Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Which iPad model for music performance?

edited April 2019 in Other

So I am on a budget (£500 max) and want to get an iPad primarily for running keyboard apps in Audiobus for live performance. I may also use it to record on something like Cubasis.
I currently have access to an iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air 2 but both of these start crackling if I have more than 2 apps open in Audiobus.
Ideally I would have one instance each of Moog Model D, Ravenscroft, Audiokit D1 and Neosoul Keys running so I could switch between them on the fly.
I am currently thinking the 10.5 iPad Pro 3rd Gen might be the ticket but prefer the smaller size of the mini (eg the mini 4 or even the 2019 model) and am tempted by the cheaper used price on the 9.7 iPad Pro.
Which would you recommend?
Is the 10.5 Pro a no-brainier??

Which iPad Model for music performance on a budget?
  1. Best bang for buck...9 votes
    1. Pro 10.5 2nd Gen
      44.44%
    2. Pro 9.7 1st Gen
        0.00%
    3. Mini 2019
      55.56%

Comments