Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preferred app for learning tunes i.e. slow it down, loop sections, etc?

Hi there,

I've got lots of music software (tons actually!) loaded on my iPad, but I'm wondering which app you guys most prefer to learn tunes with i.e. being able to slow it down, loop sections, change the pitch, etc. Also I have a PC laptop and I would like to ask the same question. I'm sure most DAW's can accommodate this task, but I'd prefer something without all the distracting bells and whistles. I recall that Riffsation, and Amazing Slow Downer are two popular candidates, and I am sure a number of my apps on my iPad can do this, but I’d still like to know what you guys use when learning new tunes.

Comments

• Chord tracker on iOS.
    Midilicious to check what I’m playing (but you can buy video lessons if you want).

More focused on keys than strings but the first has also string notation.

• Anytune Pro is my go-to transcription tool. Does everything you could possibility need including isolating instruments via its ReFrame technology.

• I use Anytune Pro as well. As a comeback trumpeter my reading isn’t as good as it was so to learn tunes for our community band I use the app to slow down recordings by a certain % to play along to. Then notch it up until I’m on it. It has the bells and whistles if you want it but once you get used to the interface it’s a great app. Recommended.

• I am using AudioStretch. Really simple. It has all the features you mentioned. I was lucky to get the full version at a very cheap price a few years back ($1.99 if I remember). There is a fee version, so you can try and see if it fits your needs.

• Anytune is good. I like you can save markers, and name sections of the song, and there's a spot for notes/lyrics. Easy to navigate the song with the marker list, loop sections.

AudioStretch is good for slowing things down, it has a very nice stretching algorithm.

• Love Anytune app! Used it last night for one of our worship songs which I was able to change the pitch and even the playback speed of the song allowing me to learn it.

@onkey said:
    Anytune Pro is my go-to transcription tool. Does everything you could possibility need including isolating instruments via its ReFrame technology.

• edited June 2019

Thanks everyone! I'm a guitar player (mostly) and I have an iPad with Yonac Tonestack, Jamup Pro, etc. but I'm not sure how well these would do compared to for example Anytune Pro+. Thoughts?

• Another vote for Anytune Pro. I’m a bass player and it’s great for slowing the tempo down so I can pull some of those tricky runs out of there.
    Yamaha Chord tracker is also real good for changing keys to match your singing range and displaying guitar or piano chords.

• +1 for AudioStretch. All controls are immediately available, and you can tap anywhere on the screen for start/stop. It also works with video!

Avoid Capo Touch unless you enjoy having to open a menu every time you want to change the tiniest thing. A shame, as otherwise it's great, and has external keyboard shortcuts.

• edited June 2019

+1 for AudioStretch

• I use Amazing Slow Downer which works great although it might be a little old now.

It doesn't have the waveform representation but still loops and slows down, saves presets etc.

Not sure why but I could never get used to Anytune Pro.

• Anytune Pro or Amazing Slow Downer work pretty well.