Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

impc pro for warping/quantizing long loops to a grid

Pretty happy with Gadget for most things, but a few times I've recorded a 4 bar loop from a guitar and found my timing is all over the place.

I know it's possible to fix timing like that in Ableton with warp markers, but was curious if it could be done on the phone.

Tried a few apps, found one of the better+cheaper ways is with impc pro on the iphone. You can bring in samples from audioshare, paste it into a track, and slice/stretch/trim it into a regular grid while keeping correct pitch, and minimal artifacts.

Its not as straightforward as putting down warp markers, but I found I can slice and scale a 4 bar loop, export it again via audiocopy, and bring it back into gadget via abi dhabi or zurich pretty quickly.

It looks like its the same warp+pitch+slice+stretch UI as looperverse, so you could probably do the same in that app if you already own it.