Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

$300....how do you spend?

If someone gave you a gift card to an Online Music Store like Sweetwater?

«1

Comments

  • I would go for a Seaboard block.

  • I'd take a serious look at the Arturia Microfreak...

  • @RUST( i )K said:
    If someone gave you a gift card to an Online Music Store like Sweetwater?

    Flightcase.

  • E A S Y

    Add to cart:
    1. Portable recorder (Zoom, Tascam, etc.)
    2. Contact mic
    3. Telephone pickup mic
    4. Decent shotgun mic

    Then spend the next few months recording, editing and building one of the worlds most unique library of samples.

  • @Samu said:
    I'd take a serious look at the Arturia Microfreak...

    I’m with Samu. Funky thing.

  • Kick arse pair of headphones.

    Or a pair of iLoud micros.

    Or one of those Begringer audio interfaces with a zillion ins and outs.

  • @klownshed said:
    Kick arse pair of headphones.

    Or a pair of iLoud micros.

    Or one of those Begringer audio interfaces with a zillion ins and outs.

    This.

  • @brice said:
    E A S Y

    Add to cart:
    1. Portable recorder (Zoom, Tascam, etc.)
    2. Contact mic
    3. Telephone pickup mic
    4. Decent shotgun mic

    Then spend the next few months recording, editing and building one of the worlds most unique library of samples.

    Yeah, think that’s me too.

  • edited June 30

    @kinkujin said:

    @Samu said:
    I'd take a serious look at the Arturia Microfreak...

    I’m with Samu. Funky thing.

    This. Best invested money i spend this year. Instant inspiration.

    Considering fact i already have MicroFreak, my $300 investment will probably go to Behringer Neutron (which i did recently :)) Next in queue is Behringer SH-01a (which is a bit over, so if it is cheating then Modal Skulpt)

  • Yeah, I'd say Neutron too if you want to stay under $300.

  • @brice said:
    E A S Y

    Add to cart:
    1. Portable recorder (Zoom, Tascam, etc.)
    2. Contact mic
    3. Telephone pickup mic
    4. Decent shotgun mic

    Then spend the next few months recording, editing and building one of the worlds most unique library of samples.

    Best advice!

    But I would spend this money for Koma Elektronik Field Kit or Field Kit FX + expansion pack. Have first one -- this is unique and very fun interface to work with unconventional sounds.

  • @Samu said:
    I'd take a serious look at the Arturia Microfreak

    I have, I want!

  • @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

  • edited June 30

    @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Oh shit. I'd love to pretend it's my birthday. Hahaha. What do you like and dislike about it? I've been considering one over a Keystep and QuNexus. I already have a Novation Remote MKI, so the Keystep would be kind of redundant. The Qunexus does have the option for MIDI out, which makes it super appealing, too. But there's something about the design of the RSB that seems really fun with which to interact.

  • easy peasy.
    Definitely MS-101 .. (though Neutron would have priority if I didn’t have it already...or 808 clone if it was shipping yet)

  • edited June 30

    @brice said:
    E A S Y

    Add to cart:
    1. Portable recorder (Zoom, Tascam, etc.)
    2. Contact mic
    3. Telephone pickup mic
    4. Decent shotgun mic

    Then spend the next few months recording, editing and building one of the worlds most unique library of samples.

    I’d like to hear that! 👏🚀🎧

  • All the Ampify IAPs.

    .

    I am being facetious lol. Everyone else has good recommendations :)

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Mine was 14th June... Can I enter the giveaway? :V
    I want a Seaboard and it's too soon for santa...

  • @slicetwo said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Oh shit. I'd love to pretend it's my birthday. Hahaha. What do you like and dislike about it? I've been considering one over a Keystep and QuNexus. I already have a Novation Remote MKI, so the Keystep would be kind of redundant. The Qunexus does have the option for MIDI out, which makes it super appealing, too. But there's something about the design of the RSB that seems really fun with which to interact.

    Seaboard is plenty fun just prefer lightblocks as I’m not a keyboard player and they have scale lock and other custom configurations.

  • McDMcD
    edited June 30

    I just cashed in some gift money for:

    KAT MIDI Drum pad $119
    KAT Bass Drum Trigger $89
    Bass Drum Pedal $60
    MIDI Sustain Pedal $20 (KAT Makes a Hi-Hat pedal but this works)

    It turns out that the Bass Drum trigger is NOT sensitive enough for me. I play upstairs and it
    sounds like someone banging on the ceiling down below. I need something I can use after midnight
    so I wasted $150.

