Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VOLT Synth anniversary update and sale

Hey everyone,

it's been a while since VOLT received an update which is why I wanted to do something special for it's one year appstore anniversary.

So, I decided to commision the brilliant sound designers @jakoB_haQ from haQ attaQ and the Stuart Kilbride better known as @RedSkyLullaby to make some patches which are available trough todays v1.4 update.

I have to say, both really did a great job creating a total of 128 MPE capable patches across all categories and I couldn't be more happy with what they've delivered.

Now, to celebrate the occasion, VOLT itself as well as the preset packs are 50% off throughout the rest of the month. That's $9.99 for the app and $2.99 for a pack of 64 patches.

Aside from that, the v1.4 update also adds 2 new keyboard layouts (Scale & Chord), improves on preset management and MIDI mapping which previously was only available in the standalone version is now available right from the main UI regardless of running standalone or the AUv3.

Last but not least the update addresses a number of bugs which I'm not going to list here (see app store for the full release notes)

If you enjoy VOLT and would like to support it's development, checking out the preset packs is a great way to do so!

Also, if you'd like to see more "signature" packs added in the future I'd love to hear about it!

Comments

• Many thanks, already saw, updated and bought :)

• @tja said:
    Many thanks, already saw, updated and bought :)

Same. Thanks again!

• Just bought Volt and love it! Any chance of a preview (or is it prelisten? :) ) of the patches?

• @ka010 Wonderful update. Patches purchased sir :)

• @lasselu said:

Just bought Volt and love it! Any chance of a preview (or is it prelisten? :) ) of the patches?

Never mind, just watching Doug... :)

• thanks guys! I really do appreciate it!

@lasselu said:
    @lasselu said:

Just bought Volt and love it! Any chance of a preview (or is it prelisten? :) ) of the patches?

Never mind, just watching Doug... :)

Yeah, Doug is doing a live stream right now check it out

• I did not see Legato/Mono and Glide features for expressive playing on your app description

• Jakobs „Mellow Strings“ are so frigging great!!!

• Radness !!!

• This month is getting expensive already!

BLEASS apps, lumbeats sale, now volt on sale

Trying to save some money here, but now realized Record Store Day on Sat as well.
    Doesn't look like it’s going to happen haha.

• What’s the cpu hit like?

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    ...lumbeats sale, now volt on sale

Just bought Volt.

When were the Lumbeats on sale? I must have missed that.

• edited April 2019

@SpookyZoo said:

@ruggedsmooth said:

Just bought Volt.

Lumbeats done 3 app bundle one day sale for £34.99 2 days ago!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@ruggedsmooth said:

Just bought Volt.

Lumbeats done 3 app bundle one day sale for £34.99 2 days ago!

Ah, missed that. Thanks for info! 👍

• @ka010 good idea on the packs, a great addition and a bona fide way for supporters to support. Keep em coming :)

• @MonzoPro said:
    What’s the cpu hit like?

Anyone? /the invisible man

• @ka010 Sorry to be THAT guy, but just so you know the 'Rate Now' button isn't working/ connected here in Texas...of course the 'No thanks' button is :)

• @MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro said:
    What’s the cpu hit like?

Hello Invisible Man, looking good there. How would you like me to test this for you? In AUM maybe?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @ka010 good idea on the packs, a great addition and a bona fide way for supporters to support. Keep em coming :)

thanks, that's great to hear! Never done this kind of thing before, so I was a bit nervous to say the least...

@MonzoPro said:

@MonzoPro said:
    What’s the cpu hit like?

Well, all I can say is that it is heavily optimized in terms of CPU usage, I actually force myself to use an Air2 for development just to make sure I'm not getting too lazy. That said, it can still be somewhat demanding depending on what it does. Generally, the more voices are active the more CPU it's using, same goes for the effects of which the reverb is the most expensive. All in all I'd say it's on par with comparable VAs.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @ka010 Sorry to be THAT guy, but just so you know the 'Rate Now' button isn't working/ connected here in Texas...of course the 'No thanks' button is :)

ugh :(
    thanks though!

