Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MOZAIC - Create your own AU MIDI plugins - OUT NOW!

Comments

• edited August 2023

Hi guys.

I have a annoying problem with mozaic texteditor ( code page ) .

For example , I have many lines of code in a script in mozaic, And I'm working on one of the lines of code in the middle of the page.

After editing codes i press upload button , mozaic switch to log page automatically , if i press showGUI button and after press code button, mozaic go to the top of codepage unwanted and i I lose the last line I was editing.

But IF i press Upload button and after the switching to log page automatically i press code button AGAIN and THEN press showGUI Button , This problem does not occur.

That means I should always be careful , before pressing showGUI button, press code page button , So that I don't lose the last line I was editing.

questions:

1, Is this problem from the ios text editor ? Or from mozaic code editor ?

2, Are you also facing this problem? I want to know if this problem is from the ios side, is this problem fixed in the new updates or not because I have ios version 15.7

• wimwim
    edited August 2023

@pejman said:

Sorry, I don’t know the answer.
    Can you clarify? Do you just lose your editing place in the file or is the line actually lost - missing in the file?

2, Are you also facing this problem? I want to know if this problem is from the ios side, is this problem fixed in the new updates or not because I have ios version 15.7

I do all my editing in Textastic, so I don’t experience what you’ve described. But I can say without a doubt that iOS version has no influence.

• I’ve never lost code after tapping upload. Does this happen with any script or only very long ones?

Can you demonstrate the issue by doing a screen recording and sharing it ? (Upload to YouTube as unlisted then share a link here).

• @wim

@wim said:

@pejman said:

Can you clarify? Do you just lose your place in the file or is the line actually lost?

I'm losing the position of my lines of code, for example I am on line 450, but the mozaic goes to the beginning of the code line with the steps I said

• @pejman said:
    @wim

@wim said:

@pejman said:

Can you clarify? Do you just lose your place in the file or is the line actually lost?

I'm losing the position of my lines of code, for example I am on line 450, but the mozaic goes to the beginning of the code line with the steps I said

I don’t think Mozaic’s editor was intended for editing long scripts. I recommend using a text editor like Textastic for long scripts. @_ki even created a syntax file for it so that it does syntax coloring and checking.

I personally don’t have an expectation that Mozaic’s editor will stay scrolled to where it was after I upload a script.

• edited August 2023

@espiegel123 , @wim

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:
    @wim

@wim said:

@pejman said:

I don’t think Mozaic’s editor was intended for editing long scripts. I recommend using a text editor like Textastic for long scripts. @_ki even created a syntax file for it so that it does syntax coloring and checking.

When I have to test the code I've written so many times and see the result in the GUI, I have to edit it in mozaic itself.

I personally don’t have an expectation that Mozaic’s editor will stay scrolled to where it was after I upload a script.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I don't mean to upload the script file, I mean the using green upload button

IF i press Upload button and after the switching to log page automatically, i press code button AGAIN and THEN press showGUI Button , This problem does not occur and Mozaic’s editor will stay scrolled to where it was after I press upload button, Even if my lines are too many.

• @pejman said:
    @espiegel123 , @wim

@espiegel123 said:

@pejman said:
    @wim

@wim said:

@pejman said:

When I have to test the code I've written so many times and see the result in the GUI, I have to edit it in mozaic itself.

As wim mentioned, for longer scripts, the Mozaic editor isn't very satisfactory (but Mozaic wasn't originally really intended for the kinds of long scripts many of us write). So, when it is frustrating to use its script editor many of us use Textastic. It is a few extra steps because of the copy/paste needed to move the text between textastic and Mozaic BUT editing is so much better in TexTastic that overall, time is saved working in TexTastic.

I think you misunderstood what I meant, I don't mean to upload the script file, I mean the using green upload button

IF i press Upload button and after the switching to log page automatically, i press code button AGAIN and THEN press showGUI Button , This problem does not occur and Mozaic’s editor will stay scrolled to where it was after I press upload button, Even if my lines are too many.

I understood what you meant. As I said, I don't have the expectation that Mozaic will remember where I was scrolled to. While this sounds like a bug, it doesn't seem like something likely to change.

• edited August 2023

Hello,
    Balance between white and black keys.
    I have an Alesis vi61 masterkeyboard and I really like its capabilities, however, there is a difficulty when playing parts that require dynamic differences (piano type) - the black keys play too loud, and I am wondering if it is possible to use MOZAIC to equalize the balance between the white and black keys. Or has anyone already tried to do this?

SOLVED (look below)

• wimwim
    edited August 2023

@VoytecG said:
    Hello,
    I have an Alesis vi61 masterkeyboard and I really like its capabilities, however, there is a difficulty when playing parts that require dynamic differences (piano type) - the black keys play too loud, and I am wondering if it is possible to use MOZAIC to equalize the balance between the white and black keys. Or has anyone already tried to do this?

I don't think there's a script for that. Here's one that should work, I think.

