Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ice Gear Lagrange - multi engine AU synth

Comments

• @kinkujin said:
    How is this synth on battery?
    You that have all other IceGear synths, are you getting this one? New sounds to be had or as others have alluded to, or same sounds but in a new and convenient package?

Haven’t noticed any unusual power drain drama. As to sound, it’s more immediately flexible than other IceGear synths, but within that family of sounds.

• This is really a great synth! MPE would make me very happy......

• The standard oscillators on this synth have that clean, modern, neutral sound. It's probably the most convenient choice for that purpose now. I think the sound engine has improved relative to their previous synths. And I love the selection of waves and routing configurations. I wonder what they'll make next, because Lagrange is kind of like a "greatest hits" of their previous elements.

• @wim do you reckon it’s possible to modify your Mozaic Spectrum randomizer for this one?

• I may have to grab this one

• @reasOne said:
    I may have to grab this one

This one is my favorite icegear synth..then kronecker. I really dig their sounds but this one is super easy to make amazing patches with. Would love to hear what spider comes up with

It's totally worth the 8bucks

• edited October 2019

There’s a lot to like in this synth but what’s holding me back from a purchase so far:

• Limited presets (we’re not all “from scratch” sound designers so starting points are useful)
    • Limited modulation possibilities
    • Only 1 onboard effect

Whereas something like Factory also has an excellent range of oscillators, but has an excellent effects section, oodles of modulation options, randomisation features and a matrix to help create new and unexpected sounds very quickly.

But Lagrange reminds me a bit of Native Instruments Razor for some reason ...

• @craftycurate said:
    There’s a lot to like in this synth but what’s holding me back from a purchase so far:

• Limited presets (we’re not all “from scratch” sound designers so starting points are useful)
    • Limited modulation possibilities
    • Only 1 onboard effect

Whereas something like Factory also has an excellent range of oscillators, but has an excellent effects section, oodles of modulation options, randomisation features and a matrix to help create new and unexpected sounds very quickly.

But Lagrange reminds me a bit of Native Instruments Razor for some reason ...

I don’t think it sounds much like Factory at all and l don’t find that it fits the same niche, whatever that is. But yeah, if you just want presets, then this isn’t for you.

• Is it easy to share presets? We could run a preset month for this one.

• wimwim
    edited October 2019

@gusgranite said:
    @wim do you reckon it’s possible to modify your Mozaic Spectrum randomizer for this one?

I’m not sure that’s really needed since it’s AU. The Spectrum Randomizer was created because at the time there was only cc parameter control, and the AU parameters weren’t exposed.

There’s already the MIDI CC Randomizer and Scenes and the MIDI Morph Pad II scripts which could be used with no modification needed just by midi learning the AU parameters you want to randomize.

• I would call Lagrange the "Factory" of Ice Gear, but that doesn't say much. I was trying to decide if I could remove any Ice Gear synth after adding Lagrange, and I think Lorentz is the only one.

Perhaps it goes without saying: the easiest way to add modulation to Lagrange is to insert it in apeMatrix!

• Well...I bought it.... and I immediately lost about two hours playing with it... dang , this is a great synth. I was hesitant because I was really hype for Kronecker but never really took on with it until a couple days ago when I pulled it back out to fight my urge to dive into Lagrange.
    Anyway this thing jams. I’ve added some kleverb followed up with 4pockets ShimmerFX and I’m pretty sure I just created the best pad I’ve ever created !
    But this one is quite versatile, Been getting some great bell plucks and bass as well.
    I plan on creating a full sound scape with Several instances this one alone.
    Get it!

• Sync and RingMod are just about the only things I miss and they could be added as additional ‘algorithms’ (for ring mod) and additional wave-types (for sync).

I like that fact that it includes quite a few physical modeling oscillators :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Admit to being a bit underwhelmed initially. Probably just isn't precisely my tub of ghee.

Thanks for clarifying.

• edited October 2019

Other than the wonderful sound, some of my fav features are....
    The ability to invrt the adsr

The rise and fall lfo.

And the pop up menu for the wave forms / routing rather than having to dive deep into other pages in the app, you just do it all right there

• Being able to control the start-phase of the LFOs would be another feature I'd love to see.
    Even though key-sync is nice being able to control the start-phase too would get it to another level... :)

• @LeonKowalski said:
    After some initial noodling: Sound wise it's an Icegear synth, no doubt... The routing change concept is very interesting and innovative (at least for someone like me), but it should come with a bit of a safety warning: changing the routing can sometimes result in very loud or harsh sounds. Be sure to not have the volume all the way up before changing!

