Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Synth in the Effects slot

edited January 2014 in General App Discussion

Hi, cool app, just got it today. I was experimenting today and got an idea. I already wrote the dev via the facebook page but now I found that there were threads on AB forums about this and decided to start a new thread as I see other users have mentioned the same idea elsewhere.

It would be nice if Jam synth would accept audio for processing from other apps within the same iPad. This could be easily done with Audiobus if Jam Synth would come up in the Effects or even in the Output slots (right now just comes up as an Input).

I found that it is really fun to use some kind of fretless pitch gradient and I tried it with a simple tone generator app (The Oscillator) but I had to connect two iPads, one with the Oscillator and with the audio out via the headphones jack into the audio interface connected to the other iPad running Jam Synth. Although there was a bit of latency the sound and the response was great! One can smoothly change the pitch of the oscillator in the touchscreen by sliding across. With a setup like this there is no extra noise (from accidentally plucking a guitar for example) so the sound is really pure.

I know this was done for the guitar but as another user said people find some creative ways to use an app sometimes and I think it is really worth doing this, especially because probably it is very simple (a simple tweak in the Audiobus code? Maybe could be done from AB side?).

Also, Midi in is still not enabled, right? At least I haven't seen it yet.

Thank you!

Comments

• Really awesome idea!

• Searching google and here I am! Need jam synth in the fx slot to take advantage of the audiobus multi routing, please!

• I added this in the last update. Is it like, not working anymore?

• edited July 2014

Nope, I just reinstall it (and me being stupid I Iost my patches), but it doesn't show on AB2, only on input slot.

EDIT: I am on ipad3 latest ios and ab2 with multi routing iap and I have all jam synth's iaps.