Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music Lovers Probably Enjoy This Vid:

Comments

• edited June 2019

Holy crap, I HATE this style of youtube video. For those who don’t have 20 minutes to waste: youtuber Rick Beato is outraged that UMG does a huge amount of demonetization YouTube takedowns for copyright infringment even though they don’t have they physical tapes of the master tracks (news just came out that 500,000 masters were burned in the 2008 Universal Studios fire).
    I guess the implication is that a copyright holder should only be able to demonetize YouTube videos if they have physical masters of the music they are claiming is being infringed. ?? Not sure...

Anyway, now that I wasted 20 minutes to watch 2 minutes of Youtube content, i now no longer have any time to discuss the issue. (Nothing personal @RUST( i )K) Its an interesting topic for sure, will do some more reading on it later.

• And that is why video sucks and written information is infinitely superior.

• @Hmtx said:
    Holy crap, I HATE this style of youtube video. For those who don’t have 20 minutes to waste: youtuber Rick Beato is outraged that UMG does a huge amount of demonetization YouTube takedowns for copyright infringment even though they don’t have they physical tapes of the master tracks (news just came out that 500,000 masters were burned in the 2008 Universal Studios fire).
    I guess the implication is that a copyright holder should only be able to demonetize YouTube videos if they have physical masters of the music they are claiming is being infringed. ?? Not sure...

Anyway, now that I wasted 20 minutes to watch 2 minutes of Youtube content, i now no longer have any time to discuss the issue. (Nothing personal @RUST( i )K) Its an interesting topic for sure, will do some more reading on it later.

@brambos said:
    And that is why video sucks and written information is infinitely superior.

Um.

Sorry?

• Video is highly inefficient when the information contained within can be summarized in two lines of text, but you have to sit through many minutes of moving imagery instead.

• Haha. I was just venting because the video is 18 minutes of pointless YouTuber chatter and 2 minutes of actual content explaining what he is “outraged” about. Pissed me off, waste of my time, etc.

Not sure if Brambos was trolling me (I deserved it for venting in public). Either way, I love a good YouTube video. But don’t waste my time.

Here’s the article that Beato mentioned:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/magazine/universal-music-fire-bands-list-umg.html

• @brambos said:
    Video is highly inefficient when the information contained within can be summarized in two lines of text, but you have to sit through many minutes of moving imagery instead.

This.

Thanks for summarizing my 8 line rant into 2 lines of succinct summary ;-)

• @Hmtx said:

@brambos said:
    Video is highly inefficient when the information contained within can be summarized in two lines of text, but you have to sit through many minutes of moving imagery instead.

This.

Thanks for summarizing my 8 line rant into 2 lines of succinct summary ;-)

So it all worked out.

Great.

• @brambos said:

What he said...

• @RUST( i )K yeah but back on topic... I’m trying to wrap my mind around the UMG fire. I guess I’m just baffled that this was even an issue. UMG is still making piles of cash off these historical tunes right?. With modern tech, Wouldn’t they have invested the effort to backup everything, or to gradually transfer all those master tracks to some lossless digital archive?

Also, the heartless (lazy?) part of me doesn’t even care... its all available in some form of digital format, so does the loss of the masters even matter?

• edited June 2019

@Hmtx said:
    @RUST( i )K yeah but back on topic... I’m trying to wrap my mind around the UMG fire. I guess I’m just baffled that this was even an issue. UMG is still making piles of cash off these historical tunes right?. With modern tech, Wouldn’t they have invested the effort to backup everything, or to gradually transfer all those master tracks to some lossless digital archive?

I think a lot of artists were looking into doing this but discovering they could not now. There was simply too much material to undertake a massive digital archive project from the studio and it seems they were sitting on a Tarantinoesque powder keg..

Also, the heartless (lazy?) part of me doesn’t even care... its all available in some form of digital format, so does the loss of the masters even matter?

Losing multi-track recordings would be sad. :( Especially in the era of remixes and sampling etc...

• @AudioGus said:
    Losing multi-track recordings would be sad. :( Especially in the era of remixes and sampling etc...

Oh thats so true 😧 ...not that UMG would actually release any tracks but imagine if even just a few of those 1980’s artists got the rights to all their music 35 years later and decided to make it available for sampling.

• edited June 2019

@AudioGus said:
    I think a lot of artists were looking into doing this but discovering they could not now. There was simply too much material to undertake a massive digital archive project from the studio and it seems they were sitting on a Tarantinoesque powder keg..

Yeah I disagree. If they are a massive music group, they should know that their only asset is... the music. Companies like that should not only be doing archives, they should be pushing the boundaries of researching digital music archive technology. I guess we just hope they get massively sued and become an example to other publishers not to be as careless, even if it seems like a waste of their time and money.

• edited June 2019

@Hmtx said:

@AudioGus said:

Yeah I disagree.

With what?

Their asset in the age of dead album sales is pushing the new thing.

Transfering old analog formats (and there are likely many varieties) to digital is not simply hitting play on a standard tape machine and record on a computer. There are huge expenses technically from an engineering point of view and from an administrative point of view how you even go through and catalog and prioritize it. This would have been a monumental undertaking likely costing way more than was practically possible. Who would have said 'OK gang, even though pushing the next here today gone tomorow instatube star is our cash cow lets preserve these old recordings from back catalogs that barely sell anymore in the hopes that we may one day make a reissue.' That just would not be possible to push in a company.

• @AudioGus said:
    With what?

With this:

There was simply too much material to undertake a massive digital archive project from the studio

That would be like a bank saying “well we got too much money, and that made it impossible to keep track of everyone’s money”

UMG was entrusted with a massive amount of material and it was their responsibility to keep it safe.

• @Hmtx said:

@AudioGus said:
    With what?

With this:

There was simply too much material to undertake a massive digital archive project from the studio

That would be like a bank saying “well we got too much money, and that made it impossible to keep track of everyone’s money”

UMG was entrusted with a massive amount of material and it was their responsibility to keep it safe.

Agreed. It sucks. Sounds like they are liable. Unlike a bank though they likely won't get a bailout and it could just sink them (maybe, beats me). My point was not that they are exempt from responsibility but that it seemed like an inevitable catastrophe and anyone internally clamoring for a safe digital archive would have been shut down with corporate resistance. Will other companies now take the initiative? Mayhaps.

• @AudioGus yep. I hear ya.

• @brambos said:
    And that is why video sucks and written information is infinitely superior.

I like this bad assed statement.

• @AudioGus said:

@brambos said:

What he said...

I may have just spit out coffee (which I shouldn't be drinking at this time of day).