Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Mellow Ambient E.P. Tracked on IPad

Hey All,

Just recently released a new E.P. that was completely tracked on an Ipad using Auria Pro. It was also almost totally mixed in Auria but a few tracks were bounced to Logic in order to use Blackhole and I think maybe one or two more plugins that were not available on iOS. Thought some here might be interested to hear it.

As to the music, it didn't start out as such a mellow project but it turned out that way I am now thinking due to the chaotic nature of our current times. Recording and mixing this was a great reprieve from the news cycles dominating the US in recent months. Hope you enjoy the trip.

Exploration E.P. by Baying Ridges

Comments

• @BayingRidges said:
    Hey All,

Just recently released a new E.P. that was completely tracked on an Ipad using Auria Pro. It was also almost totally mixed in Auria but a few tracks were bounced to Logic in order to use Blackhole and I think maybe one or two more plugins that were not available on iOS. Thought some here might be interested to hear it.

As to the music, it didn't start out as such a mellow project but it turned out that way I am now thinking due to the chaotic nature of our current times. Recording and mixing this was a great reprieve from the news cycles dominating the US in recent months. Hope you enjoy the trip.

Exploration E.P. by Baying Ridges

Can you tell me about the instruments and other VST or apps used?

I don't see your posts that much so tell us about how your work?

IF you want of course.

I will listen to your work for sure.

• Hey, yes of course. I don't post on here all that much but I am lurking quite a bit. In terms of instruments used the album is primarily bass guitar + pedals (EQD Afterneath, TC SubNup mostly for the drones), Animoog, Moog Mother-32 + pedals, Grendel Drone Commander and Field Recordings. There is also a bit of SpaceCraft, Tardigrain, Nave, KQ Dixie, SynthMaster One, Droneo and Sunrizer as well. It was all recorded into Auria Pro with the FabFilter plugins, and some other reverbs like Crystalline and ShimmerFX.

In terms of workflow, we would generally try to get an overall vibe for the particular song and get some instruments and sounds we liked and then hit record while improvising. The goal was to try and get the song done "live" with a pretty decent initial mix and then fine tune everything later after tracking. It was mostly successful in that and there are plenty of mistakes in there but we were going more for a feeling than any kind of perfection. A sort of combination of ambient and jamband was what we were feeling at the time. A few individual tracks were bounced to Logic so I could add Blackhole and Soothe but they were then bounced back to Auria for the final mix. All of the mixing was done in Auria and then it was sent out for mastering.

Not sure if this explains all that much but I'd be happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have. Thank you also for your post and for listening, it is appreciated!

• Awesome EP, @BayingRidges!
    Gonna take another listen later today.

• Thank you so much @senhorlampada!!