    The KAT also allows a sustain pedal to activate the Bass Drum port so I need to test
    that for my use case. So another Sustain Pedal will probably be needed. I probably won't need
    a broad velocity range for the bass drum so a sustain switch should work.

    If that doesn't work I'll trigger bass drum notes with one of the 4 pads using my hands (ride, snare,
    bass drum, hi-hat) and no complaints while people below sleep peacefully.

    A KAT and 2 Sustain Pedals would give me an extra $140 left to check out Bluetooth MIDI controllers.
    With 2 cats around I find I need to replace sustain pedals often since they are nice chew toys when attached to keyboards. It's the same with DC Power supplies cables.

    If a Seaboard is $299 I'd get one now that I have already spent my gift card money and the question implies I get another $300 budget.

    NOTE: @flo26 convinced me to buy the Joyo Amp Sim pedals too and they run about $100 for all 3 (Mesa Boogie, Fender, Vox models I think). He says they beat every IOS Amp Sim product for better tone and he should know. But he just posted a Tone Stack demo track that makes me glad it's been my favorite Amp Sim for 2 years and I bought the whole store.
    It's my favorite guitar headphone rig but MIDI Guitar 2 with AUv3 FX is getting more play lately while I drill boring chord work to improve my knowledge of the neck.

  • @TheDubbyLabby said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Mine was 14th June... Can I enter the giveaway? :V
    I want a Seaboard and it's too soon for santa...

    Sorry bro...Already taken by @LinearLineman my good friend from the old new city. He dedicated daily hymns that entertained my father in law as he recovered from heart surgery so it is well earned and the very least I could do to return the grace.

  • edited June 30

    @LinearLineman has good karma 👍🌈 i was given a seaboard block too. You need to try it on spacecraft granular, the MPE implementation is excellent on that app.

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @slicetwo said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Oh shit. I'd love to pretend it's my birthday. Hahaha. What do you like and dislike about it? I've been considering one over a Keystep and QuNexus. I already have a Novation Remote MKI, so the Keystep would be kind of redundant. The Qunexus does have the option for MIDI out, which makes it super appealing, too. But there's something about the design of the RSB that seems really fun with which to interact.

    Seaboard is plenty fun just prefer lightblocks as I’m not a keyboard player and they have scale lock and other custom configurations.

    Gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks.

  • Thanks, so much, @WillieNegus. A really wonderful gift gratefully accepted. It's funny, here you are sending something real to an entity that simply exists in your mind! Just the right ingredients for a beautiful friendship!

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, so much, @WillieNegus. A really wonderful gift gratefully accepted. It's funny, here you are sending something real to an entity that simply exists in your mind! Just the right ingredients for a beautiful friendship!

    You undervalue what your consistent gift of music meant for pops. He was laid up with his chest open for weeks. He still listens to your symphonies and tracks to this day my guy. That Seaboard is the least I could do. Especially considering it’s been sitting dead and collecting dust for over a year. I’m blessed to be able to bless ya back ✊🏾. De nada.

  • edited June 30

    Thank you so much @WillieNegus. That my music could help someone is the best gift. That it was for someone dear to you is the tops. Give my best to him and, please, download my albums (they are all free). Please tell him they are my gift to him!

  • @brice said:
    E A S Y

    Add to cart:
    1. Portable recorder (Zoom, Tascam, etc.)
    2. Contact mic
    3. Telephone pickup mic
    4. Decent shotgun mic

    Then spend the next few months recording, editing and building one of the worlds most unique library of samples.

    Dang it!

    I did exactly that over a year ago. Played with all the toys for less than a month and then stored them all in a case.

    What you laid out is exactly what I’d decided I most wanted to do... then I got all distracted with perpetual apps of the week.

    Thanks for reminding me. Time to get all that back out.

    I’d add SynthScaper to the list for mangling and shaping all the new recordings. You?

  • @WillieNegus said:

    @TheDubbyLabby said:

    @WillieNegus said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I would go for a Seaboard block.

    I’ll send you mine for your birthday if you pay the shipping. Very serious. I don’t use it at all. I prefer the lightpad blocks.

    As far as what I’d do with $300...I’d spend it all on apps to support the iOS music Devs.

    Mine was 14th June... Can I enter the giveaway? :V
    I want a Seaboard and it's too soon for santa...

    Sorry bro...Already taken by @LinearLineman my good friend from the old new city. He dedicated daily hymns that entertained my father in law as he recovered from heart surgery so it is well earned and the very least I could do to return the grace.

    I was just kidding :wink:
    I feel you done the right thing too :heart:

  • @Samu said:
    I'd take a serious look at the Arturia Microfreak...

    +1

  • Make Noise powered skiff.

Sign In or Register to comment.