Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Wouldn’t open for me, Dimitri.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Wouldn’t open for me, Dimitri.

Strange... just tried it here and it opened normally. Thanks for letting me know!

• edited July 2019

First of all, let me just say how impressed I am at the obvious talent that went into creating that track. Kudos for putting yourself out there like that. That all being said, I’m assuming that you posted this here for some critical analysis. So I’ll offer that, and hope that I don’t offend you in the process. The vocal track is too monotonous. Maybe remove the effects or minimize them on the main vocals and use the wet stuff for the accompaniments. As it is, it feels like a poor imitation of a Justin Vernon vocal style. You might be surprised at how good your voice sounds with less effects on them when singing the important stuff. Being tone perfect is less important in those parts than you might think. Also, the guitar, while quite impressive technically, is way to up front in the track for the majority of the tune. I would start with a simple fader pull, but maybe look at some side chain compression to tame it down a little via something like Pro C. Again, I tip my hat to you for laying it all out there like this. You’re a brave soul, and that will take you far. My comments are purely related to the mix, and not the content as much.

• edited July 2019

Thank you so much, @boone51! I do appreciate it!

P.S.: I probably won’t mess with the current mix because it just crossed the 1000 plays threshold on Spotify, but I’m finishing another neo-soul song and your mix tips will be taken in consideration. Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback!

• Bravissimo! Great vocal layering and great tune!

• Thanks! Much appreciated!

• It seems to only be available with Spotify premium--at least on my phone.

• @espiegel123 said:

It seems to only be available with Spotify premium--at least on my phone.

I think the process of open links from Safari to Spotify on the iPhone is a bit convoluted (by design). Try copying the link and pasting it in the search field of the Spotify app...