Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bitwig 3.0 (Grid) is live

Comments

  • Woooooooohhhhhh! 🌈

  • So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

  • Im still waiting for more windows tablets which are fan-less and a lower price point but I really like to make the jump to bitwig touch.

  • edited July 10

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Do you use it much on the suface pro?

  • edited July 10

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Cool. How is it touch wise? Do they use multi-touch well? The GUI lets you scale and configure things, right? Just curious how mobile friendly it is. I can use BM3 walking down the street. Wondering if a GUI tweeked Bitwig on Surface Pro 3 is as OK for mobile (ie. walking).

    edit: hmmm, wonder about the surface go... etc.. hmm, pro looks too big etc

  • @TrevorLlewellyn @AudioGus Bitwig out of all the desktop DAWs is the best for touch friendly use I find it has a tablet mode that goes way beyond Ableton Live tablet mode.

    No desktop DAW is ever going to be as good as a iPad for this so sometimes you have to pull out the pencil and mouse.

    See Robin Vincent video a few years back.

    Been using the beta version of Bitwig 3 since it dropped in May pretty impressed with the Grid.

  • edited July 10

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Cool. How is it touch wise? Do they use multi-touch well? The GUI lets you scale and configure things, right? Just curious how mobile friendly it is. I can use BM3 walking down the street. Wondering if a GUI tweeked Bitwig on Surface Pro 3 is as OK for mobile (ie. walking).

    edit: hmmm, wonder about the surface go... etc.. hmm, pro looks too big etc

    Props to you for doing more than walking down the street when you’re walking down the street. I can barely uni-task.

    I tried walking in circles in the house and it was definitely do-able: finger drumming, sequencer editing, clip launching etc. Surface Pro 3 is lighter that the original iPad, if that tells you anything. Pretty easy to one-hand it, while goofing around on the touchscreen. Only downside to the earlier models like Surface Pro 3, especially with that i7 on board, is that the baby gets hot...

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    @TrevorLlewellyn @AudioGus Bitwig out of all the desktop DAWs is the best for touch friendly use I find it has a tablet mode that goes way beyond Ableton Live tablet mode.

    No desktop DAW is ever going to be as good as a iPad for this so sometimes you have to pull out the pencil and mouse.

    See Robin Vincent video a few years back.

    Been using the beta version of Bitwig 3 since it dropped in May pretty impressed with the Grid.

    @Littlewoodg said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Cool. How is it touch wise? Do they use multi-touch well? The GUI lets you scale and configure things, right? Just curious how mobile friendly it is. I can use BM3 walking down the street. Wondering if a GUI tweeked Bitwig on Surface Pro 3 is as OK for mobile (ie. walking).

    edit: hmmm, wonder about the surface go... etc.. hmm, pro looks too big etc

    Props to you for doing more than walking down the street when you’re walking down the street. I can barely uni-task.

    I tried walking in circles in the house and it was definitely do-able: finger drumming, sequencer editing, clip launching etc. Surface Pro 3 is lighter that the original iPad, if that tells you anything. Pretty easy to one-hand it, while goofing around on the touchscreen. Only downside to the earlier models like Surface Pro 3, especially with that i7 on board, is that the baby gets hot...

    Cool, thanks Homies. I really appreciate the thoughts. I have looked at this video a couple times and it was hard to get a read on it as far as touch given that he is explaining rather than flying. Would love to see a tablet/touch/bitwig master whipping around, even I could not follow what they are doing exactly.

    But yah. Certainly on my radar and if in a year or two there is no real big leaps in iOS land (or if I magically land in a pile of dough (you never know)) I may just consider it.

  • @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Im still waiting for more windows tablets which are fan-less and a lower price point but I really like to make the jump to bitwig touch.

    interesting.... would you happen to have a current best recommendation that comes without the fan?

  • @kobamoto said:

    @TrevorLlewellyn said:
    Im still waiting for more windows tablets which are fan-less and a lower price point but I really like to make the jump to bitwig touch.

    interesting.... would you happen to have a current best recommendation that comes without the fan?

    One of the surface pro 6 models is fan-less. The i5 processor model.

  • Pretty easy to one-hand it, while goofing around on the touchscreen. Only downside to the earlier models like Surface Pro 3, especially with that i7 on board, is that the baby gets hot

    Is the heat a big problem? I just picked one up on eBay cheap with the i7 and it does seem scary hot.

  • edited July 11
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Here I must say what I think about Windows and tablets...

    I have two of them, one Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GBRAM-256GB) and one brand new HP Spectre X360 13.3” (i7-4core, 16GBRAM-512GB-4K screen), but, none of them is especially fun to use as tablets...
    If you have had iPads for nine years, and a dito with Apple Pencil for four years, non of the competitor come close to Apples way to deliver pleasure...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for running the Affinity Suite on the go, and not for music making...
    But, IF Apple ever would manufacture a Macbook Pro with touchscreen (and Pencil support) I would sell my HP immediately!

