Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton 10.1 released

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Yeah man I wish Ableton would do more discounts on the Push. It’s been out for a while. I’ve w2nted one forever but $1000CAD is tough to swallow for a controller
    I guess a cheap push1 is always alternative. I don’t see too many of the Push2 on Craigslist sadly.

Yeah I quite fancy one too.

I only saw them discount it once. I was lucky enough to pick one up then...

• edited June 2019

@rthr said:

@MonzoPro said:

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Yeah man I wish Ableton would do more discounts on the Push. It’s been out for a while. I’ve w2nted one forever but $1000CAD is tough to swallow for a controller
    I guess a cheap push1 is always alternative. I don’t see too many of the Push2 on Craigslist sadly.

Yeah I quite fancy one too.

I only saw them discount it once. I was lucky enough to pick one up then...

I was offered one second hand for a ridiculously low price a few months ago, but I passed because I didn't have Ableton. Kicking myself now...

• I've always wanted a Push they look great, still might get one some day. But I bought a second hand Livid base. It's fun but hasn't stuck as a controller I use a lot and I still end up using the ipad more, feeding stuff into Ableton. I wonder if the Push would be in use more from me.

• @Carnbot said:
    I've always wanted a Push they look great, still might get one some day. But I bought a second hand Livid base. It's fun but hasn't stuck as a controller I use a lot and I still end up using the ipad more, feeding stuff into Ableton. I wonder if the Push would be in use more from me.

I’ve got my eye on Touchable Pro, probably grab that if there’s a sale.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    I've always wanted a Push they look great, still might get one some day. But I bought a second hand Livid base. It's fun but hasn't stuck as a controller I use a lot and I still end up using the ipad more, feeding stuff into Ableton. I wonder if the Push would be in use more from me.

I’ve got my eye on Touchable Pro, probably grab that if there’s a sale.

it is really good and deep, haven't really used it to it's full potential yet though. :)

• edited June 2019

Touchable Pro does certain things than a Push so if you are not using your iPad while using Ableton or have a spare one, definitely go it.

I still have Push 1. Push 2 didn't feel like enough of an upgrade and it came out not that much after I bought Push 1 + Suite. So it wasn't for me at the same time. Akai Force looks like a proper Push 3 but can't justify the cost for myself.

• Got a push 1 a few months ago
    I absolutely love it, I used to have a launch pad, mini which was great.
    But the push work flow is great for me, I have a touch screen awsome dell laptop, side by side works great.
    But with the push, I bearly need to look or touch Ableton.
    God I love it
    Just my opinion, best £100 I have ever spent

• What about the Maschine Jam? I’ve heard that makes a nice Ableton controller when added 3rd party Script is installed. Anybody currently using one to control Ableton?

• @jjkjjk said:

@Carnbot said:
    Ableton Live is 25% off til Tuesday :)

Is this pretty much their best deal, or do they discount deeper at other times of year?

Well, I don’t know why, but year ago I got a 50% off offer to upgrade my Suite from 9 to 10.
    After some hesitation I pulled the trigger and enjoying v10 ever since.

• Finally picked up Ableton Suite from Standard with the deal that’s on.

Can anyone recommend any good M4L midi, audio devices ?

• edited June 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Finally picked up Ableton Suite from Standard with the deal that’s on.

Can anyone recommend any good M4L midi, audio devices ?

No, but I was wondering about all that too - haven’t really explored the Max stuff.

Loving Live though, it’s really clicked with what I do, though I’ll still use Reason occasionally for less ‘loop’ based tracks.

• Convolution Reverb and the LFO modules are excellent.

• There's lots of amazing Max for Live devices especially sequencers like Probability Pack now included in Suite. Also Tricky Traps, also by Sonic Faction who created Probability Pack.

Anything by Max for Cats. Devices by skinnerbox are fun too.

• Great info on the M4L modules thanks.

I picked up chordio4L by codecave yesterday. Great Expressive chorder device can highly recommend.

https://gumroad.com/l/IUkS

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Great info on the M4L modules thanks.

I picked up chordio4L by codecave yesterday. Great Expressive chorder device can highly recommend.

Ah...I'm still exploring the included stuff, but looks like there's a whole lot more stuff out there to enjoy at some point :)

• The place to look for Max for Live addons is http://maxforlive.com/

In recent years a lot of hobbyist developers are attempting to charge for their creations but the pricing tends to be within iOS pricing expectations so when you're taking a risk on something you're not risking much. However it's easy to tell the better developers through their community interaction, frequency of updates etc.

There's still tremendous amount of fantastic content available as free downloads, and don't be afraid to download stuff that hasn't been updated in many years, some of it is still killer content (you'll generally be able to tell by historic activity and download stats).

Having said all that be sure to download all the bundled stuff from Ableton for Suite owners. That alone will provide many months of learning; especially if you're up to the challenge of digging into Max itself (start with the included tutorials as it's nicely paced and covers all the bases). With a little bit of Max nous, you'll soon be able to 'hack' your M4L downloads to more personalised use cases. That's the real valuable side of Max4Live to me. There's very little that hasn't been attempted by somebody at some point (and uploaded to Maxforlive.com) so you will often find great started points for your own Max4Live adventures.

