Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PolyVinyl (Gadget): Is this Synthwave? Suggestion for mastering?

edited August 2019 in Creations

Soundcloud / Gadgetcloud seems to be a bit deserted at the moment, so in desperate need of some feedback (šŸ˜‡), I dare to post this here.

It's completely made in Gadget (and Grand Finale), solely with London and several instances of Montpellier/iMonoPoly, my favourite synth on iOS, and nothing else. I tried to make something roughly in the Synthwave category, but I'm no genre expert, so not sure if I hit the mark...

What do you think of the overall sound? I'm not completely happy, I find it a bit murky in the midrange, but I don't know where and how to start. Any suggestions? How do you fellow Gadgeteers master your tracks (if you do)?

Anyway, here it is (solo noodling starts at 4:08) šŸ˜œ:

Comments

• It sounded great to me. Maaaybe the bassline, which was great, got a little lost in the mix after the beginning, or it may be just right, Iā€™m not sure. 10/10 would listen again

• edited August 2019

@JudasZimmerman said:
    It sounded great to me. Maaaybe the bassline, which was great, got a little lost in the mix after the beginning, or it may be just right, Iā€™m not sure. 10/10 would listen again

Well thanks a lot for your feedback and checking out my other stuff too!

Yeah, the bassline... maybe I put just too much instruments in there with too much bass and low mid content. Of course I tried some EQing in Gadget, but the built-in EQ is a bit rudimentary. Maybe someone has a tip where and how to master/eq a Gadget track? (hopefully Auria is not the only good idea, I have it, but it scares the hell out of me...šŸ˜¬šŸ˜‰