Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumafusion 2 update

is here :)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lumafusion-pro-video-editing-and-effects/id1062022008

NEW

• Number of tracks doubled! 6 video/audio and 6 audio tracks.

(Preview performance with more than 3 tracks of video is dependent on device model)

• New Streamlined UI with all new vector icons, and improved workflows.

• New Timeline Overview makes it quick and easy to see your whole project and jump to a specific edit.

• New shuttle control (press-and-hold the Play button) to scrub at different rates to find the perfect frame.

• Add markers with colors and comments to quickly find important times in your projects and media

• Track Headers with track locking, hide and mute, and track link/unlink

• Popup Help makes it easier to find out what and where all the tools are.

• External Display, including layouts that give you more space on your device for editing

• Support for GNARBOX 2.0 SSD, as well as improvements for GNARBOX 1.0

IMPROVED

• Photos library fully supports nested Folders in Album and new Media Types group.

• User-saved styles now include fonts

• Improved performance during scrolling and playback

• Easily trim clips on overwrite tracks that have attached transitions

FIXED

• Trimming the head of a linked clip will no longer re-link to a different clip, so it's much easier to do a J-cut

• Dozens of bugs have been fixed and workflow and performance improvements

Comments

• nice 🙂

• It's great so far and external display works too, excellent update :)

• Wow 6 tracks!!

• Brilliant, looking forward to using this more when the external file storage functionality arrives.

• edited June 2019

Shucky Darn, I've just posted a video to my YouTube channel using LumaFusion v1 :neutral:

And then, this one pops up!!

• Does this version have multiple clip selection or copy/paste?

• edited June 2019

Updated and now it crashes upon opening. Hard reboot of my iPad and still nothing. I don’t want to delete and reinstall the app because I have projects I don’t believe were ever backed up. So, yay I’m screwed.

• @nic_b_nice said:
    Updated and now it crashes upon opening. Hard reboot of my iPad and still nothing. I don’t want to delete and reinstall the app because I have projects I don’t believe were ever backed up. So, yay I’m screwed.

Maybe you can make a backup via the File Manager?

• LumaFusion is stellar. Looking forward to trying out the new features.

• edited June 2019

Warning! Buggy!!

I occasionally get an error message that says unable to generate thumbnail and then the project hangs on this and I need to restart the app...

• I guess some bugs are inevitable, hopefully there'll be a quick .1 fix

• edited June 2019

So, it was good that I posted my new cover song video using the stable, old version, huh?

I got lucky! That's very comforting...

• edited June 2019

My only question, does it render faster (and using multi-core)?
    Even my old i5 Windows machine renders much faster than this. It annoys me that Apple A series processors are so powerfull but all video editors don't use their multi-core potential.

• @nic_b_nice said:

What OS are you on?

• edited June 2019

That’s annoying as I just bought it yesterday as they said it was going to increase to $29.99 when the new version was released.

• Yeah, kind of a strange move on their part.. perhaps it's only for today?
    I do recall a price increase was just around the corner with the release of version 2.0.
    For what this app is capable of on an iPad, it really is a steal at $20 + even $30.

• Yes agree it’s worth the money but it’s not very professional when they tell everyone that the price will increase and then they drop it.

• Excellent update

• edited June 2019

@Carnbot said:

@Mark B said:
    Yes agree it’s worth the money but it’s not very professional when they tell everyone that the price will increase and then they drop it.

Yeah it's annoying when that happens. Maybe it was a mistake as they said release date is today so perhaps they didn't realise it would get approved yesterday....Although it's better when bigger companies give warnings on increases/ decreases.

• @Mark B said:
    That’s annoying as I just bought it yesterday as they said it was going to increase to $29.99 when the new version was released.

Seems to be one of the benefits/annoyances with the app world. On the one hand I've enjoyed a lot of good sales, on the other, more expensive apps I've purchased have then been slashed in price, even made free a few weeks later.

Swings and roundabouts, but it is painful when it happens.

