Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @bcrichards you're right. I was thinking about this, but I need to make it easy to use, in my todo list anyway. Retrigger will be inherited, and I can do the same for pitch if this is what you are talking about.
    @sigma79 yes, need to make a MIDI learn advanced panel ... nothing complicated, just takes time

BTW finally I got MIDI out to be timestamp perfect... it will be included in the next update ;)

• @sigma79 what countdown? did you enable Ableton link?

• @MonzoPro said:

@audio_DT said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Slightly envious now...

can’t work out whether to enjoy a deep green Monz.. or gift you the app so that you can suffer the interminable wait for bouncing be-goggled Apple minions to allow us these fine update features!??

Can I pick the second option?

seems like those little yeller fellers have spoilt the thrill of option 2 !! :(
    but.... update.... rrrrarrrrr :)

Knickers.

Can you sample in and build drumkits in AU mode (I'd guess you'd shove him in the fx slot in AUM or whatever look), or do you have to do it standing up alone? I've just sussed out how to do it with the DigiStix feller, but weirdly you can't sample into an empty slot, it has to have something in it already.

I'm jealous of the sampler section in this one, might have to wait for a sale or summat, since I've just bought the other one.

If rocky will give you half the cash for it, I'll do the other half. I'm feeling generous after a good day. Use PayPal or something?

That's very kind of you, but it's fine - I'll raid the cookie jar :)

No probs. Happy raiding! The update is incredible - audio slicing 😁

• Dos> @ElliottGarage said:

@sigma79 what countdown? did you enable Ableton link?

Dont worry. It can just be looped and use volume control.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @craftycurate what the case use for the second point? loops? anyway it's pretty easy to implement, I can do it

Yes this would be a drum loop. I’m using some techno loops which have a lot of sub bass, so the transient detection is not producing useful slices. Also, it doesn’t seem possible to select the number of markers at the moment.

I guess I could zoom in and move each of the markers, but it would be good to be able to slice a loop into a number of equal pieces without having to drag 16 individual markers.

Sugar Bytes Egoist has both modes, as an example of what I’m talking about... a transient detection mode and an equal slices mode and they both have their uses.

• @ElliottGarage said:

Just to note, I think the huge bpm circle should be abandoned. Not only is it really difficult to set, but it’s also taking so much screen space and it’s rarely used - I tend set it once, then leave it. This means that all that space could be taken up by something that you use more often, no? Thanks for this truly wonderful piece of kit, though. The update takes this app to the very top.

• @echoopera said:
    Loving this workflow so much now. Thanks for a great piece of kit @ElliottGarage

Nice.

• @craftycurate said:

@ElliottGarage said:
    @craftycurate what the case use for the second point? loops? anyway it's pretty easy to implement, I can do it

Yes this would be a drum loop. I’m using some techno loops which have a lot of sub bass, so the transient detection is not producing useful slices. Also, it doesn’t seem possible to select the number of markers at the moment.

I guess I could zoom in and move each of the markers, but it would be good to be able to slice a loop into a number of equal pieces without having to drag 16 individual markers.

Sugar Bytes Egoist has both modes, as an example of what I’m talking about... a transient detection mode and an equal slices mode and they both have their uses.

Yup, I like the Egoist approach also..

• Thanks for the great update.. one issue with the longpress to enter the editor.. it gets in the way if you want to ‘play’ a sample.. if you keep your finger on the pad (chop) for a moment, it switches to the editor.. should have a way to disable this.. Is it me..?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @audio_DT said:

@ElliottGarage said:

Just to note, I think the huge bpm circle should be abandoned. Not only is it really difficult to set, but it’s also taking so much screen space and it’s rarely used - I tend set it once, then leave it. This means that all that space could be taken up by something that you use more often, no? Thanks for this truly wonderful piece of kit, though. The update takes this app to the very top.

