Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A combination of iOS & Maschine MK3

This is nothing special, but I just wanted to more or less show some of what Maschine can do, & how well it integrates into iOS. I love to actually play drum parts myself rather than sequence them, & Maschine is just an awesome platform, beats the hell outta playing drums on a keyboard imo.

Comments

• edited April 2019

How are you bringing iOS into Maschine? Or using it as internal sequencer and recording in iOS?

• @nondes said:
    How are you bringing iOS into Maschine? Or using it as internal sequencer and recording in iOS?

I record into Maschine MK3 as a stand-alone app on PC, then I bring it into iOS. I would have liked to finish it up on PC using Ozone 8 to master, but my cooler is going out and my PC can’t handle it. I think Maschine is the best platform for drums because there’s so much you can do with it. I don’t sequence , and hate playing drums on keyboard.

• edited May 2019

@Ripper7620 said:

@nondes said:

I record into Maschine MK3 as a stand-alone app on PC, then I bring it into iOS. I would have liked to finish it up on PC using Ozone 8 to master, but my cooler is going out and my PC can’t handle it. I think Maschine is the best platform for drums because there’s so much you can do with it. I don’t sequence , and hate playing drums on keyboard.

Do you have access to an older version of Ozone? V4 or V5? More cpu friendly and still great.
    What I like in Maschine: The physical drum models. A rarity even in the Mac/PC world.
    Arturia Spark has some too but these are more flexible.

• @rs2000 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@nondes said:

Do you have access to an older version of Ozone? V4 or V5? More cpu friendly and still great.
    What I like in Maschine: The physical drum models. A rarity even in the Mac/PC world.
    Arturia Spark has some too but these are more flexible.

I only have version 8 suite, but I’m fixing my pc in a few days, so I’ll be back in business. Also, I’m running a Threadripper 1950x on my pc. Ya, Maschine is a dream to work on.

• Right fun track. I like the sounds you’re working with here.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@nondes said:

I am a new Maschine user and it is certainly an eye opener (and simply a lot of fun as well). When you say you 'bring it into iOS' I am presuming you simply import a wav file?

• edited May 2019

@Ripper7620 said:

@nondes said:

I'm using Maschine/Komplete instruments as VST's, recorded straight into Reason as audo tracks. Reason's not perfect, but it's not too heavy on CPU - my ten year old PC and 7 year old MacBook Pro seem to handle it ok. I then reload the VST, and record onto a new audio track. You can build up a decent song that way with loads of different instruments without blowing up your PC. Obviously you lose the MIDI editing capabilities that way, but until I get a new computer it's the best I can do.

• @gusgranite said:
    Right fun track. I like the sounds you’re working with here.

Thank you very much for the kind words, I appreciate it very much! I’m used to recording midi notes to midi notes in Reaper, and being able to quantize everything, as I have very poor timing, and being forced to work with audio only files within Auria base model app has been challenging for me, and is forcing me to improve, which I am very greatful for the opportunity. If I’ve succeeded on any level, it’s only because I’ve been forced to, as I’m rather lazy, and prefer to do everything the quick and easy way.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@nondes said:

I'm using Maschine/Komplete instruments as VST's, recorded straight into Reason as audo tracks. Reason's not perfect, but it's not too heavy on CPU - my ten year old PC and 7 year old MacBook Pro seem to handle it ok. I then reload the VST, and record onto a new audio track. You can build up a decent song that way with loads of different instruments without blowing up your PC. Obviously you lose the MIDI editing capabilities that way, but until I get a new computer it's the best I can do.

I’m accustomed to working strictly with midi notes and being able to quantize everything. I have awful timing, and it has been a great help and opportunity to be forced to work with audio only, which in turn, has forced me to improve my timing, and I’m very grateful for this opportunity.