@Description
    Set the White (W) and Black (B) key velocity scaling factor using the knobs.
    @End

@OnLoad
      if Unassigned init
        pctWhite = 100
        pctBlack = 100
        for knob = 0 to 21
          SetKnobValue knob,0
          LabelKnob knob,{ }
        endfor
        SetKnobValue 0,(TranslateScale pctWhite,1,100,0,127)
        SetKnobValue 1,(TranslateScale pctBlack,1,100,0,127)
        LabelKnob 0,{W: }, pctWhite, {%}
        LabelKnob 1,{B: }, pctBlack, {%}
        LabelKnobs {White / Black Key Velocity Balance}
      endif
    @End

@OnMidiNoteOn
      note = MIDINote % 12
      if note = 1 or note = 3 or note = 6 or note = 8 or note = 10
        velocity = Round (MIDIVelocity * pctBlack * 0.01)
      else
        velocity = Round (MIDIVelocity * pctWhite * 0.01)
      endif
      SendMIDINoteOn MIDIChannel,MIDINote,velocity
    @End

@OnMidiInput
      if MidiCommand <> 0x90
        SendMidiThru
      endif
    @End

@OnSysex
      SendSysexThru
    @End

@OnKnobChange
      knob = LastKnob
      value = GetKnobValue knob

if knob = 0
        pctWhite = Round (TranslateScale value,0,127,1,100)
        LabelKnob 0,{W: }, pctWhite, {%}
      elseif knob = 1
        pctBlack = TranslateScale value,0,127,1,100
        Labelknob 1,{B: }, pctBlack, {%}
      endif
    @End

• @wim said:

@VoytecG said:
    Hello,

I don't think there's a script for that. Here's one that should work, I think.

Hello @wim, thank you very much, problem solved! Now I can use more variety of sound on my Alesis keys.

• Hi everyone

Is the limited number of LFOs in the mozaic related to the number of channels, It means that since there are 16 channels, they are also 16 ?

Could mozaic have more than her 16 LFOs? And what is the reason that it does not have more than this number ?

I need a lot of LFOs in my script. At least 30 lfos for 30 knobs with 30 different speed/rate and that each of them can have their lfo types , And to be able to activate and deactivate them separately.

• @pejman said:
    Hi everyone

Is the limited number of LFOs in the mozaic related to the number of channels, It means that since there are 16 channels, they are also 16 ?

No, it's not related to the number of channels.

Could mozaic have more than her 16 LFOs? And what is the reason that it does not have more than this number ?

It could if the developer decided it was needed and that the performance of the app wouldn't suffer from it. Limitations are usually a tradeoff between performance and what most users need. You have to realize that each LFO consumes some amount of computing power.

I need a lot of LFOs in my script. At least 30 lfos for 30 knobs with 30 different speed/rate and that each of them can have their lfo types , And to be able to activate and deactivate them separately.

Unfortunately that isn't possible unless the developer decides to add more. It wouldn't hurt for you to ask him, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

There are only 22 knobs in mozaic. So I guess you're using some way of creating banks? Sounds complicated.
    Might not two instances of the script, each with 16 knobs/lfo's be a better approach?

(btw, once you set up an LFO it's always running you don't really activate and deactivate them. What you do is stop checking and/or using their values)

• @wim

Very thanks wim for reply

@wim said;

There are only 22 knobs in mozaic. So I guess you're using some way of creating banks? Sounds complicated.

Yes, they are created by banks, but there is a high probability that their number will be even more

Might not two instances of the script, each with 16 knobs/lfo's be a better approach?

Unfortunately, this is not possible for me because it complicates the work for me and makes it difficult to work with 2 scripts , And it's mostly because of the app structure that I'm building this script for.

And unfortunately, I haven’t AUM app and working with cubasis 3 , I can't have two scripts in my window at the same time.

(btw, once you set up an LFO it's always running you don't really activate and deactivate them. What you do is stop checking and/or using their values)

Yes, I know this, I mean to disable their outputs ( values ).

• wimwim
    edited September 2023

@pejman said:

Yes, I know this, I mean to disable their outputs ( values ).

This is my point though. Each running LFO consumes resources. Each time you check those values and do something with them takes even more resources (much more, actually). For smooth operation of the knobs you probably want a short timer interval to trigger the checks. That multiplies the load.

Sorry to say, but I expect having that many LFO and timer operations would either result in excessive CPU use and also in skipped actions when the script can no longer keep up.

• LFOs by themselves are not CPU intensive.

How frequently one samples them (I.e. the timer interval) is the thing that influences performance. In a lot of cases, one doesn’t need super short timer intervals … it really depends on how one is using the LFOs.

Something like Drambo might be a better choice than Mozaic if more than 16 LFO s are needed.

An advanced Mozaic programmer could set up a second Mozaic instance to run the extra LFOs and communicate via Mozaic’s globals…but that might be cumbersome.

• @wim
    @espiegel123

I am currently using 300ms for time interval. Does this amount cause a problem in their LFOs performance while there are a lot of them or not ?

