Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify GrooveBox Creations Thread

Comments

• These all sound great, @echoopera and @JeffChasteen (if somewhat alarmingly like my own Groovebox creations).

I do wonder, is there a way to share a GB song created on your iPhone to your iPad?
    Another question, for all GB sensei: What's the best method to move these to a DAW? Or maybe record the loops into AUM using the Dean from Electronisounds method? Can anything on iOS handle the ableton exports? I've moved TriqTraq Ableton exports into Cubasis, but it requires a lot of copying and pasting....

• edited September 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    These all sound great, @echoopera and @JeffChasteen (if somewhat alarmingly like my own Groovebox creations).

I do wonder, is there a way to share a GB song created on your iPhone to your iPad?
    Another question, for all GB sensei: What's the best method to move these to a DAW? Or maybe record the loops into AUM using the Dean from Electronisounds method? Can anything on iOS handle the ableton exports? I've moved TriqTraq Ableton exports into Cubasis, but it requires a lot of copying and pasting....

Thanks for the reply. Really enjoyed @JeffChasteen creation...thanks for adding to the thread!

@ExAsperis99 As far as getting your loops into a DAW, just export the Project as an Ableton Live Project and unzip it and grab the loops and use in whatever DAW you want. If you have Ableton Live, it just opens up and you can extend and manipulate it further.

I find that placing the extracted loops in LaunchPad is a fun way to play around with your loops and try different arrangements...it's what I'm doing with the posted tracks.

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    These all sound great, @echoopera and @JeffChasteen (if somewhat alarmingly like my own Groovebox creations).

Thanks for the reply. Really enjoyed @JeffChasteen creation...thanks for adding to the thread!

@ExAsperis99 As far as getting your loops into a DAW, just export the Project as an Ableton Live Project and unzip it and grab the loops and use in whatever DAW you want. If you have Ableton Live, it just opens up and you can extend and manipulate it further.

I find that placing the extracted loops in LaunchPad is a fun way to play around with your loops and try different arrangements...it's what I'm doing with the posted tracks.

You know, I had abandoned Launchpad ages ago when space on the Air2 was at a premium. This is a great idea, but it seems that you should be able to send your Groovebox project into Launchpad with one click. Creating an ALP doesn't even bring up Groovebox as an "copy to" option, which makes me think I must be doing something wrong.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

You know, I had abandoned Launchpad ages ago when space on the Air2 was at a premium. This is a great idea, but it seems that you should be able to send your Groovebox project into Launchpad with one click. Creating an ALP doesn't even bring up Groovebox as an "copy to" option, which makes me think I must be doing something wrong.

FWWI, I send the ALP into Audio Share and then import it in LP or another DAW from Audio Share.

• @echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@echoopera said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

FWWI, I send the ALP into Audio Share and then import it in LP or another DAW from Audio Share.

Sorry for being so dense. What is your process step by step? I have 35 Ableton files in AudioShare. Can I batch import into Launchpad? Very frustrating that I need to leave an Ampify app and launder my audio through another app before sending back to another Ampify app.

Perhaps I should ask one of those nice @AmpifyxNovation reps....

• You can batch import from a single directory into LanuchPad..

• Just not seeing how to do that.

Something is wrong on my end, I think.
    I tried exporting a "Section Mix," which DOES offer the option of "Copy to Launchpad." But when I hit Import, Launchpad crashes.

• edited September 2019

Hrmmm...weird...sounds like LP might be the issue. Are you running the latest on 12.3.x?

FWIW, the Section mix will merge all 8 channels into a single track. You'll need to export the Project Files into AudioShare, and then import them into LaunchPad...it's definitely not seamless...but with a little work...it can be done :)

• Not seeing how to import the ALP files into LaunchPad. Do you do that from within Launchpad or from within AS?

• edited September 2019

Import your samples from within LaunchPad and hit the Head icon, then the + symbol and select BROWSE and navigate the Files directory of AudioShare, and Select all the samples you want to bring in, and hit Select. They'll show up in LP.

I'd first create a Folder in LP to keep it better organized.

Hope that helps.

• Dumb question but do you have the LP Audio import IAP?

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Just not seeing how to do that.

I tried exporting a "Section Mix," which DOES offer the option of "Copy to Launchpad." But when I hit Import, Launchpad crashes.

• For some reason, under the Browse location, AudioShare was hidden?! It was toggled off. I was trying to navigate through AudioCopy or the iCloud drive, etc...

Now I see the files.
    Hell yes.

