Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which are the app/s which got you first hooked to to IOS music?

Curious to get your thoughts on this, since everyone has their own story

For me it was
Thumbjam ( Electric Guitar) - Could not stop playing this for days
Sound Prism - love the GUI.
Fingertip Midi (my first favorite)
Drumjam ( that tabla patch :) :blush: )
Loopy - which let me to this wonderful forum

and of course my friend who gifted me an IPAD mini which introduced me to this crazy world of IOS

Comments

• For me it was DM1

• Synth x made me realize the full potential of the ipad as an instrument.

• I bought RjDj back in 2008 and that got me hooked. I was amazed at what that app could do on A PHONE!

• NodeBeat, Oscilab, Fugue Machine, and Patterning were the first group of apps I bought.
    All of them are still amongst my faves.

• Auxy, pre-subscription version. (if the subscription model had already been in place, maybe I wouldn‘t have ever gone any deeper into iOS music.

• A combination of Thor and GarageBand sort of got me into it and then BM3 and Gadget hooked me

• GarageBand led me to discovering Gadget and then I stepped down the dark hole of AuV3 and effects

• Nanostudio 1 in summer 2010 :-) Totally changed everything for me, since then all my music is 100% iOS-only :) Made this album with NS1 on iPod Touch/ iPhone 5 https://raysubject.bandcamp.com/album/i-devices

• Tone Pad, NLog Synth, TechnoBox, MegaSynth and Bebot after that it wen't 'downhill' (ie. the app-o-holism started).

• iKaossilator. I bought a brand new ipad2 specially for it

• Korg Gadget.

Before IOS I was using XG Works from Yamaha on Windows XP, so I thought Auria Pro would be the natural choice on IOS, but it was a big disappointment for me.

So I bought Korg Gadget and it clicked with me from day one :-)

• Animoog...

It's all the fault of this little bastard

• @White said:
    Korg Gadget.

Before IOS I was using XG Works from Yamaha on Windows XP, so I thought Auria Pro would be the natural choice on IOS, but it was a big disappointment for me.

So I bought Korg Gadget and it clicked with me from day one :-)

While I still have my SW1000XG PCI-Card with the PLG-150AN daughter board I have no computer to put it in...
    The card itself had for the time fairly large XG sound set and the PLG-150AN was one half of the AN1X.

Yamaha has since long ported the AN engine to iOS (It's part of the Yamaha Synth Book). MMS and Apr&Sequencer apps from Yamaha partially implement the XG engine with limited subset of sounds and most of the effects.

So if Yamaha wanted they could drop a few amazing AUv3's with a full XG library and un-crippled AN, VL & DX engine and sell them as apps for $19.99 each and I bet they would sell like hotcakes. And well, an IAP for the FM Essentials.app since most stores start to run out of MX V2 keyboards meaning the app can no longer be unlocked...(And it's still buggy sharing same preset across multiple instances).

Animoog was/is quite a treat when it was released long time ago :)

• I saw a video of the amps and fx in AmpliTube and decided that would be much easier than lugging a heavy amp and gig bag. I used my iPad live for few gigs before stopping gigging and now use it for all my recording.

• @Samu said:
    So if Yamaha wanted they could drop a few amazing AUv3's with a full XG library and un-crippled AN, VL & DX engine and sell them as apps for $19.99 each and I bet they would sell like hotcakes. And well, an IAP for the FM Essentials.app since most stores start to run out of MX V2 keyboards meaning the app can no longer be unlocked...(And it's still buggy sharing same preset across multiple instances).

I wish they would do that :)

• I started with Nanostudio and the iMS20, but Gadget was the first app I bought that I thought could be a proper thing.

Funnily enough I’ve never made a finished track with it, but still enjoy the odd session with it.

• edited September 2019

@MonzoPro said:
    Gadget was the first app I bought that I thought could be a proper thing.
    Funnily enough I’ve never made a finished track with it, but still enjoy the odd session with it.

I managed to finish one whole track with it !! :-) But it was painful process like hell ("thanks" to sequencer)

• thumbjam :) thumbjam :) thumbjam :)

walk and play with so many sounds 

• Gadget, although I dont use it much now.

• edited September 2019

@dendy said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Gadget was the first app I bought that I thought could be a proper thing.

I managed to finish one whole track with it !! :-) But it was painful process like hell ("thanks" to sequencer)

I'm determined to get some use from it. My plan is to create and export sections of Gadget audio, and then arrange them into a finished song in Live. That's the bit that throws me in Gadget - I can create a really good single section, but after that it gets messy and I abandon it.

• @Samu said:
    Tone Pad, NLog Synth, TechnoBox, MegaSynth and Bebot after that it wen't 'downhill' (ie. the app-o-holism started).

If you are like me , then you never check or calculate the money spent on apps 😂

• For me it was Sunrizer XS.
    I couldn’t believe that an app on my phone sounded much better than my JP-8000.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Samplr, zeeon and AUM

• edited September 2019

Eric Persing raving about the new GarageBand on iOS got me to check it out, After trying it a few times it became clear that touch production was the way I wanted to go.

I’ve bought just about every audio app since but it’s only with SynthMaster One, Chameleon, FAC and FabFilter that I’ve been able to come close to matching what I used to accomplish on desktop. I think FM Player 2 will be another big one once it’s stable as AUv3 in iPad OS

• edited September 2019

Ielectribe then grooverider, then i completely went overboard and bought all the ruismaker apps

• Not sure if this is a thing but I occasionally run through the purchased list to remember those first few months. My first music app was Figure, 1 June 2013. The rest is history...

• GarageBand, then Audiobus (a patch bay on my iPad?😳).....after that it’s been a bit of a blur...