Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Microfreak And Ipad

edited August 18 in Off-topic

Hey Guys,
Just thought I’d share. Some May be interested if you have a Microfreak.
This works beautifully, midi, Audio the lot. It’s portable and self contained .
By the way , get yourself a micro freak , they are amazing!

All the best



«134

Comments

  • Genius. Isn’t Velcro amazing?

  • edited August 18

    @Ben said:
    Genius. Isn’t Velcro amazing?

    Ha Ben,
    Yea Velcro rules!!
    thanks man , with the eventide plugins and AUM it’s pretty powerful really. Most of my new Album was tracked with this setup.
    What a time.
    All the best :)

  • Nice setup, I’m guessing you have some carpentry skills?

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice setup, I’m guessing you have some carpentry skills?

    Should’ve used them.

    o:)

  • Make sure you check out Marc Doty’s video series on the MicroFreak:

  • @u0421793 said:

    @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice setup, I’m guessing you have some carpentry skills?

    Should’ve used them.

    o:)

    @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice setup, I’m guessing you have some carpentry skills?

    Ha ha,
    I like making stands for my stuff, some work out and some don’t :)

  • @johnfromberkeley said:
    Make sure you check out Marc Doty’s video series on the MicroFreak:

    Yea Johnfromberkeley , he really knows his stuff ,
    Thanks man ::

  • Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

  • edited August 18

    @auxmux said:
    Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

    Hey Auxmux

    It’s an old UC -16 I had Lying around , I just had it painted and it works great , it’s class compliant :)

  • @auxmux said:
    Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

    Yeah, cool little midi control there!

  • edited August 18

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @auxmux said:
    Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

    Yeah, cool little midi control there!

    Hey TrevorLlewllyn

    Yea some of the “ old stuff “ is really cool. Just needed a facelift for a new lease of life :)

    Actually there is a UC -33 which has sliders and stuff , def worth checking out.

  • edited August 18

    @AndyPawlak said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @auxmux said:
    Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

    Yeah, cool little midi control there!

    Hey TrevorLlewllyn

    Yea some of the “ old stuff “ is really cool. Just needed a facelift for a new lease of life :)

    Actually there is a UC -33 which has sliders and stuff , def worth checking out.

    Nice tip, i have a MF and really like it. Like you said it does a good job as a midi controller. I’m sort of dreaming they might add sync to the cycling ENV. Not sure if that is even possible but that would be killer.

  • @AndyPawlak said:

    @auxmux said:
    Wow, what's the thing to left of iPad? Custom midi controller?

    Hey Auxmux

    It’s an old UC -16 I had from my studio , I just had it painted and it works great , it’s class compliant :)

    Nice!

  • I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

  • edited August 18

    @u0421793 said:
    I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

    I'd say that from the synthesis perspective, GR-16 comes quite close (when using Wavetables from physical modeling synths) but much of the MicroFreak's fun certainly lies in the hardware surface including the expressive keyboard.

  • @u0421793 said:
    I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

    I agree the iPad is pretty much all you need these days, it’s all there at your finger tips.
    I also enjoy having hardware to fiddle with, and for the money the little MFreak is amazing.
    👍

  • I’m about to get a MicroFreak as well. I missed out on one tonight- sold on eBay for only £30 lower than the price of a retail one. I would rather have a brand new one at that price which is what I’m about to do. But yes- all those synth types, the sequencer with its automations the random spice and dice buttons, the size of it, the connectivity, the price.... if it’s in your budget then it’s got to be high on the list.

  • edited August 18

    @u0421793 said:
    I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

    Never mind need.... what is it you want? 😈 ..... sh!.... listen very very carefully....... can you hear the little freak whispering to you.... can you hear it?

  • @robosardine said:

    @u0421793 said:
    I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

    Never mind need.... what is it you want? 😈 ..... sh!.... listen very very carefully....... can you hear the little freak whispering to you.... can you hear it?

    I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want.
    I want a functional replacement on my iPad or iPhone for a Yamaha FS1R. That would be the most motivating purchase, for me. As it stands, there’s an amount of interesting overlap between the FS1R and the MicroFreak oscillator models, although there’s a far greater amount of each that doesn’t overlap.

    My interest in the Circuit was purely as a synthesiser using some of the wavetable modes, and indeed it is interesting, yet in all the time I used it in the beginning, I got the impression it was only capable of one actual sound, and everything was a slight variant of that quacking. It doesn't match the wavetable synthesis adventures I’ve embarked upon in Korg’s Electribe Wave, for example. I can see the MicroFreak offers a lot of fun in that direction, and it is tempting. However, I’m really hungering for something advanced enough in FM to parallel, say, a Yamaha SY77 structure of operator in complexity of harmonics. The reality might turn out to be use wavetables which parallel such harmonically complex sources instead of the actual sources. Perhaps we need to be implementing at least four dimensional wavetables around about now. That way they won’t need to be overly complexly constructed in themselves.

  • edited August 18

    On a side note , I really like the Microfreak keyboard, it makes it a very unique instrument imho.
    But I plugged my Keystep into it and it was a different beast altogether .It really works, it feels somehow more grown up and the presets behaved a little differently.
    It’s very versatile in that sense.

