Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s discuss the KORG Module “Pro” Update

2»

Comments

• Here's the video for the update :)
    Don't have it yet but can the 'splits' be edited inside Gadget too?

(And well, I'm a real sucker for Korg Sounds so I may very well end up getting the update, just need to go fetch some more 'gift cards' for the AppStore arghhh).

• These Korg apps are very expensive without auv3. I’d love to own them all because they sounds beautiful - but they’re just too much of an island to be useful. They need releasing onto the mainland with all their little auv3 mates.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@Samu said:
    Don't have it yet but can the 'splits' be edited inside Gadget too?

Do you mean we can use layers/splits recorded in module into Gadget ?? 👀

The Layer & Split is only in Module but in Gadget it's just a matter of duplicating a track and adding another instance of the Gadget that produces the sound :)

So the only additions to Gadget are the new sounds...

• @BCKeys said:

I mostly use Gadget to record tracks and improvise on it, can't wait to see a Glasgow big upgrade now. I'm quite disappointed by instantly bought this new Module expansion and cant use it in Gadget

Who knows maybe Korg will add a 'Module Sampler Expansion' at some point allowing us to record/edit/use our own samples to create instruments :) (The sampler in Kronos is pretty sweet).

• I like the fact that they opened this new instance for use without cost to previous customers.

I wanted to use the new sounds, the splits and layering in the app and on iPhone and iPad so I opted for the $20 Performance Expansion. The additional sounds are great. Everything loads so fast which is something I have grown to hate in the Crudebyte's apps (iSymphonic, Colossus Pianos).

For anyone used to the Korg Keyboard Workstation world this is a great tool for portability and performance options.

• @wim said:
    the most annoying behavior trait of any MIDI apps on iOS ... always listens to all hardware MIDI devices with no way to stop it.

Meh. All of them have been this way starting with iMS-20.

• I’m waiting(hoping) for a Korg gadget PRO update

• I love what Korg offers for IOS users , I own all their IOS apps except Electribe Wave as I for the most part stopped buying apps that don’t support AUV3. I bought Module because it works in Gadget and also because of the Ivory expansion. If Module was an AU I definitely would have the new expansion . I’ve only bought the Ivory and the Triton expansion pack ( I also have the Melo Tape Keyboard but I think it was free? Can’t remember ). If Module ever becomes an Audio Unit, I will definitely buy all the expansions for it.

• Interesting upgrade and funny timing for me- gig in 8 days, had given up on Module after couple years due to lack of split / layer and not thrilled w some sounds. Went the Camelot route with Heavy Brass, CMP Grand Piano, Neo-Soul Keys, Galileo, and bs-16i. All AUv3 compatible but only sort of- expression pedal doesn't work in Heavy Brass, can't get to velocity settings in CMP Grand, Neo-Soul doesn't have basic volume control, various other issues, all probably being worked on by developers. Now that Module can do splits and layers and the sounds are improved it's suddenly back to my go to app. The midi cc implementation is awkward and seems incomplete but at least it exists. Pricing seems worth it to me, I spend more than that on tequila every month.

• @normalkeyboa said:
    Interesting upgrade and funny timing for me- gig in 8 days, had given up on Module after couple years due to lack of split / layer and not thrilled w some sounds. Went the Camelot route with Heavy Brass, CMP Grand Piano, Neo-Soul Keys, Galileo, and bs-16i. All AUv3 compatible but only sort of- expression pedal doesn't work in Heavy Brass, can't get to velocity settings in CMP Grand, Neo-Soul doesn't have basic volume control, various other issues, all probably being worked on by developers. Now that Module can do splits and layers and the sounds are improved it's suddenly back to my go to app. The midi cc implementation is awkward and seems incomplete but at least it exists. Pricing seems worth it to me, I spend more than that on tequila every month.

Tequila budget definitely always puts app prices in the proper perspective 👌🏾

• @WillieNegus said:

What Tequila do you like? I just heard Ellen Degeneres likes Casa Dragones. $60-$1100 options.

• @McD said:

@WillieNegus said:

What Tequila do you like? I just heard Ellen Degeneres likes Casa Dragones. $60-$1100 options.

All of my fav tequilas are pretty affordable. Milagro, Don Julio or Herradura if drinking straight. Patron for mojitos. Most expensive bottles in my collection are Scotches and Whiskeys. Not much of a drinker just like having a selection for entertaining.

Pops just surprised me with a visit so we’re enjoying Johnny Walker Blue Ghost atm.

Cheers 🥃

• @WillieNegus said:
    All of my fav tequilas are pretty affordable. Milagro, Don Julio or Herradura if drinking straight. Patron for mojitos.

We we're served Azul at a local bar and haven't found anything to compare for sipping straight.

• @McD said:

@WillieNegus said:
    All of my fav tequilas are pretty affordable. Milagro, Don Julio or Herradura if drinking straight. Patron for mojitos.

We we're served Azul at a local bar and haven't found anything to compare for sipping straight.

Tequila is a lot like Gadget. Doesn’t work well with others. Mojitos are the only drink I’ve had where other flavors work well and that’s just peppermint and sugar.

Was gifted some Azul Repasado recently. Best looking bottle on my shelf. Now I’ll have to crack it open. I have the regular Plata version which is smooth with a touch of cinnamon aftertaste.

Casa Dragones is on the list now btw. Thanks for the reco by way of Ellen. It’s at my local liquor store for about the same as Johnny Boy Blue.

• I'm interested in purchasing the update. I have a question though, is it possible to use 2 sounds in different midi channels with Module now? I tend to have to use various apps for live playing but if I can use, let's say pads and strings both from Module with different midi channels I would be in heaven!

• Yes, you can. If you buy the split / layer in-app purchase, when you set up a song in the set list you can choose to split or layer 2 sounds and each shows midi channel choices for each sound. I have one song where I use piano without being affected by expression pedal, layered with a strings pad that is effected by the expression pedal (so I could fade string pad in and out around piano notes) and I set up my keyboard controller to not send expression pedal data on channel 1, and to send it on channel 2, and set the piano sound in Module to receive on channel 1 and the string pad sound in Module to receive on channel 2. This works really well, my band mates think it's a huge improvement over just piano for this particular song.

• Make all synth AUv3. Would also be great to use AUv3 in Gadget. This would especialy be nice because you could use all AUv3 FXs

• Can someone explain the difference between Module and Module Pro?

Module is now free, but has IAPs...
    If I purchase an IAP from the free version, will it be available in Gadget?

• A big problem here, I cannot restore some in app purchase like the orchestral dreams, I do not find a way to contact Korg support. Anyone has the same issue or can tell me how to report?