Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fab Filter: IF ONE: ProC or ProMB?

Just wondering from those who own and why you would get that one if you had to choose.

Also, I just upgraded Q2 to Q3 for $3. I don't know if that is a deal or supposed to be that cheap.

Peace

Comments

• edited August 2019

I personally use Pro C more than Pro MB, but I use them for completely different things, so it really depends on your own needs.

I use Pro C mostly on vocals, and I use Pro MB mostly on drum loops to control the balance between kick, snare and cymbals.

• I use Pro MB more for mastering but have not used Pro C effectively yet. Pro L is super awesome for mixing. Particularly for jammy on the fly stuff where you want to keep things from clipping.

• Pro MB for mastering. Many excellent presents.

• As a bit of an aside, I was looking for a noise gate and went through reviews and videos for KlevGrands Brusfri, 4Pockets gate and then Fabfilter Pro G. I ended up getting the Pro G because it actually has a load of uses and can effect the signal for a load of different effects.

Am so impressed by Pro G that I'm having trouble not pressing the BUY button for the whole suite.

• @Jocphone said:
    As a bit of an aside, I was looking for a noise gate and went through reviews and videos for KlevGrands Brusfri, 4Pockets gate and then Fabfilter Pro G. I ended up getting the Pro G because it actually has a load of uses and can effect the signal for a load of different effects.

Am so impressed by Pro G that I'm having trouble not pressing the BUY button for the whole suite.

And once sidechaining becomes a thing with AUv3 it will be even better.

• edited August 2019

@Jocphone said:
    As a bit of an aside, I was looking for a noise gate and went through reviews and videos for KlevGrands Brusfri, 4Pockets gate and then Fabfilter Pro G. I ended up getting the Pro G because it actually has a load of uses and can effect the signal for a load of different effects.

Now is the time! Pressssss.....

• @richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

And once sidechaining becomes a thing with AUv3 it will be even better.

True, and the MIDI triggering was a nice surprise.

• @AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

Now is the time! Pressssss.....

Always good to know someone has your back.. ;)

• Pro C for individual sounds, Pro MB for mixed sounds (to adjust balance) but Dynamic EQ can achieve a similar thing for you already with Pro Q3....first and last in my chain though is generally Pro L, it means I can push the sound when jamming knowing I'm not going to go beyond the level I want.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Pro C for individual sounds, Pro MB for mixed sounds (to adjust balance) but Dynamic EQ can achieve a similar thing for you already with Pro Q3....first and last in my chain though is generally Pro L, it means I can push the sound when jamming knowing I'm not going to go beyond the level I want.

Yah I think that is it. With Pro Q3 I have little want of plain old C.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Pro C for individual sounds, Pro MB for mixed sounds (to adjust balance) but Dynamic EQ can achieve a similar thing for you already with Pro Q3....first and last in my chain though is generally Pro L, it means I can push the sound when jamming knowing I'm not going to go beyond the level I want.

I just grabbed Pro Q3 and then saw this post and it made me pull the trigger on Pro L too. Totally worth it.

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Don't you mean you have little want of Pro MB? Isn't Pro Q3's dynamic EQ basically the same thing as multiband compression?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Don't you mean you have little want of Pro MB? Isn't Doesn't Pro Q3's dynamic EQ basically let you achieve the same thing as multiband compression?

(edited)

• @richardyot said:
    I personally use Pro C more than Pro MB, but I use them for completely different things, so it really depends on your own needs.

I use Pro C mostly on vocals, and I use Pro MB mostly on drum loops to control the balance between kick, snare and cymbals.

Thanks

• @AndyPlankton said:

Thmbs up

• @Jocphone said:

GR8

LOL

I need this issue .....

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jocphone said:

GR8

LOL

I need this issue .....

Me neither. But it haunts me now..

• edited August 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Don't you mean you have little want of Pro MB? Isn't Doesn't Pro Q3's dynamic EQ basically let you achieve the same thing as multiband compression?

(edited)

I think I see what you are saying. Yah, for me Pro MB and Pro Q3 are both doing very much the same thing in a way (I guess I would call it frequency levels adjustment) but the difference between the two that keeps them both valid for me is simply in the shape of the sculpting tools. ProQ3 feels right to use on sounds that more or less occupy their own secured range of the frequency spectrum while Pro MB is crowd control for when all frequencies are more or less present and mostly nudged to show general focus. The shape of the range walls in Pro MB is the key for me in mastering (not like I have monitors and decent room lol/sob). Anyway, it is like clay sculpture and using a trowel or a knife. Both useful.

• edited August 2019

If you use just one band (expanded to whole spectrum) from Pro MB, ypu basically have Pro C :)) Or am i wrong ;) ?

• @Jocphone said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jocphone said:

GR8

LOL

I need this issue .....

Me neither. But it haunts me now..

I have Pro G as I got the bundle (a bit at a time) and have yet to use it. I'm gonna have to now though.

• @dendy said:
    If you use just one band (expanded to whole spectrum) from Pro MB, ypu basically have Pro C :)) Or am i wrong ;) ?

Pro-C has multiple algorithms, and of course the UI is also very different :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

true that...Super impressed with Dynamic EQ, EQ and comp in one
    i would suggest use PRO Q 3

• Now that there’s Pro Q3, Pro C all the way...

• Anyone got q3 working with ipadOS yet? Not been able to use it since I bought it. I’ve got q2, though, luckily.

• @audio_DT said:
    Anyone got q3 working with ipadOS yet? Not been able to use it since I bought it. I’ve got q2, though, luckily.

I have q3 working in AUM with the latest beta.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@audio_DT said:
    Anyone got q3 working with ipadOS yet? Not been able to use it since I bought it. I’ve got q2, though, luckily.

Waney, you’re right! I just tried it and it worked. Now to try it in other hosts. Thanks!

• @audio_DT said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@audio_DT said:

Waney, you’re right! I just tried it and it worked. Just tried it in NS2 and it works there, as well. Now for some fiddling with it. Thanks!

• Has anyone tried The 'Dynamic' preset in Toneboosters EQ ??

It's basically a 5-band multiband comp, and I was very pleasantly surprised how versatile it was when sculpting a drum loop

• @tk32 said:
    Has anyone tried The 'Dynamic' preset in Toneboosters EQ ??

It's basically a 5-band multiband comp, and I was very pleasantly surprised how versatile it was when sculpting a drum loop

No

Cost?