  • @u0421793 said:

    @robosardine said:

    @u0421793 said:
    I definitely should get a MicroFreak. I think it’d be better for me than the Circuit, which still languishes under dust, in fact I forget I own it most of the time. Then again, almost everything I need is on the iPad, so maybe I should just stick with that.

    Never mind need.... what is it you want? 😈 ..... sh!.... listen very very carefully....... can you hear the little freak whispering to you.... can you hear it?

    I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want.
    I want a functional replacement on my iPad or iPhone for a Yamaha FS1R. That would be the most motivating purchase, for me. As it stands, there’s an amount of interesting overlap between the FS1R and the MicroFreak oscillator models, although there’s a far greater amount of each that doesn’t overlap.

    My interest in the Circuit was purely as a synthesiser using some of the wavetable modes, and indeed it is interesting, yet in all the time I used it in the beginning, I got the impression it was only capable of one actual sound, and everything was a slight variant of that quacking. It doesn't match the wavetable synthesis adventures I’ve embarked upon in Korg’s Electribe Wave, for example. I can see the MicroFreak offers a lot of fun in that direction, and it is tempting. However, I’m really hungering for something advanced enough in FM to parallel, say, a Yamaha SY77 structure of operator in complexity of harmonics. The reality might turn out to be use wavetables which parallel such harmonically complex sources instead of the actual sources. Perhaps we need to be implementing at least four dimensional wavetables around about now. That way they won’t need to be overly complexly constructed in themselves.

    😂 Quacking- yes I have heard a lot of infernal quacking as well. I didn’t however find the Circuit quacky- I found it too plinky and softy. I do find that Chicago in Gadget can be more quacky than Donald Duck being falsely accused. I had also been thinking about getting a Volca Nubass but the more videos I see reveal a high quack factor. I hate the quacks.... I am not paying good money for quacking. Quack Quacky Quack Quack........ No!

  • Microfreak doesn't sound good to me at all. It doesn't sound bad--it just doesn't grab me. I'm gravitating towards more analog and modular sounds these days. If I'm going to use a digital synth, why go hardware when there is so much stuff that sounds as good or better on the ipad?

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Microfreak doesn't sound good to me at all. It doesn't sound bad--it just doesn't grab me. I'm gravitating towards more analog and modular sounds these days. If I'm going to use a digital synth, why go hardware when there is so much stuff that sounds as good or better on the ipad?

    It has an analogue SEM filter and a PCB keyboard with cv out.

  • SEM filters are nice, true. The keyboard is also interesting. Does it work well? I'm assuming the cv out is pitch and gate? Does it have any kind of pressure out?

  • edited August 18

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Microfreak doesn't sound good to me at all. It doesn't sound bad--it just doesn't grab me. I'm gravitating towards more analog and modular sounds these days. If I'm going to use a digital synth, why go hardware when there is so much stuff that sounds as good or better on the ipad?

    It has an analogue SEM filter and a PCB keyboard with cv out.

    Yea of course if you run it alongside a sub37 it’s gonna sound a little thin, but that’s not what its trying to be . If you need that fatness you need an analog.

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    SEM filters are nice, true. The keyboard is also interesting. Does it work well? I'm assuming the cv out is pitch and gate? Does it have any kind of pressure out?

    The keyboard is great , very expressive. Very Buchla :) I have never used the cv out mate so I really don’t know.

  • edited August 19

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    SEM filters are nice, true. The keyboard is also interesting. Does it work well? I'm assuming the cv out is pitch and gate? Does it have any kind of pressure out?

    Indeed it does have pressure out which is incredibly sensitive, works great on my eurocrack setup. The firmware initially was a bit jacked but they sorted most of the issues a few months ago, could do with other update, It quite a specific sounding synth and something you would get only if you already have some workhorse gear already.. thats my take on it. What would be exciting is if Arturia allowed open source oscillators.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    SEM filters are nice, true. The keyboard is also interesting. Does it work well? I'm assuming the cv out is pitch and gate? Does it have any kind of pressure out?

    Indeed it does have pressure out which is incredibly sensitive, works great on my eurocrack setup. The firmware initially was a bit jacked but they sorted most of the issues a few months ago, could do with other update, It quite a specific sounding synth and something you would get only if you already have some workhorse gear already.. thats my take on it. What would be exciting is if Arturia allowed open source oscillators.

    I thought they were using OS oscillators from MI already?

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:

    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    SEM filters are nice, true. The keyboard is also interesting. Does it work well? I'm assuming the cv out is pitch and gate? Does it have any kind of pressure out?

    Indeed it does have pressure out which is incredibly sensitive, works great on my eurocrack setup. The firmware initially was a bit jacked but they sorted most of the issues a few months ago, could do with other update, It quite a specific sounding synth and something you would get only if you already have some workhorse gear already.. thats my take on it. What would be exciting is if Arturia allowed open source oscillators.

    I thought they were using OS oscillators from MI already?

    Ah, yep you are correct, I was also hoping they will allow anyone to upload their own osc via some type of editor. A bit like what Korg did with the minilogue.

Sign In or Register to comment.