Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Molten has been updated

Now has Audiobus buttons for Play/Stop/Pause/Loop

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/molten-drum-machine/id398933969?mt=8

Comments

• It's funny cause i sent an email to the dev asking for this on friday. Just in time for him to say it was already done. :-)) Anyone having trouble getting the Molten icon to appear in the AB panel? It is blank for me since it got implemented.. A lot of other apps did this too but fixed after i restarted AB.

• yes,i have a blank logo as well.Not a big deal though.I cant use Molten anyway,it doesn't play nice with cubasis.The sounds are all noticeably delayed,quite useless sadly.i tried different buffer settings in audiobus but no luck.Usually i use 512 buffer and all apps play nicely and are sitting tight in cubasis after i record them.

• edited February 2013

I hear you there... Sadly if you want to record Molten you pretty much have to do it separately from everything else. Even just running it with Animoog into MT DAW was causing it to glitch and go off time.. However to plug in for a quick jam, I love Molten. :-)

About the icon not appearing.. It isn't a big deal, it's the only app i have that is missing the icon so I know what it is. lol I tried uninstalling both Molten and Audiobus, restarted, everything I can think of, but it just won't appear.. @Sebastian and/or @Michael is this an AB issue or is this Molten's fault? Is anyone actually able to see the icon?

• Last time I checked the icon was there.

• edited February 2013

Yes, the logo is missing in my setup. I'm not sure what @Crabman is doing with Molten and the manner in which the sounds are delayed, but the only delays I get are because I don't start Molten running at the split instant that Cubasis starts recording. However, provided the two apps are set to the same BPM value, all I need to do is drag the track to the left slightly so that the first beat lines up nicely with the start and it's as tight as a gnat's arse.

• i don't use Molten's Sequencer,i just want(ed) to use it as a soundmodul via virtual midi.

• edited February 2013

Ahh, ok. So what app was your MIDI controller?

• I'm using Molten as a midi sound source with Cubasis just now and don't have any delay worth mentioning. Running at 512 on iPad 3.

• @Paul:Cubasis

@Skipp:that's weird,i use the same setting on an ipad 4.But with audiobus between.I don't need it if it works without but not WITH audiobus.

• I had it linked through Audiobus. Just adding some more drums to a project with 11 stereo tracks. No problems!

• maybe it's time for a hard reset :)

• @mgmg4871 Can you check again please? It's only missing in the panel so it has to be open and you'd be looking at the panel on a different connected app.

@Crabman Are you using custom samples? I just checked and I think the problem I was having might only be happening when I use my own custom samples.. They are kinda big..

• @Ryan just checked it again. The Icon is in the input slot and working.

• @mgmg4871 Did you check from a different app? The input slot icon shows up for me just not the little one in the panel when you are in a different app. Where you'd access Molten's play button and what not.

• @Ryan:no,i didn't.Just the default drumset whem you open the app.

• Ah. Heh I have no idea but i'm thinking it's cubasis's fault. lol

• @Ryan misunderstood what you were asking. It's not showing up in Cubasis.

• Not showing icon in Auria either. It looks more like output with play, pause, record icons.

• edited February 2013

Correction it's a stop icon. Not record.

• Wow. Haven't had time to play with this since update. Nice touch. Just recorded Molten drums while still in Cubasis. Where have I been. Got caught up in WaveMapper and Megellan. Lol

• Dam... I guess the icon is missing for everyone.. I'll alert the dev.

• Tell him to look down the back of the sofa...

• HAH! He said he knows about it and he's working on it. :-)