Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2: Fave IAP Packs?

What are your feeling of the NS2 vs BM packs?

Quality/Cost/

Comments

• edited July 2019

ALL. I won’t compare the Bm3 packs but I love the NS2 iap packs. Made this with only the included and iap packs and my trap drum kit. No AUv3 instruments at all

• I don’t think there’s any comparison. NS2 main selling point is Obsidian and the sound designer masterfully illustrated how dope it is with the IAPs. I highly recommend them all. BM3 main selling point is the Sampler...I recommend focusing workflow around sampling. IAPs not so much. They don’t suck but bringing/sampling your own sounds is where BM3 shines.

• NS2 IAPs plus+

• I liked the Trap/Hip Hop Drums from NS2 well enough to sample them in BM3. I got a couple BM3 IAP out of curiosity but find a months subscription to sounds.com with 150 downloads is a fantastic deal.

• I prefer the BM3 platform (so far) by a wide margin, but the IAPs for NS2 blow BM3 out of the water. Not even close, IMHO.

• @AudioGus said:
    I liked the Trap/Hip Hop Drums from NS2 well enough to sample them in BM3. I got a couple BM3 IAP out of curiosity but find a months subscription to sounds.com with 150 downloads is a fantastic deal.

Great thought. Is it possible to just export slate kits as a way folder zip and open in Bm3 and create a bank from there? Not sure but if so but I’m thinking that may be quicker than sampling them.

• @WillieNegus said:

@AudioGus said:
    I liked the Trap/Hip Hop Drums from NS2 well enough to sample them in BM3. I got a couple BM3 IAP out of curiosity but find a months subscription to sounds.com with 150 downloads is a fantastic deal.

Great thought. Is it possible to just export slate kits as a way folder zip and open in Bm3 and create a bank from there? Not sure but if so but I’m thinking that may be quicker than sampling them.

I did listen to the raw wavs at first but there are some fx in the Slate kit that gave them presence and oomph that I wanted along for the ride. it was pretty quick to sample. Just host NS2 in BM3, hit each pad, auto slicer etc.

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus
    I did listen to the raw wavs at first but there are some fx in the Slate kit that gave them presence and oomph that I wanted along for the ride.

glad to hear you appreciate IAPs :) @StevePAL would be happy to hear it, for sure, he invested unimaginable amout of time into IAPs

all banks - slate and obsidian patches too, which are using samples, contains often lot of sound desing on top of basic samples set (pitch envelopes, ovedrives, filters, equalisation, all kind of stuff)..

Also in factory, not just in IAPs, often same samples are differently layered and effected across various banks and patches, so in result you get very different sound with basicaly same samples ... Our approach was "lets go back to roots when HW samplers were very much limited " - in terms of memory, so people needed to be really creative in the ways how to get maximum variability from minimal sample set)

• @dendy said:

@AudioGus
    I did listen to the raw wavs at first but there are some fx in the Slate kit that gave them presence and oomph that I wanted along for the ride.

glad to hear you appreciate work on IAPs :) @StevePAL would be happy to hear it, for sure, he invested unimaginable amout of time to them..

yeah all banks - slate and obsidian patches too, which are using samples, contains often lot of sound desing on top of basic samples set (pitch envelopes, ovedrives, filters, equalisation, all kind of stuff)..

Also in factory, not just in IAPs, often same samples are differently layered and effected across various bank so in result you get very different sound with basicaly same samples ... Our approach was "lets go back to roots when HW samplers were very much limited " - in terms of memory, so people needed to be really creative in the ways how to get maximum variability from minimal sample set)

@StevePAL and Matt were also very conscious of keeping the size of the downloads as small as possible. Steve did some amazing work exploiting Obsidian to maximize the use of a small-as-is-reasonable sample set. They're worth the download as nothing more than extremely inexpensive synthesis lessons if'n you ask me. Plus, they're good sounds for use in yer music as a bonus. :)

• Could do with a really good Rhodes, though...

• @purpan2 said:
    Could do with a really good Rhodes, though...

Agree. Which is why we love @GospelMusicians for their AU-ness :)

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    ALL. I won’t compare the Bm3 packs but I love the NS2 iap packs. Made this with only the included and iap packs and my trap drum kit. No AUv3 instruments at all

I will.

I think NS2 has the most impressive sound options I have seen to date for an iOS app.

Between the drum kit quality and the synth engine, impressed.

I am a nit picking pain in the ass type and I think NS2 is a winner.

I bought a couple packs this weekend and look forward to trying them out.

• edited July 2019

Msx audio soundpacks in BM3 are the shiznit, only packs that comes close are from iMaschine. @ipadbeatmaking trap kit are dope sounds and actually had me using NS2 for the first time since purchased on release day.
    My selection is based on drums only. I'm not a synth guy so Obsidian doesn't do it for me. Yes it has nice sounds but it's all about the drums, that's what gets me going.