Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT Behringer to clone IK Multimedia?

Comments

• edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Behringer are bringing to the masses products that folks want at prices they can afford and that business model is clearly working for them. Good on them I say. They day they clone a Prophet 5 or Jupiter8 is the day I'm digging deep into my wallet. A brilliant company.

• edited April 2019
  • Fingers crossed they clone the wrong company one day and get sued big-time. They’re shameless.

• Behringer are great if you want, say, an Ibanez tube screamer but don’t want to pay Ibanez prices.

Not so great if you are Ibanez.

Or Mackie. Or Roland. Or Moog. Or ...

• edited April 2019

Boy TC Electronics sure has come a long way since the acquisition. So now it's in name only.

I have two of those items, and they are very good. Would I buy the clones now? probably not, as it's unlikely the clones are better than the original, and there's a good chance it's the opposite.

My opinion of TC and it's parent entity is now very low. No ethics.

• Bit confusing in that article, says Behringer lose case to DSI, then shows a court document of them winning the case.

• @Turntablist said:
    Bit confusing in that article, says Behringer lose case to DSI, then shows a court document of them winning the case.

That’s the petition to the court. A list of demands before the case is heard.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2019
  • Will the Behringer clone have the same shoddy quality as the originals?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Behringer is like the "Borg of Musical Electronics" and resistance is futile.

It's using the Volume Business Model rather than Quality (Moog) or Service (Native Instruments?). The other 2 hate it when the Borg comes in and scoops up assumed customers when the drop in price is the essential purchasing criteria for the cash strapped
    huddled masses.

• edited April 2019
  • McDMcD
    edited April 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    I’d say they’re equally using the ‘listen to people and don’t rip them off business model’.

I think that's a fair value statement for the "Volume Model". Someone creates a market solution that buyers recognize as a unique , quality solution they cannot afford. For me that would be the Roli Seaboard. I want one but not at that price.

If Behringer makes a $100 25 key MPE keyboard called the "BehBoard" I'm in. I'll hate myself for doing it but still. I value a Bluetooth Keyboard at $100 and will wait. In 2-3 years it's trash with internal batteries that might not be repairable or replaceable.

Value/Pricing is an estimation skill and shifts with more information but generally stays in one place. IOS App pricing follows our expectations rather than the actual costs of making the apps in developer effort. AudioKit Synth One has a sunk cost of $1M for the developers that made it possible. That's a reason Korg can play with IOS Apps... they have revenue from all that hardware to pay the coders and code assets to re-purpose. Propellerheads too. It's coming... "Rack Extensions" are the assets to re-purpose.

• I love my Model D and Neutron and would have never been able to afford these if Behringer hadn’t brought these to market at the price they did