Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Traktor DJ 2

2»

Comments

• This thread was a ride. Traktor 2 really was appalling wasn’t it. @gjcyrus i believe Algoriddim’s DJay works on iPhone and it is a hell of a lot of fun.

• I would rather they had put their effort into updating iMaschine.

• I miss the phone version too, done many an impromptu party with it actually. I keep hoping they bring the new iPad version to the iPhone too, it's way better than Traktor 2 used to be.

• I never meshed with Traktor 2. I still use the first version often. Weird that they only really changed how you can get music onto your mix and made the interface a little more modern and didnt improve the fx at all or add features, NI has made odd decisions in the last couple years and this iteration felt like an afterthought and a bit rushed in general.

• @gjcyrus said:
    Sorry to bump this older thread but is there no longer ANY Traktor for iPhone? I used to love the iPhone version. I still don’t understand why a developer won’t make an iPhone version and only focus on iPad when part of the appeal for me at least is the ability to tinker on my iPhone when I’m taking a crapper (yeah I said it) Otherwise I’ll just use my actual laptop for any serious stuff.

Sucks

Forget about NI, they totally ignore iOS, Traktor 2 is very lame DJing app anyway.
    Go with DJ Player Pro (a bit weird UI but good pricing) or Algoriddim DJay. This is how Traktor for iOS was supposed to be like, they have real features, even a lot of features totally beating desktop Traktor, both are very deep, we'll made apps, regularly updated.
    I am afraid NI is slowly dying when it comes to software, they were on the top some time ago but last 5-7 years they did virtually no progress, just milking their well-established products.

• I want to create a playlist for DJ2 so songs are presented in an order of my choosing. I understand you can’t manually change the order of a playlist within the IOS Music app. If I sync my iPad to iTunes on my PC & rearrange the order of songs, will they stay in this order on both my iPad & DJ2?

• Yes, if you change the order and then resync your playlist to the iPad it will keep the new song order.

• @Tarekith Thanks mate 😊

• So I want to talk about possibilities for DJ2 & iPad. I’ve been using it for 3 months with the Z1 & great combo for learning to DJ, played by 1st set last night on a decent system & went down well.

Firstly I am only wanting to use the iPad platform no laptop setup. I’ve been using AUM & NS2 for years if just works for me. Preferably I would like to use Rekordbox app with compatible XDJ-700/1000 though not affordable right now.
    I’m thinking of a budget setup possibility of expanding the DJ2/Z1 setup.

1. Is there a way of running two instances of DJ2 through Audiobus/AUM?
    2. I thought I saw somewhere that you can integrate IAA effects apps using the Z1 into a DJ2 mix?
    3. Could you use two iPads both loaded with DJ2 using two Z1’s effectively having 4 channels & be able sync all channels? Or one iPad/Z1 combo running DJ2 & another iPad running AUM with Korg nanoKontrol mixer & all synced?

Using currently iPad Air2 & contemplate getting another as they’re affordable & been dependable for my needs. 2nd hand Z1’s also affordable.

• It’s ok I’ve surrendered to laptop & Traktor Pro 3. With the addition of the X1 can be mouseless effectively what I was after. And with further addition of F1 can introduce sampling/stems etc.
    Just learnt DJ2 doesn’t support metadata sync unlike DJ & that is just so fucked up!

• Hi @Gryphon

I thought it might be worth mentioning, in case you didn’t know already, that if you subscribe to DJ Pro you can get up to four decks.