Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tera Synth & Final Touch crashes continually

I open TS first as a stand-alone, let it initialize, then add it to AB, and still, it constantly crashes, same with Final Touch as a middle effect in AB. I start it in stand-alone mode, let it initialize, then add it to the effects slot in AB, always crashes. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Hm - just checked, but only have TS.
    Works fine, but do not need to run as Standalone before.
    Just open it inside AB.

Maybe more infos to your workflow? Why standalone before? Device, OS?

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Hm - just checked, but only have TS.
    Works fine, but do not need to run as Standalone before.
    Just open it inside AB.

Maybe more infos to your workflow? Why standalone before? Device, OS?

I’m using the flagship iPad 10.5 of 2018, & I’ve tried opening both apps from AB, but that’s even more unstable. Also, running the latest iOS version. I like to stack synths in port 1, Final Touch in port 2, & Auria in port 3.

• @Ripper7620 : do you have these problems if you don't use FinalTouch?

Is there a reason you are loading TeraSynth as IAA rather than as an Audio Unit?

Try loading the AU version in AB rather than the standalone.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Ripper7620 : do you have these problems if you don't use FinalTouch?

Is there a reason you are loading TeraSynth as IAA rather than as an Audio Unit?

Try loading the AU version in AB rather than the standalone.

Thank you for the reply, I will give it a go.

• Unfortunately my keyboard doesn’t work if I use Tera as an audio unit extension, and it only crashes when I have Auria running, strange...

• @Ripper7620 said:
    Unfortunately my keyboard doesn’t work if I use Tera as an audio unit extension, and it only crashes when I have Auria running, strange...

terasynth AU will work with your keyboard. You need to remember to set up the MIDI routing to it on AB's MIDI page.

Is there a reason you aren't hosting it directly in Auria?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:
    Unfortunately my keyboard doesn’t work if I use Tera as an audio unit extension, and it only crashes when I have Auria running, strange...

terasynth AU will work with your keyboard. You need to remember to set up the MIDI routing to it on AB's MIDI page.

Yes, I’m unsure of how to host it in Auria, I have only the Auria base app. I route everything through Audiobus, however, I’ve not yet purchased AB midi, and therefore am somewhat limited.

• @Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

Yes, I’m unsure of how to host it in Auria, I have only the Auria base app. I route everything through Audiobus, however, I’ve not yet purchased AB midi, and therefore am somewhat limited.

You don't need AB MIDI for this.

Do you have Audiobus 2 or 3?
    You need AB3.On the audio page choose terasynth AU (not app) for an audio lane input.

On the MIDI page, choose your keyboard as an input and TeraSynth AU (choose the instance you already created when AB asks you.

• As much as I love the sounds I can get out of some of the Virsyn apps, I gave up trying to use them in my setup as they are just too crashy. Contacted support and felt like I was getting the cold shoulder.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

You need AB3.On the audio page choose terasynth AU (not app) for an audio lane input.

On the MIDI page, choose your keyboard as an input and TeraSynth AU (choose the instance you already created when AB asks you.

Here is routing that I just tested and seemed to work fine. I have AP but I set it up as if I it couldn’t host AU directly

• @espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to make that so clear, I appreciate it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Ripper7620 said:

Here is routing that I just tested and seemed to work fine. I have AP but I set it up as if I it couldn’t host AU directly

Thank you very much, I have AB 1,2, & 3, I’ll give that a try.