Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GAS (damn it) I have a problem with wanting knobs and controllers

Electra One is a versatile MIDI controller with 12 touch-sensitive knobs with which you can control any MIDI-enabled hardware & software in your studio & live.

It has a nearly square shape where a 7″ touch screen as well as 12 high-resolution aluminum touch-sensitive knobs are installed. On this controller runs a software with which you can control over 216 parameters.

Capacitive touch 7″ LCD with 1024×600 resolution
12 high-resolution (256 values per revolution) aluminum touch-sensitive knobs
2 standard MIDI IN/OUT ports
USB MIDI class-compliant device with two individual MIDI ports (virtual cables)
USB Host interface for MIDI class-compliant devices, up to 2 devices can be connected
Web-based platform for creating, editing, and sharing presets
Support of Control change, Program Change, Start, Stop, NRNP MIDI messages
Support of proprietary SysEx MIDI messages (currently Rhodes Chroma, Yamaha DX7, Roland TB3 are supported)
Sturdy aluminum enclosure
Dimensions 206 x 190 x 38

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/08/electra-one-open-source-midi-controller-for-hardware-software.html

https://electra.one/

Comments

• May I suggest DJTechTools MIDI Fighter Twistor. Knobilcious but no display.

This looks very cool, but steep price.

• edited September 2019

Could you use this with iPad/phone driven synths?

Electra One MIDI Controller
    Hi, if you have a MIDI interface or if you connect wireless MIDI BLE connectors to Electra, you can. The software on your iPad or phone must support MIDI CC or SysEx messages for parameter changes.

@auxmux
    Yep $399. On the other hand 1 set of knobs on one interface for 216 possible parameters which are labeled as well as their values being shown and just touch to move between parameters.

I spent a bit less than half that on a Novation controller

Imagine having a boatload of hardware of multiple pages/screens of synths and parameters condensed into one interface. Setup might take forever ;)

• Yeah, my Novation Zero SL MKII is nice for having a display but more knobs would be nice.

MIDI Twistor's editor a bit painful but workable, not better or worse than others. One it's setup, it's nice but need to commit settings to memory.

Electra One definitely fills a need for midi nerds, which I am one.

• From the site. Seems pretty innovative.

Sound programming
    Do you own classic synths that are hard to program? Electra One gives you a great level of control over the sound parameters of your synthesizers and sound modules. The Electra One controller continuously reads your synthesizers parameter settings to reveal the entire patch structure. This brings you a whole new dimension of creativity.

• In a phantasy I can imagine this as a great partner to a Deluge. Bigger screen and more access not that the Deluge does bad.

• Hmm, I wonder if an iPad editor for Deluge might be better like a Patch Base equivalent.

• @auxmux Sure you could "patch base" something like it. Always options. ;)

I used the Deluge as an example of a great machine with a teeny-tiny display and lots of knob based short-cuts. It could have just as easily been a Yamaha DX7.

• This one still gives me GAS :)

• @Samu said:
    This one still gives me GAS :)

Totally. I true love the concept.

• @OnfraySin said:

@Samu said:

Totally. I true love the concept.

Yepp, and it would(or rather will) make a perfect companion to the MicroFreak and UNOSynth to spice things up a bit :)

• edited September 2019

I share your addiction!

Akai Minimix is probably the best knobs per square inch solution. It is cheap and is simple to use. I'd be using that if it wasn't for the fact that my table space requires something long and narrow and I finally settled for Korg NanoKontrol. The knobs and sliders are not of the highest quality but you can easily afford to have a backup unit as they're so cheap, especially second hand.

Arturia beatstep has loads of knobs as well but they are of the infinite kind and notched and I didn't get on with them at all but a good option if you do like them. Also build quality and price are both great.

I've also considered the Midifighter but the price.... :s

• @Samu said:

Now stop it! This ticks all of my boxes!

I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it......

• @supadom said:

@Samu said:

Now stop it! This ticks all of my boxes!

I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it......

99 Trumpdollars.

It's a bargain....

• Just watched the vid. Want.

• Def want a couple of those NTS boxes, do we have a release date?

• @supadom said:
    I share your addiction!

Akai Minimix is probably the best knobs per square inch solution. It is cheap and is simple to use. I'd be using that if it wasn't for the fact that my table space requires something long and narrow and I finally settled for Korg NanoKontrol. The knobs and sliders are not of the highest quality but you can easily afford to have a backup unit as they're so cheap, especially second hand.

Arturia beatstep has loads of knobs as well but they are of the infinite kind and notched and I didn't get on with them at all but a good option if you do like them. Also build quality and price are both great.

I've also considered the Midifighter but the price.... :s

I opted for the novation Novation Launch Control XL instead of the Akai Minimix. It’s great partnered up with AUM, but I find I want more knobs for synth parameters.

• XL is the way to go. Same for me with AUM = perfect.