Wim wrote : For smooth operation of the knobs you probably want a short timer interval to trigger the checks. That multiplies the load.

Do you mean by “smooth operation of the knobs” that The turning of the knobs via lfos is from the point of view of GUI ?

espiegel wrote: An advanced Mozaic programmer could set up a second Mozaic instance to run the extra LFOs and communicate via Mozaic’s globals…but that might be cumbersome.

I think I will eventually have to do something like this, but it seems too complicated for me, Because this is causing my script to face serious problems

espiegel wrote; Something like Drambo might be a better choice than Mozaic if more than 16 LFO s are needed.

Can Drumbo act as a midi controller for an app outside of itself, like mozaic ?
    And is it possible to give a name to the knobs or to give a name to the pads , for tracks and patterns , With the form that I need and you are in the process of it ???

• @pejman : a timer interval of 300ms should not cause any issues. That is a low sample rate.

Yes, Drambo can send out midi messages and can ran as a midi auv3 that can also respond to midi input.

The interface would not be the same as the Mozaic script you are working on. You could conceivably use Mozaic together with Drambo though that would require intermediate to advanced Mozaic skills.

• wimwim
    edited September 2023

@pejman said:
    @wim

I am currently using 300ms for time interval. Does this amount cause a problem in their LFOs performance while there are a lot of them or not ?

300ms is a safe timer interval. It shouldn't cause performance degradation unless you're doing a very large number of operations in the event. With 16 LFOs I wouldn't expect any problems. With 30 or more? Maybe. But that's not an option in a single instance of Mozaic anyway.

Wim wrote : For smooth operation of the knobs you probably want a short timer interval to trigger the checks. That multiplies the load.

Do you mean by “smooth operation of the knobs” that The turning of the knobs via lfos is from the point of view of GUI ?

Yes. 300ms is more than a quarter of a second. The knobs will appear to be noticeably jumping and any values they send will jump quite a bit unless the changes in value are very small. If that's OK for your purposes, then your 300ms timer is fine.

• @espiegel123

Have you worked with drambo app?

I've done some research on drambo but can't find anything on specific range for minimum and maximum range of lfo output .
    For example i need to lfo translat scale, minimum range with 20 and maxim with 32 for sending cc for example .

But as far as I understand, drambos lfo has an amount option whose minimum and maximum are balanced, that is, it decreases or increases equally.

In addition, I have already researched about MiRack app, who can also provide us with LFO indefinitely, do you think it can be considered a good option for me?

• @pejman: i have used Drambo. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or fluency of knowledge to quickly explain to you how to accomplish what you want. I am sure that Drambo can do it -- but it might require chaining together a few of its modules. miRack is also an option. No matter what you do, setting up and managing 30 LFOs is going to be some work.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @pejman: i have used Drambo. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or fluency of knowledge to quickly explain to you how to accomplish what you want. I am sure that Drambo can do it -- but it might require chaining together a few of its modules. miRack is also an option. No matter what you do, setting up and managing 30 LFOs is going to be some work.

2 instances of mLFO will get you 32 independent LFOs. It can be used in any DAW that supports MIDI FX.

• @wim
    @espiegel123
    @McD

Thanks for reply and all the tips you gave me. 🙏

• edited September 2023

Hi again.

Is there any text editor app that we can give it two almost identical texts or two scripts and it can reveal the difference between the two texts?

• I mean in ios version.

• A small question related to Mozaic; if you upload to patchstorage some patch that contains Mozaic as a plugin, for instance an AUM session uploaded as an AUM patch, will that patch contain the current script inside Mozaic (I assume so), but not the rest of the Mozaic presets that you have locally? Will it be up to the user who downloads the patch to optionally store this current script as a preset on their system?

• @bleep Yes the script is contained in the AUM session. If the user wants to use it in a different session, he has to save it inside Mozaic or with AUMs AUv3 preset management.

Hint: The default preset name when saving in Mozaic is the one that the author of the script last used in that Mozaic instance - so better save it to a fitting name inside Mozaic and then save the AUM session.

The same applies when exporting .mozaic scripts, these preset files also contain the default name for the next Mozaic preset save. IIRC if that instance didn‘t save a preset before exporting the filename of the script is used (without .mozaic extension)

• edited October 2023

Thanks for the hints @_ki , I’ll keep them in mind when making a Drambo patch.

Btw, I mapped the four Mozaic knobs in Drambo, to have them as modulation targets. Not possible in Mozaic to get better names than Knob 0 - Knob 3? These knobs can’t be named in Drambo (unlike Drambo internal knobs).

Maybe I should add a Knobs module with user-friendly names, connect to these Mozaic knobs and hide the latter, that is doable.

• wimwim
    edited October 2023

@bleep - You can't change the names of the knob AUv3 parameters in Mozaic.

You could add a knobs module and set up named knobs to control the Mozaic knob parameters. If you put all in a rack then you can hide the mozaic module, leaving only your named knobs.

• Yep, just realized that right after typing:) Thanks.