Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep-like app for iphone?

Purchased Modstep some time ago but I has to sell my ipad because I needed some money urgently.

I looked for around and in the forum but couldnt find any equalivent for iphone. I have a Novation Circuit and want to extend my setup with some AU sequencing loops.

I have Xequence but it has a linear time line. I need something like MIDI sequencer triggering AU which I could sync with Circuit and start/stop when I need without going out of sync.

Comments

• If you want proper sync and use the transport control on the circuit, you'll need a sequencer that can follow (slave to) MIDI Clock.
    Groove Rider does it very well and has a great synth engine built-in but has no AU support.
    Gadget follows external MIDI Clock too but again no AU support.
    Same with Yamaha Mobile Mudic Sequencer.
    What AUs do you want to use?

One of the few options might be:

• apeMatrix as an AU host that can follow MIDI Clock
    • ATOM Piano Roll as a MIDI "loop" (pattern) sequencer
    • apeMatrix allows for pretty extensive audio and MIDI routings, may fit your bill.

My personal choice on the iPhone for adding instruments to the Circuit would be Gadget.
    Great choice of included drum sounds, synths that can be layered without killing the cpu and even simple audio clip recording plus a new MIDI out gadget that can be routed to another iOS synth or sampler.
    Add Stockholm and import sliced REX breakbeats and melody lines and you have a powerful addon that is quite usable even on the small iPhone screen, and certainly more robust than an ever-changing combination of host, 3rd-party plugin updates and iOS "fixes" ;)

• That would be infinite looper, but not AU, but Modstep isn’t, either.

• Stagelight will be great for this when they get midi out working.

• edited April 2019

AUM with atom maybe the solution.

• Or simply Audiobus with atom too.
    Great sync and program change too.!!

• @Jeezs said:
    Or simply Audiobus with atom too.
    Great sync and program change too.!!

Nothing simple about AB3 these days except perhaps the user experience mental model. With the impending release it is a beast!

• edited April 2019

+1 for Gadget!! Dont forget that now it has Taepei midi out which works extremely well. You can sequence and arrange loops, add some CC automations too, and control AU in AB/AUM/ApeM. Waiting for Atom «Abletonlike » features, Gadget/Taepei is a very powerful tool for that kind of workflow.

• Wow thank you for recommendations I’ll try them out.

• Hmmm... I wonder if KRFT could fit the bill for this?

• edited May 2019

@wim said:
    Stagelight will be great for this when they get midi out working.

Ya stagelight is like modstep plus more minus some haha but it's great on iPhone just needs a few things to be perfect