Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What music are you currently hearing?

tjatja
edited July 2019 in Other

Didn't we have such a topic already?
Could not find it.

I'm currently happy hearing David Bowie, "David Live" on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/57iVS4xHxJlKW3COk2AaIs?si=lkgt1BBeQA2M0b6hqqmYxg

Comments

• A very high pitched ringing..

• edited July 2019

General restless 4pm office murmur. Squeak of chairs. Typing. A groan. A sigh. A Sniff. 'Oh really?' 'Mmmm, OK. I can do that'. Beep. 'I know how to (unintelligible)...' 'Yah.' Another sigh. '...(unintelligible) fancy guy.' More chair squeaks. etc.

Edit: PS: Send help.

• The buzzing of my central heating circulation pump, after "Natural Born Chiller - Yesterday's Echo" on Apple's default earbuds 😉

https://m.soundcloud.com/mind_in_motion/natural-born-chiller-yesterdays-echo

• Currently hypnotized by this mix, do not operate heavy machinery

• The sound of one hand clapping.

• @Bootsy said:
    A very high pitched ringing..

Damn, that's what I was gonna post, rofl! :lol:

Right now? That'd be "En Attendant Cousteau" from Jean-Michel Jarre. (The 40+ minute ambient masterpiece, not the bizarre out-of-place calypso tracks.)

• Carly Rae Jepsen 'Julien'

• @oat_phipps said:
    Carly Rae Jepsen 'Julien'

Is that from her new album? I've been meaning to listen to it. Her "Emotion" album is a pop masterpiece in my opinion.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Currently hypnotized by this mix, do not operate heavy machinery

Great choice!

• edited July 2019

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Carly Rae Jepsen 'Julien'

Is that from her new album? I've been meaning to listen to it. Her "Emotion" album is a pop masterpiece in my opinion.

My man! I do remember you echoing that sentiment a couple years ago when I brought up Emotion. I could go on all day about it because Emotion rocked my world, but the tl;dr is listen to tracks 1-4 and track 8 ('Too Much'). It seems like she got a little unsure of herself and didn't truly find a direction til it was too late and the 'yo it's been 4 years you gotta release something' hit. But those 5 tracks are an incredible direction. If you don't have spotify or some sort of it, pm me and I'll send you a copy.

Edit: the rest of the album isn't chopped liver outside of 2-3 major clunkers, but again tl;dr she didn't come close to releasing a full, coherent album of awesome like last time. It broke my heart, but I've gotten over it. She's still damn good.

• Live in the bush. Don't hear much. Other than birds. From before dawn well into the night. Australian Magpies mostly - http://www.anbg.gov.au/sounds/magpie-group.mp3. Nest building season so I leave out little piles of suitable twigs and the like which they appreciate. Very professional builders - very fussy about choosing exactly the right twig. Getting very close to that warbling harmonic with ANS ... and they react very vigorously when I play them back to themselves. Working on a duet.

• The sound of birds in the woods.

• A bugle playing taps at a nearby military logistics support facility.

No shit. "Taps": one of those "overtone series" melodies in Bb for the bugle. No valves... just a long pipe.

• edited July 2019

A beat I’m working on with a sample of Chameleon I found with Jaco on bass

• Boing boing boing

• I'm currently hearing everything my ears recognize and deliver to my brain, at least that's what I've been told

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • As of right now? 11:10PST? Well, I hear my wife watching "Real Housewives of New York" on Hulu on the living room (she used to only watch the Beverly Hills one but her sister sold her on the NY version...so she's been bingeing after work). I hear bits & pieces of the audio but it's mostly inaudible...occasionally I'll hear a "that bitch" under my wife's breath when something pisses her off, lol.

I have been listening on Spotify to Robert Johnson's classic recordings from 1936 & 1937 in Texas. I'd seen some cat on YouTube playing acoustic slide and it made me think of Johnson so I've been dipping into his stuff. Not stuff to study recording techniques, etc. the sound is atrocious but the playing & historical significance is heavy duty...

• Some very "funny" replies :|
    It seems I should have written "what music...". Going to fix that.

But about the music quoted above, I am going to hear today and report back my thoughts.
    Many thanks :)

• I'm apparently late to the party just discovering the awesome "Carbon Based Lifeforms" albums "hydroponic garden" and "world of sleepers"... Absolutely beautiful ambient'ish soundscapes. Highly recommended!

• @AudioGus said:
    General restless 4pm office murmur. Squeak of chairs. Typing. A groan. A sigh. A Sniff. 'Oh really?' 'Mmmm, OK. I can do that'. Beep. 'I know how to (unintelligible)...' 'Yah.' Another sigh. '...(unintelligible) fancy guy.' More chair squeaks. etc.

Edit: PS: Send help.

:smiley:

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Currently hypnotized by this mix, do not operate heavy machinery

Ah, a man/woman after my own heart. This is pretty much what I have on permanently, along with Detroit stuff.

• I tried this, but sadly, it is way too repetitive for me.

For electronic / instrumental, I more like things like this:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3oHxs54aMKuKhWcV3DP2eS?si=qc4jFjCiSBSqZzkC_i6aaQ

Die Antwoord ....

• @SevenSystems said:
    The buzzing of my central heating circulation pump, after "Natural Born Chiller - Yesterday's Echo" on Apple's default earbuds 😉

https://m.soundcloud.com/mind_in_motion/natural-born-chiller-yesterdays-echo

like!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Bootsy said:
    A very high pitched ringing..

Damn, that's what I was gonna post, rofl! :lol:

Right now? That'd be "En Attendant Cousteau" from Jean-Michel Jarre. (The 40+ minute ambient masterpiece, not the bizarre out-of-place calypso tracks.)

I am currently hearing this, but in form of the whole album and at Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/60vXLMUO9Usc7txfM7wmJL?si=FSZNeqi0QRiWdJ0iBDev2w

Like :)

• edited July 2019

the music of insects like crickets they make great cross rhythms

• edited July 2019

this has been my current ear worm for about a week now

• Groove Salad