Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for faders : SL Mixface

2»

Comments

• edited March 2020

@cuscolima said:

@DMan said:

@cuscolima said:
    You need a Ipad pro to power the mixface + the keyboard. It doesn’t work with my old ipad 4.

Even with the mixface running on batteries?

You are right, it works on my old iPad if you run on batteries. In fact the iPad is powering the keyboard and the mixface run on its batteries.

Hi, but once it's on batteries and an usb controller is connected to the Mixface... the usb controller starts working over midi bluetooth as well ? Just asking, but I'm afraid no...

• @up4digital said:

@cuscolima said:

@DMan said:

@cuscolima said:
    You need a Ipad pro to power the mixface + the keyboard. It doesn’t work with my old ipad 4.

Even with the mixface running on batteries?

You are right, it works on my old iPad if you run on batteries. In fact the iPad is powering the keyboard and the mixface run on its batteries.

Hi, but once it's on batteries and an usb controller is connected to the Mixface... the usb controller starts working over midi bluetooth as well ? Just asking, but I'm afraid no...

I use that way my iTrack dock with Logic Remote. When I connect the Launchkey to it the midi notes are forwarded by wifi to the host in mac mini (Garageband/Mainstage/Logic)

• @cuscolima said:

@audio_DT said:

@cuscolima said:
    Here it is...nice piece of gear

To confirm, then, this is easy to use with AUM? If so, I’m going to grab it. Looks good.

It is very easy to use mixface with AUM. You can cc whatever you want. In AUM you can then save templates and recall then with all cc correctly configured

Hi @cuscolima, thanks for uploading those little setup pics last year. Just curious if you’re still getting along with the Sl Mixface today and if there was an update for the Bluetooth issue you had.

I checked the manual and it mentions HUI protocol, so I’m hoping it will work on Auria Pro. Have you tried other iPadOS DAWS?

• @Kites said:

@cuscolima said:

@audio_DT said:

@cuscolima said:

To confirm, then, this is easy to use with AUM? If so, I’m going to grab it. Looks good.

It is very easy to use mixface with AUM. You can cc whatever you want. In AUM you can then save templates and recall then with all cc correctly configured

Hi @cuscolima, thanks for uploading those little setup pics last year. Just curious if you’re still getting along with the Sl Mixface today and if there was an update for the Bluetooth issue you had.

I checked the manual and it mentions HUI protocol, so I’m hoping it will work on Auria Pro. Have you tried other iPadOS DAWS?

I have completely forgotten this issue...(I only use the SL Mixface to add automations in my mix). So I have checked right now and seen that there was a new driver (1.0.3) that I have installed. So far so good, I have plugged my Beatstep and everything was ok. I was able to play on the pads via the Mixface and played a synth hosted on AUM. It also works on Beatmaker 3. No chance in Auria but I am not sure the midi learn still work in the different pluggins I have there (Twin 2 for example)

• @cuscolima said:

@Kites said:

@cuscolima said:

@audio_DT said:

@cuscolima said:

I have completely forgotten this issue...(I only use the SL Mixface to add automations in my mix). So I have checked right now and seen that there was a new driver (1.0.3) that I have installed. So far so good, I have plugged my Beatstep and everything was ok. I was able to play on the pads via the Mixface and played a synth hosted on AUM. It also works on Beatmaker 3. No chance in Auria but I am not sure the midi learn still work in the different pluggins I have there (Twin 2 for example)

Good to hear the latest driver is working you! I plan on using it with Beatmaker 3 as well. For Auria I’m able to use a Nanokontrol 2 via Mackie HUI and when the nanokontrol is set to ProTools mode. So I’m just hoping the Mixface can be set on ProTools, and it’ll work on Auria.... right?...

• Ordered anyways. Coming on Monday!

• @Kites said:
    Ordered anyways. Coming on Monday!

Good for you, it’s a very good controller and the quality is top

• @cuscolima said:

@Kites said:
    Ordered anyways. Coming on Monday!

Good for you, it’s a very good controller and the quality is top

Thanks!

I’ll update my Mackie control findings for others when I receive it.