Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Sortable Data Lists
It points to the need to develop a way to create an information database for various types of knowledge that can be sorted by various criteria which can be updated on a regular basis. A wiki isn’t the easiest way to present information that can be sorted by various criteria versus a database which can.
For example, lists of apps sorted by synthesis method or iOS features such as IAA, AU, Link, etc....
Tim Webb has taken this sort of task on for apps with:
Storing the information in a spreadsheet type database might be a quick and dirty way of accomplishing this but I can’t help think there might be a more straight forward way than this.
- What information do we store?
- How often do we update the information?
- How do we sort and publish subsets of the information in a useful way?
- How do we convert information in the database to a wiki friendly format?
- Should we consider some other web based solution and point to it on the wiki rather than trying to post the information directly on the wiki?
- Is there a way to allow the user to select their criteria and then display the results?