Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best beat/wav slicer app to automate mapping of loops and hits?

Hi all,
I’m just branching out into using my small selection of hardware (Neutron & MC202 synths, Korg SQ10 sequencer, Arturia Keystep, Launchpad mini, Zoom multifx) with my IPad apps for sequence driven ‘dark ambient’ (That’s slow, and lots of reverb ;) )

I have the 4Pocket Chameleon sampler app, and I’m looking for a simple, if possible automated way, to slice beats created from Impaktor on a second IPad, or textures from the hardware synths into keyboard playable samples for it, and/or other apps. What apps, if any, might make this easier? I’m thinking something that can automatically slice a loop into individual hits, or a sequence into individual notes, and map these to templates, rather than having to do it beat or note by note every time. All suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• My guess is BM3, with its ‘slices to pads’ function, plus transient detection auto-slicing.

Not my area of expertise, though.
    I am sure others will weigh in.

• There is that synth ripper app, also.
    But I can’t remember its name.

Anybody help, here?
    :)

• Do you mean SynthJacker

• WTKWTK
    edited September 2019

BM3 or Virsyns Reslice come into my mind. Not quite sure which way you would like to go...

BM3 can slice your stuff in numerous ways and automap it afterwards. It’s like load a sample, hit slice (transient, beat/grid etc.), maybe adjusting the sensitivity, automap them to pads and having fun.

Reslice is badass too because of it’s 4 playhead arp and you can always export each slice so you can use it in other apps/programs sending the slices via e-Mail etc.

Edit: both apps offer tremendous slicing via transient detection which makes it easy to get started and having fun playing them via midi.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Do you mean SynthJacker

Yep, that’s the one.

• Don’t forget Beat Twirl

• Virsyn Reslice a good choice if you want to have the flexibility of putting the slices in any other app really. It's universal too, which is handy. The only kind of annoying thing about Reslice is when you export all slices they're in a 32bit wave format, and some apps don't agree with anything other than a 16bit wave file. If there's an option to stop this I haven't found it yet lol..

• @icsleepers said:
    Virsyn Reslice a good choice if you want to have the flexibility of putting the slices in any other app really. It's universal too, which is handy. The only kind of annoying thing about Reslice is when you export all slices they're in a 32bit wave format, and some apps don't agree with anything other than a 16bit wave file. If there's an option to stop this I haven't found it yet lol..

I love reslice, but I am not sure that it is better at exporting than Beatmaker -- which can export a file as an aif with embedded slice markers, tempo and loop info that Garageband, BeatHawk (and maybe others) can use to treat the files as Apple Loops or sliced loops.

• Ah - in all fairness I don’t have BM3 so was not aware. That is good to know!

• “Samplist” might be worth a look too.
    I find it pretty efficient at slicing loops and triggering the slices from MIDI input.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/samplist/id1347142920

• Thanks all for your comments. I’ll check out the recs, Samplist and Virsyn look good so far...

• @Svetlovska said:
    Thanks all for your comments. I’ll check out the recs, Samplist and Virsyn look good so far...

Fwiw, slice editing is much more friendly in ReSlice than in Samplist-- and ReSlice's arpeggiator is an awesome tool much more to it than simple arpeggiation.

• I just picked up Samplist and am noticing a whole bunch of popping at the start and end of the slices. Tweaking the Attack doesn’t really fix it.

How are you all getting clean samples from the transients with this app. I have half a mind of returning it since i haven’t encountered issues like this with either ReSlice or BM3.

• Thanks peeps! I took the plunge with Virsyn, and I’m loving what it can do with my field recordings already. Good call :)

• Maybe remixlive?

• Hi all, here’s the first fruits of my purchase of Reslice this morning if anyone’s interested. It looks like it has a lot of potential for experimentation. Thanks for the steer.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi all, here’s the first fruits of my purchase of Reslice this morning if anyone’s interested. It looks like it has a lot of potential for experimentation. Thanks for the steer.

A dark landscape, nice and i love ReSlice

• @Svetlovska said:
    Hi all, here’s the first fruits of my purchase of Reslice this morning if anyone’s interested. It looks like it has a lot of potential for experimentation. Thanks for the steer.

Lovely...if one can say that about such a dark atmosphere. :)

BTW do you know the Borderlands Granular Synthesizer? If not I think you should definitely check it out and have some fun with your imported samples.

And maybe FieldScaper or another one from that dev. I guess it could fit your style of music.

• Thanks for your kind comments, yes, it’ll come as no surprise that I am a fan of granular synths and of Fieldscaper both, much experimentation lies ahead... :)