+1

• @Jonah66 said:

@audio_DT said:

@ElliottGarage said:

+1

good suggestion 👍

• edited September 2019

Most has already been mention before but
    +1 on Auto assign of slices should go from bottom pads to top left to right
    Needs an audition slices
    Needs Manual assign slices
    Also when trying to adjust the “time” feature I had a really hard time trying to set it at a solid bpm like 86 and always getting 86.1

• edited September 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Most has already been mention before but
    +1 on Auto assign of slices should go from bottom pads to top left to right
    Needs an audition slices
    Needs Manual assign slices

Big yes to this. M4A support would be welcome, but I’ll survive without it. Plus the ability to move pads by drag n dropping, but that’s already on your todo list I see. This app is great, very quick to get good results.

• We demand so much @ElliottGarage because it’s so close to perfection!

• Just bought the app. I agree regarding the BPM wheel. I really hope this app will receive another coat of polish.

Pad numbering should really start at the bottom. Then there will be a 1:1 relationship between the pad I'm hitting in real life, and the pad lighting up on the screen. The default kits seem like a bit of an afterthought, and it makes the whole experience feel unpolished. Maybe most people won't mind because they're using their own samples, but I wanted to open the app and spend the first five minutes just jamming and making a simple beat.

And are mute groups coming next? The other apps have mute groups. I always use mute groups.

Also, I really don't like "hold down on a pad to bring up a menu". It makes it too easy to accidentally bring up the menu during a live performance. You could just use another "Edit" button with a different name. BM3 has Trigger, Loop, and "Hold" mode for each pad. There's no way to implement "Hold" with the current system.

It really is otherwise a great app. Lots of interesting features. But I may want to wait until the next update to actually use it.

• @Skyblazer said:
    Just bought the app. I agree regarding the BPM wheel. I really hope this app will receive another coat of polish.

Pad numbering should really start at the bottom. Then there will be a 1:1 relationship between the pad I'm hitting in real life, and the pad lighting up on the screen. The default kits seem like a bit of an afterthought, and it makes the whole experience feel unpolished. Maybe most people won't mind because they're using their own samples, but I wanted to open the app and spend the first five minutes just jamming and making a simple beat.

And are mute groups coming next? The other apps have mute groups. I always use mute groups.

Also, I really don't like "hold down on a pad to bring up a menu". It makes it too easy to accidentally bring up the menu during a live performance. You could just use another "Edit" button with a different name. BM3 has Trigger, Loop, and "Hold" mode for each pad. There's no way to implement "Hold" with the current system.

It really is otherwise a great app. Lots of interesting features. But I may want to wait until the next update to actually use it.

Harsh in places and mostly certainly churlish also. Although I would struggle to write a single line that summed up a certain kind of wan criticism better than

Perfect in its own special way :) and reminds me of Braidotti's "Making friends with the impersonal necessity of death is an ethical way of installing oneself in life as a transient, slightly wounded visitor..."

• It feels a little bit pathetic to criticize the BPM wheel sensitivity but there is nothing else that could possible bugging me haha!

• @Skyblazer definetely pads order needs to be revisited :)
    Mute groups are in the mixer section...it's the 'choke' button. Actually 1 mute group

• @fattigman said:

@Jonah66 said:

@audio_DT said:

@ElliottGarage said:

+1

good suggestion 👍

Thanks. I’m

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    We demand so much @ElliottGarage because it’s so close to perfection!

Very true. He’s a legend on this one, and I for one appreciate his hard work very much. If he added some new stuff and it was IAP, it would be churlish to complain. He deserves it.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Skyblazer said:
    Just bought the app. I agree regarding the BPM wheel. I really hope this app will receive another coat of polish.

Harsh in places and mostly certainly churlish also. Although I would struggle to write a single line that summed up a certain kind of wan criticism better than

Perfect in its own special way :) and reminds me of Braidotti's "Making friends with the impersonal necessity of death is an ethical way of installing oneself in life as a transient, slightly wounded visitor..."