• edited September 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    For some reason, under the Browse location, AudioShare was hidden?! It was toggled off. I was trying to navigate through AudioCopy or the iCloud drive, etc...

Now I see the files.
    Hell yes.

Cool. Happy happy joy joy music making time :)

Here are some of my unmastered Stems from the GrooveBox sessions:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt6mz2tfn5u0u0p/GrooveBox Samples.zip?dl=0

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Dumb question but do you have the LP Audio import IAP?

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Just not seeing how to do that.

Not a dumb question, but I do.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Not seeing how to import the ALP files into LaunchPad. Do you do that from within Launchpad or from within AS?

use Live export if where you want to send it to supports Live Import...

If not then for bulk export, use the ‘project files’ option.
    You can then select different destinations that support zip files...Cubasis for example....
    OR
    to get the files into any other app not in the save to list...
    you need to save to AudioShare....
    then in AudioShare make a folder....move the zip file GB created into it.....go to that folder and tap the zip file to extract the files into that folder....
    You can now use files app from within your daw/app of choice and import them from there.

To go direct to Launchpad you will need the audio import IAP.....blocs wave can send direct to Launchpad, and will keep the layout you build in there, so I build in there first.

• edited September 2019

@echoopera

@ExAsperis99 said:

Are you guys using the stock patterns or recording in your own?

I did the math on number of patterns available and any one pattern is potentially used by 6,000 other users. :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

@ExAsperis99 said:

I did the math on number of patterns available and any one pattern is potentially used by 6,000 other users. :)

Recording my own sir...however, I do use some of the Stock drum patterns and tweak them to my liking.

• Patterns in Groovebox? Never, really. You might use a drum thing as architecture to get started, but they're pretty basic, and you'd probably want to tweak anyway.
    The sounds, though, are pretty sweet straight out of the box, but the naming conventions are stupid: Pink Muff, Transistor Apex, shit like that.

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    @echoopera

@ExAsperis99 said:

Recording my own sir...however, I do use some of the Stock drum patterns and tweak them to my liking.

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Patterns in Groovebox? Never, really. You might use a drum thing as architecture to get started, but they're pretty basic, and you'd probably want to tweak anyway.
    The sounds, though, are pretty sweet straight out of the box, but the naming conventions are stupid: Pink Muff, Transistor Apex, shit like that.

Yeah, I love the Synth sounds in GBx, and never use the patterns myself, beside the odd drum pattern.

I just wish the piano roll was better. It’s a truly awful disaster. They’ve been promising me for past 18 months they were working on it, so my fingers are still crossed. :)

Great to see we finally have user presets though.

• I do wish the piano roll moved with the playhead.

• That’s why it desperately needs multi midi input so we can sequence it from Xequence 2.

• edited September 2019

@Tones4Christ said:
    That’s why it desperately needs multi midi input so we can sequence it from Xequence 2.

Ampify have been asking us for feedback the past 2-3 years. Better MIDI functionality has always been top of my requests.

Xequence into GBx is exactly why multi midi input is so coveted. :)

• They’re completely missing out on market share! It could literally be on par with mighty Korg. Imagine they start putting out more and more modules?

• I actually lost my entire library of Groovebox tracks when beta testing last build. *Sniff, *Tears, etc.

Anyway, only thing to survive that I can add here is a double loop of a few bars I was working on.

• @SpookyZoo wow. That sounds great. Thanks for posting. I want to drive now. 👊🏼™️💕

• edited September 2019

Here’s a lunch time dabble. I recorded loops directly into AUM from GrooveBox and fx’d them up nice and good and then live recorded the Stems in AUM using the trusty Bark fx from Virsyn to boost everything:

• Yeah me too when I got an iPhone 6s I lost everything although I had backed up to iTunes.

@SpookyZoo said:
    I actually lost my entire library of Groovebox tracks when beta testing last build. *Sniff, *Tears, etc.

Anyway, only thing to survive that I can add here is a double loop of a few bars I was working on.

@SpookyZoo said:
    I actually lost my entire library of Groovebox tracks when beta testing last build. *Sniff, *Tears, etc.

• I will sometimes start out with a preset, but mangle it, repitch it, etc...

• @echoopera said:
    @SpookyZoo wow. That sounds great. Thanks for posting. I want to drive now. 👊🏼™️💕

Thanks fella. :)

@echoopera said:
    Here’s a lunch time dabble.

Love those textures!

• @SpookyZoo
    What a great vibe, and I'm so happy to hear such bright sounds coming out of Groovebox.
    @echoopera I love that piece. Are you loading the loops from Ableton export into the AUM file player? That's quite clever.