Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

So I thought of a new project name ...

I have a specific name in mind for my new music project (band name)
There doesn’t appear to be any other use of the name at present. How does one go about owning the name.
I seem to recall in the “old days” you’d send a demo cassette to yourself (incorporating the name) through the post with a post dated stamp :*

Comments

• Band name i think you can trade mark, cost money. For the music you are right but many people join the musicians union to log your music in a legally secure manner.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Band name i think you can trade mark, cost money. For the music you are right but many people join the musicians union to log your music in a legally secure manner.

Thanks Trevor ;)

• @enc said:
    There doesn’t appear to be any other use of the name at present. How does one go about owning the name.
    I seem to recall in the “old days” you’d send a demo cassette to yourself (incorporating the name) through the post with a post dated stamp :*

Write the name down.

Connect this paper to a balloon.

Send it to me.

Listen in your can with the string.......

The patent office will contact you.

• Post it here and you'll have a date and time stamp

• @RUST( i )K said:

@enc said:

Write the name down.

Connect this paper to a balloon.

Send it to me.

Listen in your can with the string.......

The patent office will contact you.

Done :D

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Post it here and you'll have a date and time stamp

Hmmm🤔🤔

• I guess it depends on where you live, but for my music alter ego I did the following:

• Registered a domain name
    • Set up email address on that domain
    • Created a YouTube channel
    • Signed up with the above details on Distrokid and released my music on all platforms
    • Added the new profile on Spotify which I connected to my regular (personal) account and had the Spotify account verified (Web site, email and YouTube)
    • Registered the artistname as an official music publisher with STIM (which is the official body in Sweden for music royalties) and connected it to my real name (I already had a STIM account from when I was in a band)

That was it I think. My artistname is now connected to me in multiple ways, and cross-verified between services.

• @hellquist said:
    I guess it depends on where you live, but for my music alter ego I did the following:

• Registered a domain name
    • Set up email address on that domain
    • Created a YouTube channel
    • Signed up with the above details on Distrokid and released my music on all platforms
    • Added the new profile on Spotify which I connected to my regular (personal) account and had the Spotify account verified (Web site, email and YouTube)
    • Registered the artistname as an official music publisher with STIM (which is the official body in Sweden for music royalties) and connected it to my real name (I already had a STIM account from when I was in a band)

That was it I think. My artistname is now connected to me in multiple ways, and cross-verified between services.

Yeah I think this may be the key for full protection...if it got to the point of legal argument....it isn't just first use, but also the amount of use and what the name is recognised to be ...
    For a very exaggerated example .... if I had used the name Disney 100 years ago, but not registered and maintained the trademark.....I would have no real claim to it anymore due to the fact that Disney is now a massive worldwide brand....