    But, the HP Spextre X360 is fuckin’ good looking, maybe the best looking laptop on the market just now...

    But, the touch experience on Windows have a lot to catch before the iPad dito...

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    But as soon as I’m inside a daw they’re basically both the same thing as far as I’m concerned...Running BM3 on Surface would be no different to me than running it on an iPad (tho minus ram restrictions etc)....unless they crash or whatever. But Ive had more crashes in iOS daws than I do in Bitwig on Surface....

    This has not been my experience with the DAWs I use (Presonus Studio One and Ableton). They’re not designed for touch, and the Surface Pro screen is a little too small to use comfortably. Maschine is decent, thanks to the control surface and simple layout of the program.

    And outside of the programs, as @ErrkaPetti said, you are fighting the OS for usability.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Here I must say what I think about Windows and tablets...

    I have two of them, one Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GBRAM-256GB) and one brand new HP Spectre X360 13.3” (i7-4core, 16GBRAM-512GB-4K screen), but, none of them is especially fun to use as tablets...
    If you have had iPads for nine years, and a dito with Apple Pencil for four years, non of the competitor come close to Apples way to deliver pleasure...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for running the Affinity Suite on the go, and not for music making...
    But, IF Apple ever would manufacture a Macbook Pro with touchscreen (and Pencil support) I would sell my HP immediately!

    But, the HP Spextre X360 is fuckin’ good looking, maybe the best looking laptop on the market just now...

    But, the touch experience on Windows have a lot to catch before the iPad dito...

    To me it depends on a lot..Like what you’re using it for. As an all rounder touch device for day to day tasks etc iPads beat Surface for me.. pretty clearly too.... And for just picking it up and randomly looking for inspiration iPad wins for me too. There are more touch friendly music apps and my iPad is lighter and smaller than my Surface...

    But as soon as I’m inside a daw they’re basically both the same thing as far as I’m concerned...Running BM3 on Surface would be no different to me than running it on an iPad (tho minus ram restrictions etc)....unless they crash or whatever. But Ive had more crashes in iOS daws than I do in Bitwig on Surface....

    But, iPad contra Windows touch interfaces (also Android tablets) is a combat like David & Goliat!
    The response and quickness you’ve gotten on iPad is unbelievable good, with superlow latency compare to Win/Android, and, therefore I would’nt be sure that the coming Beatmaker 3 desktop edition will have the same user experience that we have on our beloved iPads...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for one application (to be precise), and that’s Affinity Publisher!
    Both Affinity Photo and Designer on my iPad Pro is good enough compare to the desktop editions, but, as long as Publisher is just Mac/Win my 2-in-1 HP Spectre X360 is a must on the field and away from my iMac27/5K...

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @EyeOhEss said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Here I must say what I think about Windows and tablets...

    I have two of them, one Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GBRAM-256GB) and one brand new HP Spectre X360 13.3” (i7-4core, 16GBRAM-512GB-4K screen), but, none of them is especially fun to use as tablets...
    If you have had iPads for nine years, and a dito with Apple Pencil for four years, non of the competitor come close to Apples way to deliver pleasure...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for running the Affinity Suite on the go, and not for music making...
    But, IF Apple ever would manufacture a Macbook Pro with touchscreen (and Pencil support) I would sell my HP immediately!

    But, the HP Spextre X360 is fuckin’ good looking, maybe the best looking laptop on the market just now...

    But, the touch experience on Windows have a lot to catch before the iPad dito...

    To me it depends on a lot..Like what you’re using it for. As an all rounder touch device for day to day tasks etc iPads beat Surface for me.. pretty clearly too.... And for just picking it up and randomly looking for inspiration iPad wins for me too. There are more touch friendly music apps and my iPad is lighter and smaller than my Surface...

    But as soon as I’m inside a daw they’re basically both the same thing as far as I’m concerned...Running BM3 on Surface would be no different to me than running it on an iPad (tho minus ram restrictions etc)....unless they crash or whatever. But Ive had more crashes in iOS daws than I do in Bitwig on Surface....

    But, iPad contra Windows touch interfaces (also Android tablets) is a combat like David & Goliat!
    The response and quickness you’ve gotten on iPad is unbelievable good, with superlow latency compare to Win/Android, and, therefore I would’nt be sure that the coming Beatmaker 3 desktop edition will have the same user experience that we have on our beloved iPads...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for one application (to be precise), and that’s Affinity Publisher! Worth every penny (1700$)...
    Both Affinity Photo and Designer on my iPad Pro is good enough compare to the desktop editions, but, as long as Publisher is just Mac/Win my 2-in-1 HP Spectre X360 is a must on the field and away from my iMac27/5K...