• edited April 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Hello Invisible Man, looking good there. How would you like me to test this for you? In AUM maybe?

Yeah thanks Boss, interested to know how it compares to other synths. I struggle to run Layr, the Moogs, etc. so not much point buying it if it's on a par with those until I get a new pad.

@ka010 said:

Well, all I can say is that it is heavily optimized in terms of CPU usage, I actually force myself to use an Air2 for development just to make sure I'm not getting too lazy. That said, it can still be somewhat demanding depending on what it does. Generally, the more voices are active the more CPU it's using, same goes for the effects of which the reverb is the most expensive. All in all I'd say it's on par with comparable VAs.

Thanks, I use an Air 2 as well. I can run intensive synths such as Layr or Synthscaper, but only one or so instance and then the iPad starts complaining. Since I'm an AU AUM jammer I'd like to be able to run two or three without crashes.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah thanks Boss, interested to know how it compares to other synths. I struggle to run Layr, the Moogs, etc. so not much point buying it if it's on a par with those until I get a new pad.

@ka010 said:

Thanks, I use an Air 2 as well. I can run intensive synths such as Layr or Synthscaper, but only one or so instance and then the iPad starts complaining. Since I'm an AU AUM jammer I'd like to be able to run two or three without crashes.

Yeah, the Air2 really isn't all that powerful and you can easily get it to glitch when loading up multiple instances but you can just as easily run 3 or more instances in AUM when keeping an eye on the voice counts and disabling things you don't really need, like putting it into mono mode for leads etc...

Here's a little demo running 3 instances of VOLT and one KB-1, I just picked a couple of stock patches with no tweaks to any settings.
    The first is running an arp sequence, the second I play chords using the AUM keyboard and the 3rd is played from KB-1.

• @ka010 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ka010 said:

Yeah, the Air2 really isn't all that powerful and you can easily get it to glitch when loading up multiple instances but you can just as easily run 3 or more instances in AUM when keeping an eye on the voice counts and disabling things you don't really need, like putting it into mono mode for leads etc...

Here's a little demo running 3 instances of VOLT and one KB-1, I just picked a couple of stock patches with no tweaks to any settings.
    The first is running an arp sequence, the second I play chords using the AUM keyboard and the 3rd is played from KB-1.

Oh thank you, yeah that looks manageable. Lovely sounding synth.I'm hoping to upgrade to the Air 3 at some point anyway, but will be stuck with the Air 2 for a while...

• So when is this AUM update supposed to drop?

And when it does drop will we also be able to minimise the audio-tracks to small circles to save space on the screen and avoid the insane sideways scrolling? (ie. add a 'solo view mode' to the tracks and minimise the others to circles for quick access?).

With 10+ channels/tracks I have to be honest and say that AUM is a real pita in it's current state...

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ka010 said:

Btw, with LayR, LayR isn't necessarily something that is CPU-heavy. It depends tons on what Performance/Patch one has loaded. (Unlike something like Moog Model 15 where a lot of the CPU hit is independent of the particular patch).

I have LayR patches that don't make much of a blip in terms of CPU and others (with lots and lots of layers) that challenge my iPad 6th Gen. I am actually shocked by how many oscillators I can get going at once.

I just say this because I think LayR sometimes gets mentioned as being high-CPU when it is pretty patch dependent. It gives you a lot of freedom to push your CPU's limits but doesn't require it.

• edited August 2020

Any plan for a sale anytime soon on this?

• I hate this resurrected threads. I was scrolling down hoping Volt had been updated and some of the bugs addressed but the fckn thread is from 2019 🤬

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    Any plan for a sale anytime soon on this?

• Hasn't seen a sale since December. Since the thread was created by the dev am hoping they will comment on this fact.

• I misunderstood your comment!
    YOU reupped the thread that proclaims SALE! I should have read more closely.