Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quicco mi.1 BT MIDI Device Name

Anybody here use this? I have one and want to change the device name it transmits. Quicco’s site says you can change the name via a particular SYSEX command. I’ve tried to no avail. I’ve contacted their support a couple of times but never receive a reply. Any ideas from the brains trust?

Comments

• I can't help you with your issue sadly, but I was wondering how you like the Quicco? I have the Yamaha one.

• edited April 2019

You have to send the hex values of the ascii characters.....

• @BiancaNeve said:
    You have to send the hex values of the ascii characters.....

Cool thanks, BianaNeve. I'll try again.
    FWIW, I created a SYSEX file in a program named HexFiend -- full SYSEX string with the desired name (in hex, of course) -- then sent the SYSEX file from SYSEX Librarian on my laptop. The mi.1 flashed indicating it received a signal but the name remained unchanged.

@MikeyP said:
    I can't help you with your issue sadly, but I was wondering how you like the Quicco? I have the Yamaha one.

MikeyP. It's fine. It works as it should :)

• edited April 2019

Ummm, What am I doing wrong? I'm really not a Sysex guy.

I think I have a corrupted SysEx file after importing it to the Librarian. I took another SysEx file, opened it in a hex editor, deleted all data from it, then created new hex values, “F0 00 02 08 10 55 00 01 4C 46 2B 4A 52 2B 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 F7” then re-saved it, imported it to SysEx Librarian. These values are correct. When I check the content of the file in SysEx Librarian it shows two extra zeros before the first actual byte. I think this is why the SysEx command fails to communicate with the target MIDI device.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I can’t figure out how to remove the extra data from the file.

I can't find any useful info on creating custom SysEx files and I don't have any credit on my iTunes account to buy another SysEx tool

• I've posted a little how-to a while ago.
    I've been using MidiFlow but other tools should work if they can send sysex. Make sure the checksum is correct (or is auto-calculated by the tool you use).

• My bad - I added an extra byte to the SysEx command...should've been 25 bytes. Works now!