Yeah, I know...I spent like five minutes trying to figure out, "How do I make this comment sound more upbeat and cheerful?" Even if it's not how I feel, I want to fit in and be a good person. And plus, EG has put a lot of work into the app, and it has a lot of good aspects. But worrying about it made the social anxiety even worse, and made my comment even more awkward and dry. That was my first comment on the Audiobus forum too. I've been lurking for like two weeks. I guess I manifested the awkwardness by fixating on the anxiety.

P.S. Thanks for teaching me a new word.

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Skyblazer definetely pads order needs to be revisited :)
    Mute groups are in the mixer section...it's the 'choke' button. Actually 1 mute group

Thanks for the info! :smile:

Also, I just tried Pulse with my MIDI controller. :) No problem with the "Hold down on a pad" functionality there. I guess I probably wouldn't often be using the on-screen interface itself to trigger samples anyway.

• edited September 2019

@Skyblazer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Skyblazer said:

Yeah, I know...I spent like five minutes trying to figure out, "How do I make this comment sound more upbeat and cheerful?" Even if it's not how I feel, I want to fit in and be a good person. And plus, EG has put a lot of work into the app, and it has a lot of good aspects. But worrying about it made the social anxiety even worse, and made my comment even more awkward and dry. That was my first comment on the Audiobus forum too. I've been lurking for like two weeks. I guess I manifested the awkwardness by fixating on the anxiety.

All good. And welcome to the caves. If you still have any money left down the back of the sofa I would run like hell....sorry if I was a little irked, we do tend to be protective of the devs here who join in and put up with our long list of "and then....and then....". It is somewhat unwritten that because we ask so much we do try to do so sweetly :)

• Finally got to play with this
    Love it
    Agree with the suggestions above
    BPM button too big
    I just set and go
    The highlighted bar at the top should open the area's , keep pressing it
    Also took me a while to find the different kits, hitting the save button to do this was weird
    But love it loads, nice work, nearly there, or it could just be me
    Thanks

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Skyblazer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Skyblazer said:

All good. And welcome to the caves. If you still have any money left down the back of the sofa I would run like hell....sorry if I was a little irked, we do tend to be protective of the devs here who join in and put up with our long list of "and then....and then....". It is somewhat unwritten that because we ask so much we do try to do so sweetly :)

I was kind of trying to type just the mute group request (which is thankfully in already) in a similar way to how @Nicebutfun typed the whole previous comment, but that just made it come off very differently than I had intended. I think there's something abstract about language that makes it difficult to communicate excitement and suggestions for improvement simultaneously. I mean, when I start releasing Mozaic scripts soon, and later regular apps, I do hope other people have the good phrasing abilities to give me a concise list of every feature they could possibly want early on. That would be efficient. I like lists. Throw in a :) or ;) here and there. And if I make a strange design choice, then once again, I hope people can figure out nice ways to criticize it, so I can have a better app. I could have praised Pulse more, sorry Elliott Garage.

This will probably be my main drum app when using AUM and Cubasis. It does pretty much everything it needs to do, and that's a lot of stuff. It's also probably the biggest project you've released, and you're updating it very quickly, and responding to everyone. So thank you for that. The roll button is a nice touch.

• I just grabbed Cubasis yesterday and I'm fixing some little bugs on it, and for the next release you'll get MIDI out. Already works pretty well on AUM (that was my main test host with Garage band).

• Gosh
    Hope I didn't sound rude
    It's a fantastic app, and money well spent, this will be my go to drum app, just getting to grips with it
    Great work, sorry if i sounded ungrateful or a moaner

• @ElliottGarage Thank you! Thank you! & Thank you!

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@sigma79 said:
    Hopefully I can midi start the play button of each AUV3.

Thanks.

Individually (at different times), or all at once? Cuz you can use host sync if you want to start them all at once with the host.