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @EyeOhEss said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:

    @Jumpercollins said:

    @AudioGus said:
    So any of my forum homies using Bitwig on a touch tablet thingy?

    @AudioGus Using it on a surface Pro 3 no problem

    Here I must say what I think about Windows and tablets...

    I have two of them, one Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (i5-8GBRAM-256GB) and one brand new HP Spectre X360 13.3” (i7-4core, 16GBRAM-512GB-4K screen), but, none of them is especially fun to use as tablets...
    If you have had iPads for nine years, and a dito with Apple Pencil for four years, non of the competitor come close to Apples way to deliver pleasure...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for running the Affinity Suite on the go, and not for music making...
    But, IF Apple ever would manufacture a Macbook Pro with touchscreen (and Pencil support) I would sell my HP immediately!

    But, the HP Spextre X360 is fuckin’ good looking, maybe the best looking laptop on the market just now...

    But, the touch experience on Windows have a lot to catch before the iPad dito...

    To me it depends on a lot..Like what you’re using it for. As an all rounder touch device for day to day tasks etc iPads beat Surface for me.. pretty clearly too.... And for just picking it up and randomly looking for inspiration iPad wins for me too. There are more touch friendly music apps and my iPad is lighter and smaller than my Surface...

    But as soon as I’m inside a daw they’re basically both the same thing as far as I’m concerned...Running BM3 on Surface would be no different to me than running it on an iPad (tho minus ram restrictions etc)....unless they crash or whatever. But Ive had more crashes in iOS daws than I do in Bitwig on Surface....

    But, iPad contra Windows touch interfaces (also Android tablets) is a combat like David & Goliat!
    The response and quickness you’ve gotten on iPad is unbelievable good, with superlow latency compare to Win/Android, and, therefore I would’nt be sure that the coming Beatmaker 3 desktop edition will have the same user experience that we have on our beloved iPads...

    I bought my new HP Spectre X360 just for one application (to be precise), and that’s Affinity Publisher!
    Both Affinity Photo and Designer on my iPad Pro is good enough compare to the desktop editions, but, as long as Publisher is just Mac/Win my 2-in-1 HP Spectre X360 is a must on the field and away from my iMac27/5K...

    I genuinely don’t feel any considerable extra latency between daw work on bitwig on Surface P3 and daw work on iPad. Same with general OS taps etc....It’s probably there if you say it is and I’m not arguing that, but it’s something that’s never even crossed my mind in use....
    Android is probably a different story but I’ve never touched an Android tablet and not planning to any time soon ;)

    But, you must agree that with the MS Pencil in the hand and controlling Win10 there’s a lot of taping with the pencil that the WinOS never register...
    It’s the same behavior within Win10 on my HP Spectre X360, so it’s not specific to Surface Pro...

    But, as several had said earlier, a desktop system is superior to iOS when it comes to advanced software and a complete filesystem to use...
    But, the iPad is so fuckin’ good at what it can do and are out of competion still...

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow, thanks for all the head stuff... biggest standout for me at this point is the heat issue I think. As a walker/jammer I tend to use pretty beefy (not good for heat) cases with my iPad. Would hate to be paranoid about heat issues on an extra hot tablet.

  • @AudioGus said:
    Wow, thanks for all the head stuff... biggest standout for me at this point is the heat issue I think. As a walker/jammer I tend to use pretty beefy (not good for heat) cases with my iPad. Would hate to be paranoid about heat issues on an extra hot tablet.

    Surface Pro 3 is known for the heat. If you have the coin it’s been sorted in subsequent models- I just work with it, the trade offs are reasonable for me but not everyone.

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @AudioGus said:
    Wow, thanks for all the head stuff... biggest standout for me at this point is the heat issue I think. As a walker/jammer I tend to use pretty beefy (not good for heat) cases with my iPad. Would hate to be paranoid about heat issues on an extra hot tablet.

    Surface Pro 3 is known for the heat. If you have the coin it’s been sorted in subsequent models-

    Good to hear. Yah it is certainly on my radar.

  • @EyeOhEss said:
    iOS had a big head start over Surface for touch development/refinement and 3rd party touch focused software....Windows had a big headstart over iPad for deeper functionality development/refinement and pro grade 3rd party software.... Seems pretty inevitable they’ll both meet in the middle at some point over next few years :) They’re headed the same place but from different directions....

    This sounds true, but it isn’t. Windows has regressed on touch since the transition from 8.1 to 10, and because of the user backlash to 8 and the failure of the Windows App Store, I don’t see an increase in developers working on touch for Windows. IpadOS, on the other side, does seem to be headed in the right direction. I’m not anti-Windows either, I love my desktop PC.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • being that the main programs in question don't even run on an iPad no matter how great it is shortens the length of any comparison considerably imho... it's an only game in town kind of situation if you want to run ableton, bitwig, fL studio (the real one), etc...

Sign In or Register to comment.