storage in Mozaic, will I be able to see the actual script? Copy/paste? Learn from existing code? When I download them on my computer it only looks like a binary file that doesn't contain anything of value that I can compare to the manual (I've been reading up on the (excellent btw) manual over the last couple of days).

    Where is the manual please? I can't seem to find it on my iPad...

    Firstly, go to the wiki, which is great (another effort from @_ki ). There you'll find links and all kinds of good stuff.
    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

    It also has this link for the manual: http://ruismaker.com/wp-content/uploads/Mozaic.pdf
    EDIT: It is also worth checking that link for updates now and then. I had v1.2 until just the other day when I noticed the current one is 1.6 or something.

  • @hellquist said:

    @gkillmaster said:

    @hellquist said:
    If I install the scripts from Patch storage in Mozaic, will I be able to see the actual script? Copy/paste? Learn from existing code? When I download them on my computer it only looks like a binary file that doesn't contain anything of value that I can compare to the manual (I've been reading up on the (excellent btw) manual over the last couple of days).

    Where is the manual please? I can't seem to find it on my iPad...

    Firstly, go to the wiki, which is great (another effort from @_ki ). There you'll find links and all kinds of good stuff.
    https://wiki.audiob.us/mozaic_plugin_engine

    It also has this link for the manual: http://ruismaker.com/wp-content/uploads/Mozaic.pdf

    Thanks a ton!

  • _ki_ki
    edited November 3

    When using Chrome to browse PatchStorage, i get an 'Open in Mozaic' on downloading a patch (even on iPadOS 13) :) The popup also offers 'Safe in Files'

  • @gkillmaster said:

    @royor said:
    @gkillmaster If you find yourself downloading a bunch of them, you can zip them up and then open that zip in Mozaic (using a share sheet in Files or Dropbox) and it'll import the whole lot in one go.. pretty handy.. they'll end up in User Patches in the Load menu in Mozaic. In case they don't appear right away, hit the refresh button when you're inside the Load menu..

    Thanks! Definitely good to know. Thing that's confusing me is I sent the file from patchstorage to Mozaic but it doesn't seem to show up in "Files" app on my iPad.

    I guess I've been saving them in my Dropbox and then zipping them in there.. and Yes, as @_ki mentioned, if you're using iOS 13 and use Safari to download the scripts, you'll find them in the Downloads folder (Safari creates it within Files > iCloud Drive -OR- On My iPad) and then zip them from there etc...

  • @_ki said:
    When using Chrome to browse PatchStorage, i get an 'Open in Mozaic' on downloading a patch (even on iPadOS 13) :) The popup also offers 'Safe in Files'

    O! I see now, thanks again...

  • @royor said:

    @gkillmaster said:

    @royor said:
    @gkillmaster If you find yourself downloading a bunch of them, you can zip them up and then open that zip in Mozaic (using a share sheet in Files or Dropbox) and it'll import the whole lot in one go.. pretty handy.. they'll end up in User Patches in the Load menu in Mozaic. In case they don't appear right away, hit the refresh button when you're inside the Load menu..

    Thanks! Definitely good to know. Thing that's confusing me is I sent the file from patchstorage to Mozaic but it doesn't seem to show up in "Files" app on my iPad.

    I guess I've been saving them in my Dropbox and then zipping them in there.. and Yes, as @_ki mentioned, if you're using iOS 13 and use Safari to download the scripts, you'll find them in the Downloads folder (Safari creates it within Files > iCloud Drive -OR- On My iPad) and then zip them from there etc...

    Great! yes, that works...

Sign In or Register to comment.