Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Announcing the Audiobus Wiki!

13»

Comments

• @wim: I propose (I mentioned this upthread) that we go with something even simpler. I'll follow-up shortly with a modified proposal based on what people have said.

There is a mechanism for moving/re-organizing pages without breaking links which I'll discuss with @Michael

And agree that we should get this figured out sooner rather than later (and that the structure that has evolved so far is a bit of a mess)

• McDMcD
    edited May 2019

This was the original intention of Ward Cunningham for the wiki approach to creating a Knowledge Base:

Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly.

Wiki is unusual among group communication mechanisms in that it allows the organization of contributions to be edited in addition to the content itself.

Like many simple concepts, "open editing" has some profound and subtle effects on Wiki usage. Allowing everyday users to create and edit any page in a Web site is exciting in that it encourages democratic use of the Web and promotes content composition by nontechnical users.

• @McD said:
    This was the original intention of Ward Cunningham for the wiki approach to creating a Knowledge Base:

Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly.

Wiki is unusual among group communication mechanisms in that it allows the organization of contributions to be edited in addition to the content itself.

Like many simple concepts, "open editing" has some profound and subtle effects on Wiki usage. Allowing everyday users to create and edit any page in a Web site is exciting in that it encourages democratic use of the Web and promotes content composition by nontechnical users.

There is now years of history of wikis being in existence. And, we know from that history that their are ways of impacting the quality of a wiki. Nothing about what we are discussing undermines the overall notion of participation.

Anyone that his been involved with wiki and wiki-like projects at a variety of scales knows that community dynamics can have a big impact on whether a wiki becomes a sustainable high-quality site or not.

I suspect that based on the way that various forum discussions have gone here that a lot of strife would emerge if the wiki develops along strictly Darwinian lines without some forethought.

But maybe that is just me.

• As we figure out how much structure it makes sense to have or not have, it is probably better to put pages at the top level rather than create lots of subdirectories that will need sifting through and re-sorting.

Maybe for the time-being not create more subdirectories?

Are we going to use playground or sandbox for the place to experiment and stash pages? Right now, we have both. Seems like we only need one.

• sweet.

@wim said:
    I think a page expressly for the purpose of developing some posting guidelines would be good. A discussion launched from that page could serve the purpose of refining that page (basically what we’re doing in this thread).

:+1:

https://wiki.audiob.us/talk/author_tips?

• @syrupcore said:
    sweet.

@wim said:
    I think a page expressly for the purpose of developing some posting guidelines would be good. A discussion launched from that page could serve the purpose of refining that page (basically what we’re doing in this thread).

My intention is for Author Tips to be a convenient stop for contributors and for it introduce contributors to the things they need to get up and running, including very brief guidelines.

@Michael has been kind enough to add a Wiki topic here on the forum. That will be a good place for us to have threaded conversations about issues related to the wiki and to work things out.

It'll be easier to track our discussions than keeping this one as a catch-all megathread.

• @espiegel123 said:

@syrupcore said:
    sweet.

@wim said:

My intention is for Author Tips to be a convenient stop for contributors and for it introduce contributors to the things they need to get up and running, including very brief guidelines.

@Michael has been kind enough to add a Wiki topic here on the forum. That will be a good place for us to have threaded conversations about issues related to the wiki and to work things out.

It'll be easier to track our discussions than keeping this one as a catch-all megathread.

It might be good for forum members to go to the wiki page https://wiki.audiob.us/talk/author_tips? and try to at least post some messages there to get used to the process. Presumably when more people are actively posting pages and updating them on the wiki they’ll be using these tools to coordinate and communicate with each other to plan building pages on the wiki.

• edited May 2019

I have reread all the posts and it seems pretty clear that @espiegel123 is the most knowledgeable about wiki to come forward (and probably has put the most effort in already). If he would agree to organize a proposal it would be something we could work from to refine rather than a rangy conversation by enthusiastic but not necessarily super knowledgeable members. My contrarian side would like to see @wim and @InfoCheck in the mix as well.

I realize I am pushing an agenda that folks may not want, including those mentioned above. It is just my thoughtful opinion. For me, ideally, @espiegel123 would put some conception together, refine it with @wim and @InfoCheck and then propose it to the forum for comment and suggestions. This, to me, would be efficient and create the leadership group I think we need to implement this.

Any or all can reject this proposal. That is perfectly fine with me. 🤔🤨😜😘😇

• If @espiegel123 has a simpler structure proposal than mine, I’m all for it, no questions asked. What I proposed was the minimum I thought I could get away with. :D

I say get any namespace structure in place, and clean out the clutter we already have, then go from there. I don’t know if there’s a way to restrict the ability to create namespaces. I hope there is.

Playground or sandbox doesn’t matter to me. I say pick one and move on. :)

• edited May 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    I have reread all the posts and it seems pretty clear that @espiegel123 is the most knowledgeable about wiki to come forward (and probably has put the most effort in already). If he would agree to organize a proposal it would be something we could work from to refine rather than a rangy conversation by enthusiastic but not necessarily super knowledgeable members. My contrarian side would like to see @wim and @InfoCheck in the mix as well.

I realize I am pushing an agenda that folks may not want, including those mentioned above. It is just my thoughtful opinion. For me, ideally, @espiegel123 would put some conception together, refine it with @wim and @InfoCheck and then propose it to the forum for comment and suggestions. This, to me, would be efficient and create the leadership group I think we need to implement this.

Any or all can reject this proposal. That is perfectly fine with me. 🤔🤨😜😘😇

I think trying to figure out who has put in the most effort is a not productive way to move forward as I believe we’ll need all of the help we can get. Developing a consensus seems as if it should be a high priority so more people will be willing to contribute to the process and will want to use their wiki.

At this point my intention is to continue posting content to the wiki. Once there’s some group consensus about how to proceed, I’ll be willing to modify and update what I’ve contributed to the wiki already to conform to those guidelines.

I have already looked at some of the posts in the knowledge base threads and made pages to transfer that information and posted them in the wiki. After I’ve posted them , I quote the original Knowledge Base thread post and let them know I’ve posted it to the wiki and provide the wiki link so they can look at it and have an opportunity to suggest changes or corrections. Other pages are material I’ve composed based upon my experiences and education on various topics.

• Know of a forum thread or topic whose content should be in the wiki. We've got a Forum Gold page. You can add to the forum gold by pasting a URL and pressing a button! No wiki authoring needed:

https://wiki.audiob.us/forum_gold

• QUICK ADD AN APP TO THE WIKI
    You can add an app that isn't in the wiki by filling out a short form:

https://wiki.audiob.us/add_an_app

• Nice. Would you consolidate those last two posts as a new discussion, and I'll pin it?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Really? Like, when you link to a thread? Maybe it's doing pingbacks

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    hm, as you are messing with the wiki
    it seems to bring older threads to the front-page of the forum without any new post in the thread ...
    @espiegel123
    @Michael

I don't see how that could be wiki related.

• Kind words about Mozaic from AudioKit founder Aure Prochazka
    https://audiokitpro.com/mozaic/

• edited June 2019

Didn’t read the whole thread but if not mentioned already I would suggest to place a link to the wiki next to Forum in the main menu here. @Michael ?

I’ve never been in the wiki because I didn’t find the link easy right now! 😎

• @chandroji said:
    Didn’t read the whole thread but if not mentioned already I would suggest to place a link to the wiki next to Forum in the main menu here. @Michael ?

I’ve never been in the wiki because I didn’t find the link easy right now! 😎

Yeah, I think it's time =) Added