Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a sequencer that’s as good as the Squarp Pyramid ?

Desktop or otherwise? Not the Toraiz Squid.. No inputting notes from a keyboard.

Comments

• Yamaha Rm1x & rs7000 are both better for my purposes (and very similar to square in some respects). Form factor kinda sucks (both are big), and connectivity is outdated (floppy disks, smart media, scsi). But in practice they are both super intuitive, have loads of hands-on control, visual feedback, and immediacy. My rs7000 is the one thing that will never leave my setup. (I sold my first, immediately regretted it, and just got another in the past year). Still can’t convince myself that the square offers any real advantages.

• edited May 2019

Oh the Squarp definitely does.. Euclidean rhythms, all sorts of midi fx.. Arps, midi echo... no comparison. The 7000 has sampling and loop remix though.. So surprising it never caught on.. You have a Squarp, correct? Also the rs7000 kills Squarp if only in terms of ppq resolution

• Fully expecting Yamaha to do a complete redux on this units though . Logical next step..

• Had a squarp. Found the Yamahas to be better in terms of workflow and features (as far as my needs are concerned). I’m not big on left field sequencing like that Euclidean stuff so it did t do anything for me in that regard.

I just found the Yamahas to be MUCH faster. If only they had something more akin to the pyramid form factor and connectivity....

• Ok thanks👍

• edited May 2019

OP-Z is a heck of a lot of fun with any piece of gear fwiw.

• Ok. That video is crazy. Really interesting. OP-Z re-enters the charts!

• The deluge has a very good sequencer

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Deluge gets more raves than any instrument ever. OPZ-1 is just too “steppe” for me . I like the Toraiz Squid the best but it’s just too limited.All in all I think Sqiarp wins. If only Xequence allowed odd bars .