Max audio plugins can be a little too CPU intensive so be sure that C++ compiled alternatives aren't available (for free or at a reasonable price) but if you're interested in learning a few DSP chops, the Max community are very generous so the Max forums can be a good place to start on that journey. As long as you launch Max from within Live, you'll never have to purchase a separate license, but if you catch the Max bug, Cycling 74 offer great value crossgrade licenses.

• @jonmoore said:
    The place to look for Max for Live addons is http://maxforlive.com/

In recent years a lot of hobbyist developers are attempting to charge for their creations but the pricing tends to be within iOS pricing expectations so when you're taking a risk on something you're not risking much. However it's easy to tell the better developers through their community interaction, frequency of updates etc.

There's still tremendous amount of fantastic content available as free downloads, and don't be afraid to download stuff that hasn't been updated in many years, some of it is still killer content (you'll generally be able to tell by historic activity and download stats).

Having said all that be sure to download all the bundled stuff from Ableton for Suite owners. That alone will provide many months of learning; especially if you're up to the challenge of digging into Max itself (start with the included tutorials as it's nicely paced and covers all the bases). With a little bit of Max nous, you'll soon be able to 'hack' your M4L downloads to more personalised use cases. That's the real valuable side of Max4Live to me. There's very little that hasn't been attempted by somebody at some point (and uploaded to Maxforlive.com) so you will often find great started points for your own Max4Live adventures.

Max audio plugins can be a little too CPU intensive so be sure that C++ compiled alternatives aren't available (for free or at a reasonable price) but if you're interested in learning a few DSP chops, the Max community are very generous so the Max forums can be a good place to start on that journey. As long as you launch Max from within Live, you'll never have to purchase a separate license, but if you catch the Max bug, Cycling 74 offer great value crossgrade licenses.

@johnmoore Thank you for that a well worth read. I've bookmarked the site for further reading. I assume Max 8 will eventually get added in a Ableton Live update.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@jonmoore said:

@johnmoore Thank you for that a well worth read. I've bookmarked the site for further reading. I assume Max 8 will eventually get added in a Ableton Live update.

Max 8 is already in Ableton Live 10.1, it's just a slightly older point level version. 8.03 vs 8.05 I believe, I'm working from memory here as I'm out having Sunday lunch right now - and really need to put my phone away before my better half returns from the bar! :)

• @jonmoore said:

Thanks for the link, will check that out :)

• @Jumpercollins said:

The way that works reminds me of @wim 's Mozaic script - the chord strumming thing. That was triggered by a sequencer, but maybe that could be adapted to respond to single keyed notes.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

The way that works reminds me of @wim 's Mozaic script - the chord strumming thing. That was triggered by a sequencer, but maybe that could be adapted to respond to single keyed notes.

@MonzoPro Yes it’s similar to @wim script The Chordulator ! Here is a early beta version of it in action. It’s become more refined since this video came out.

• These freeze racks from Sonic State are pretty neat aswell.

https://sonicstate.com/shop/fm/

• edited June 2019

Fabrizio Poce has created some of my favorites as well, including bass and chord midi generators.

http://fabriziopoce.com/download.html

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hi Monzo. It does respond to keyed notes - I just used the sequencer in the intro video to avoid fumbling around playing notes while I made it, and to show how a fixed sequence could be altered.

• @wim said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Hi Monzo. It does respond to keyed notes - I just used the sequencer in the intro video to avoid fumbling around playing notes while I made it, and to show how a fixed sequence could be altered.

Ah nice one! I might have a go at triggering Live with it at some point.

• edited June 2019

@nondes said:
    There's lots of amazing Max for Live devices especially sequencers like Probability Pack now included in Suite. Also Tricky Traps, also by Sonic Faction who created Probability Pack.

Anything by Max for Cats. Devices by skinnerbox are fun too.

Nice... seems like M4L came a long way since..

If there’s any solution to Ableton’s lame ‘Capture and Insert’, I am sold (again).. A nice ‘Snapshot’ app like the now discontinued ‘Kapture Pad’ (Liine), will make Live and my iPad the perfect tool..

• @RajahP just curious... what’s lame about Ableton’s capture and insert?

• @DCJ said:
    @RajahP just curious... what’s lame about Ableton’s capture and insert?

Almost everything’.. from where the ‘scenes’ are placed.. to how the scenes are captured..
    It should not be that difficult to capture a scene and have it stored.. it should be as easy as this..

• At least, Ableton now has capture, heh. Actually I've been enjoying thoroughly since it came out. Yeah, sometimes you need undo because it replaced an existing instead inserting a new one. Copy, Paste, Undo.

• Picked up this great chord progression M4L device today called J74 progressive.

Having some super workflow improvements with it inside Ableton.

Would love to see a device like this come to iOS or at least some of the functions from it.

@TonalityApp @blueveek

Now if Tonality and Atom Piano Roll had a baby!