Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

oh! you now can have two instances of Korg Module (and layer for free)

edited July 2019 in General App Discussion

I didn‘t see this mentioned elsewhere and just found out accidentally — if you have what is now called Korg Module Pro, you can install what is now called Korg Module, an this will automatically have all your sounds from Module Pro, and it is also IAA. So essentially, you can use two instances of Module now at the same time. This means you can layer for free if you host both of them in AUM

Comments

• @nick said:
    I didn‘t see this mentioned elsewhere and just found out accidentally — if you have what is now called Korg Module Pro, you can install what is now called Korg Module, an this will automatically have all your sounds from Module Pro, and it is also IAA. So essentially, you can use two instances of Module now at the same time. This means you can layer for free if you host both of them in AUM

shhhh! ;-)

• @nick said:

ah! I see, korg ‘module’ is Module Le the free version.. so i think you could do this all along.. the restriction is the sounds in the LE version..
    does it recognise if you have bought the ‘packs’ in the pro version??
    but still... some layering can be achieved..

• Um in Gadget you can have all the layers and instances you want of Module

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Um in Gadget you can have all the layers and instances you want of Module

While that's true it would be even more awesome to route midi from one track to multiple tracks :)
    Sure it's possible to copy & paste the notes from one track to an other but that becomes a chore when changes need to be made.

And really, we need better tools to edit the recorded automation making it at least possible to copy it from one bar to another. And maybe even an option to seamlessly scroll from one scene to another making edits across scene boundaries smoother.

I really want a linear mode for the sequencer in Gadget and the option to use the 'scenes' for clip launching that can be recorded onto the timeline...

• @RockySmalls said:

@nick said:

ah! I see, korg ‘module’ is Module Le the free version.. so i think you could do this all along.. the restriction is the sounds in the LE version..

I think this is really new now. Module LE I think didn‘t have IAA and it certainly did not have the PRO sounds. If you have Module PRO, Module now seems to be an exact duplicate in sounds and functionality, except that the icon is blue.

• @nick said:

@RockySmalls said:

@nick said:

I think this is really new now. Module LE I think didn‘t have IAA and it certainly did not have the PRO sounds. If you have Module PRO, Module now seems to be an exact duplicate in sounds and functionality, except that the icon is blue.

aha! good catch then... that’s quite nice of Korg to do that.. so I guess with the IAP layer in pro you can effectively layer 3 voices? or does it also recognise the Layer IAP to give you 4 layers!!
    almost tempted to install this ,, except it’s another 1.5GB.. so maybe just for specific projects.

• @RockySmalls said:

@nick said:

@RockySmalls said:

@nick said:

aha! good catch then... that’s quite nice of Korg to do that.. so I guess with the IAP layer in pro you can effectively layer 3 voices? or does it also recognise the Layer IAP to give you 4 layers!!
    almost tempted to install this ,, except it’s another 1.5GB.. so maybe just for specific projects.

I think probably 4. I see no reason they would not carry over that specific purchase ...
    And yes, it‘s 1.5 GB, but all the sound libraries are shared and not added on

• Great discovery @nick !
    I just made a short video with three instances of Module loaded in AUM, Module Pro, Module (legacy) and Module for iPhone.

• @Rodolfo said:
    Great discovery @nick !
    I just made a short video with three instances of Module loaded in AUM, Module Pro, Module (legacy) and Module for iPhone.

oh wow, even three is possible, nice video!

• @Samu said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Um in Gadget you can have all the layers and instances you want of Module

While that's true it would be even more awesome to route midi from one track to multiple tracks :)
    Sure it's possible to copy & paste the notes from one track to an other but that becomes a chore when changes need to be made.

And really, we need better tools to edit the recorded automation making it at least possible to copy it from one bar to another. And maybe even an option to seamlessly scroll from one scene to another making edits across scene boundaries smoother.

I really want a linear mode for the sequencer in Gadget and the option to use the 'scenes' for clip launching that can be recorded onto the timeline...

Agreed. You can I think send midi out of Taipei into something like Audiobus or AUM back into other Gadgets but that’s too complicated for my feeble brain to grapple with.

I’m just happy we got finally the file management so I can bounce scenes in and out and be able to find them in folders when I need to.