Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: synth stands? (DIY/IKEA hacks/3D print)

In the past I've made some nice stands for my Mk.I and Mk.II Electribes using IKEA parts.

Now I'm looking at creative stands for smaller boxes, like Volcas and the 0-Coast.
Does anyone have any interesting DIY tips, IKEA hacks, 3D print models for little synths like that?

Comments

• I followed these instructions on instructables for my Volcas. I doubled the middle part of the stand to fit four Volcas. Really easy to do.

• This instructable is the good choice.
    If you want to prototype your ideas, you could go the Lego way, @brambos

btw, do you have any pics of your electribe stands?
    Been thinking of building one like modular racks :lol:

• Oh... btw, I built a Lego stand for my iPad Mini. Ended up using it definitely

• @senhorlampada said:
    btw, do you have any pics of your electribe stands?
    Been thinking of building one like modular racks :lol:

This is not my video, but I made exactly this one. Perfect angle and size for Electribes.

• I used a pair of large rubber doorstops for my O Coast

• @brambos said:
    This is not my video, but I made exactly this one. Perfect angle and size for Electribes.

Thanks, mate!

@BroCoast said:
    I used a pair of large rubber doorstops for my O Coast

:lol:
    Simple and effective

• @BroCoast said:

Does that give sufficient friction to avoid sliding around?

• @BroCoast said:

Genius !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@BroCoast said:

Genius !

@AndyPlankton said:

@BroCoast said:

Genius !

good idea, and portable too :)

• @Carnbot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@BroCoast said:

Genius !

good idea, and portable too :)

And...if you're gigging, you can use them to hold the doors open while you drag your kit in and out :)

• I like the stands by Cremacaffè: https://cremacaffe.shop but much cheaper are the small guitar stands like this one

• Hi

Check this one!

I did it and it is supereasy!

• @AlexB said:
    Hi

Check this one!

That looks like a good idea. Thanks for the tip!! Seems easy enough I could do it.

Now, I just have to get to IKEA. It’s way over on the other side of town... I kind of need to get a new computer/music desk anyway. While I’m there I guess get vegetarian neat balls and Lingonberry Jam.

• @AlexB said:
    Hi

Check this one!

I did it and it is

This is
    I keep this thread on my radar ;)

• There is an O-Coast stand on thingiverse. I printed it and it works fine.

• edited May 2019

I have a collection with all the thingies I found in the library. It’s not updated since a month ago or so... maybe new things appeared and obviously there are lots I saw but didn’t add to it, most related to synth due I’m not a huge fan of all the modular madness BUT you can find what you want in related things. I found lots using that technique.

https://www.thingiverse.com/Dubbylabby/collections/music

An example...

• @brambos said:

@BroCoast said:

Does that give sufficient friction to avoid sliding around?

Yeah. You could always rough them up a bit if they're too shiny/slippery.

Gives the angle I like to match the Minitaur:

• Just knocked up a couple of stands for some of my stuff. Need a little bit of tidying up, but happy enough for a few hours work.

• @AlexB said:
    Hi

Check this one!

That is an excellent idea.

You can also construct a very sturdy stand using a sufficient amount of corrugated cardboard from any spare boxes laying around. Some creative cutting and gluing will save you even more money. It won't look great, but it will work.