Apartment 23 / Sector 7E

Whilst considered superior apartments in Sector 7, (they are generously sized for any spaceship in the Megafleet ), they have the one drawback of being next to the cargo deck... nowehere is really silent anymore, not even in space.

All inside AUM (kymatica) on iPhone.
Base is a Mixtikl patch generating very low frequency mechanical noise, some harmonics accentuated mixing original signal with 2 other busses one with hpf one with lpf- each of these 3 tracks has a different reverb size.
Next is a field recording of a very noisy sloped travelator pitched down to 1/8th speed, with a very large reverb, these generate the vast booming sounds and strange occasional squeals and more mechanical hum.
Next another field recording - this one of the inside of a refrigerator, pitched up a little, this is fed into adverb/AUFX space, these are the hissing gurgling noises, a smaller reverb space is used here.
One final field recording, this one of an evacuation alarm test at a local shopping mall.... happens at 08.45 every Wednesday. I am happy when I get to catch this as I make a shortcut through the mall as it opens... sometimes recording as I go!
Next up are two synths (Ripplemaker) auto generating two different speed buzzer/alarm sounds.
The last field recording and two other synths have volume modulated by LFOs running at very low frequencies using a sample and hold waveform, to generate some sense of movement and space.

55 minute version link up soon
Created in response to the disquiet Junto project this week.
https://disquiet.com/junto/

Comments

  • I must admit this made me think of "Homer Simpson of Sector 7-G." Really cool story behind this and it sounds great.

  • Wow! You are one creative drone-head! Great ideas and well crafted into the track. The story behind it makes complete sense and I can feel the vibe :)
    Two questions though, did you craft everything together in AUM or is this made by DAW? And: what on earth is „Mixtikl” ;)

    Good night, have to take a nap in my superior apartment 👊🏼😎

  • A great mix of space and vibration - static and moving at the very same time :+1:
    I rarely listen to drones, but just crossed the 10 min mark...

  • Thanks, lol!
    Really glad you enjoyed!

    @mjcouche said:
    I must admit this made me think of "Homer Simpson of Sector 7-G." Really cool story behind this and it sounds great.

  • Thank you, very much , really appreciated!
    Everything was set up and run in AUM, though due to space, I recorded this via a mixer into my zoom h1, no mastering externally, only manual click removal in audacity on my Mac.
    Here you go,
    https://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/
    :)
    Enjoy!

    @david_2017 said:
    Wow! You are one creative drone-head! Great ideas and well crafted into the track. The story behind it makes complete sense and I can feel the vibe :)
    Two questions though, did you craft everything together in AUM or is this made by DAW? And: what on earth is „Mixtikl” ;)

    Good night, have to take a nap in my superior apartment 👊🏼😎

  • That is good to hear, I am glad you made it!
    I’ll post the 55min version once approved at

    :)

    @Telefunky said:
    A great mix of space and vibration - static and moving at the very same time :+1:
    I rarely listen to drones, but just crossed the 10 min mark...

  • edited May 10

    For the hardcore a 55 minute version!
    https://freesound.org/s/468944/
    Enjoy!
    @mjcouche @david_2017 @Telefunky et al

  • Sweet! Great soundscape and enjoyed hearing about the creation process

Sign In or Register to comment.