You don’t sound over the moon?

• @ALB said:

@Zaubrer said:
    Now I wanted to get Cassine too because of all the talk and it‘s gone :(

It looked so fabulous

Cassini sounds great, but is not AU and is a bit futzy for programming.

So this isn’t a Cassini sub?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    After some initial noodling: Sound wise it's an Icegear synth, no doubt... The routing change concept is very interesting and innovative (at least for someone like me), but it should come with a bit of a safety warning: changing the routing can sometimes result in very loud or harsh sounds. Be sure to not have the volume all the way up before changing!

You don’t sound over the moon?

I just hurt my ears a bit, which makes me a bit cautious...

Apart from that, as english is not my first language, I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking (or maybe I'm sure that I don't understand what you are asking. About that I'm not sure either.)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@ALB said:

@Zaubrer said:
    Now I wanted to get Cassine too because of all the talk and it‘s gone :(

It looked so fabulous

Cassini sounds great, but is not AU and is a bit futzy for programming.

So this isn’t a Cassini sub?

No, not exactly a one to one substitute.

I’m loving the sound of this and enjoying making patches - quite easy.

• edited October 2019

Dum question: how do I get the notes to sustain after the key has been released? I've set the release in the ADSR to maximum but the note is still killed as soon as I lift my finger from the key. Normally a long release means the note should play even after the key has been released.

This is from the init patch with a struck string or a bell oscillator.

(edit) nevermind - I was using the wrong ADSR, sorry :)

• edited October 2019

This is a really nice synth, striking an excellent balance between depth and ease of use.

• @e121 said:
    This is a really nice synth, striking an excellent balance between depth and ease of use.

Agreed, I love the thing honestly, it is easy to navigate and design sound with, from happy accidents to intentional paths

• Awesome!
    Hope it also adds extended range to the pitch modulation depth (Envelope & LFO) and If I could wish bi/uni-polar switch & start-phase control for the LFOs. A Curve control for the envelopes could be handy for snappy and sloppy sounds.

From the looks of it it seems like the goal for Lagrange is to cover most synthesis methods :)

A RingMod option in the algorithm section could take it to another level unless Loland objects as that would bring Lagrange closer to LA Synthesis...

• edited October 2019

@Samu said:

Awesome!
    Hope it also adds extended range to the pitch modulation depth (Envelope & LFO) and If I could wish bi/uni-polar switch & start-phase control for the LFOs. A Curve control for the envelopes could be handy for snappy and sloppy sounds.

From the looks of it it seems like the goal for Lagrange is to cover most synthesis methods :)

A RingMod option in the algorithm section could take it to another level unless Loland objects as that would bring Lagrange closer to LA Synthesis...

I thought I was hard to please lol... JK Samu always a fan of your postings

• edited October 2019

If Im seeing this correctly, there is an adjustment made to the UI; more parameters visible with less swipping.....holyyyy shittt, what a pleasure, this is AWESOME!
    😃

• @hibjshop said:

I thought I was hard to please lol... JK Samu always a fan of your postings

Thanks, I mean many of the synths we have on iOS are awesome but just missing a few minor things for total control :)
    Control over the LFOs start phase and polarity (Uni/Bi-Polar) is pretty darn handy for all sorts of modulations.

Over all Lagrange is pretty well thought out to begin with and seeing that it gets the Sync-Saw option is super nice!

For sync sounds the pitch modulation range could go higher which would also make it easier to do other percussive sound that require pitch-sweeps higher than 1 octave (think kicks, zaps etc).

Considering the amount of 'waveform algorithms' I can live with the fact that the LFO doesn't reach super high rates for yaya filter stuff (ie. Filter FM) it could have been nice.

It'll be nice to see what kind of controls the AM oscillator algorithm will get?
    (Still a 'Ring Mod' option between the oscillators would lift Lagrange up a notch).

After that's done the only 'nice to have' feature would be a Mod Matrix.

I do have to admit it's quite a challenge to find things to add to Lagrange it cover a LOT of sonic ground and is pretty easy to tweak.

5 stars on the AppStore without any doubts! :)