• @nic_b_nice said:

I had this very recently when updating to beta2 ( i had important projects so i was very late to install this beta, so late the appstore version came out a day later! )
    it was to do with having a clip from photos app that was only 2 or 3 frames long.. was ok, in v1.7 but because that project was open in the app before updating it kept crashing on opening..
    fortunately i still had time to re-install the non beta v1.7 and remove the offending clip..
    that’s not going to be possible for you i guess, BUT if you get in touch with chris or androum at luma they could put you on the beta and a new version might solve this problem without you erasing yr projects
    ( to be fair they did warn to back up old projects from 1.7 before updating to 2 due to possible incompatibilities )
    i am only just reporting this crash and I think I will suggest something like the cubasis thing in ‘settings’ where you can get the app to open with a blank project with no media in it to help with cases like this..

• edited June 2019

@Pierre118 said:

@nic_b_nice said:

Thanks I did but looks like the old projects don’t play well with 2.0.
    Deleted and installed LF and was able to get it working again, but I then uploaded an old project and it crashed and now again I can’t open LF because it crashes every time upon opening.

Sucks cause I had one project that I really cared about. Oh well, live and learn! I was just so excited for 2.0 I hit the update button like a boy on Christmas unwrapping his first present.

@realdawei said:

@nic_b_nice said:

What OS are you on?

11.4.1 2nd gen iPad Pro

@RockySmalls said:

@nic_b_nice said:

I had this very recently when updating to beta2 ( i had important projects so i was very late to install this beta, so late the appstore version came out a day later! )
    it was to do with having a clip from photos app that was only 2 or 3 frames long.. was ok, in v1.7 but because that project was open in the app before updating it kept crashing on opening..
    fortunately i still had time to re-install the non beta v1.7 and remove the offending clip..
    that’s not going to be possible for you i guess, BUT if you get in touch with chris or androum at luma they could put you on the beta and a new version might solve this problem without you erasing yr projects
    ( to be fair they did warn to back up old projects from 1.7 before updating to 2 due to possible incompatibilities )
    i am only just reporting this crash and I think I will suggest something like the cubasis thing in ‘settings’ where you can get the app to open with a blank project with no media in it to help with cases like this..

Thanks. At this point I’m not going to worry about lost projects as there was only one I cared about. I can always give it another go. Thanks for the response.

• @nic_b_nice said:

@Pierre118 said:

@nic_b_nice said:

Deleted and installed LF and was able to get it working again, but I then uploaded an old project and it crashed and now again I can’t open LF because it crashes every time upon opening.

Sucks cause I had one project that I really cared about. Oh well, live and learn! I was just so excited for 2.0 I hit the update button like a boy on Christmas unwrapping his first present.

@realdawei said:

@nic_b_nice said:

What OS are you on?

11.4.1 2nd gen iPad Pro

@RockySmalls said:

@nic_b_nice said:

Thanks. At this point I’m not going to worry about lost projects as there was only one I cared about. I can always give it another go. Thanks for the response.

If you haven't already reported the problem to the LF developers, please do. The more users they hear from, the more likely they are to address the compatibility issues.

• @nic_b_nice said:

@Pierre118 said:

@nic_b_nice said:

@realdawei said:

@nic_b_nice said:

What OS are you on?

11.4.1 2nd gen iPad Pro

@RockySmalls said:

@nic_b_nice said:

I just checked out the Luma Touch forums. It sounds like the crashes with old projects might be specific to iOS 11.x. I have written to the devs to see if they can shed light on this.

• I just heard back from the developers. No one has reported crashes to them with the new version. So, please let them know.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I just heard back from the developers. No one has reported crashes to them with the new version. So, please let them know.

Ok thanks for your replies!

• I haven't noticed any issues or crashes launching or opening old projects in LF v2 on iOS 12

• @MobileMusic said:
    I haven't noticed any issues or crashes launching or opening old projects in LF v2 on iOS 12

That's good to know.

Anyone else?