Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OMG!!! forgetfulness ..always check your seat when you leave the plane, etc. and back stuff up

edited March 2019 in Other

Coming home from a super intense week long meeting, I left my shoulder bag with my iPad somewhere. I am usually so good about checking buut Id just been on a high stakes meeting, facilitating a state’s big multidisciplinary foster care and prevention planning. Tough facilitation job because it’s kinda a wild array of perspectives to mediate consensus from,,,from the head of U.S. foster care to local recent foster youth and parents.

So I was beat, also had a cold.

Got home from the airport and lol after another skype meeting, went to sleep.

Got up and was going to check my personal email and

OMG

Last I remembered was having it on the plane. Made a lost report. Tried ‘find my iPad feature.’

Changed key passwords.

Began lamenting the stuff id worked on and not backed up in the last week.

And then there was a knock at my front door.

Uber driver.

Knew it was me because I was the only ride he’d had to use the trunk.

I hugged the guy and gave him a big cash tip which he tried to refuse a few times.

I thought yall could appreciate my rapid emptional journey there.

Comments

• Wow, that’s awesome (and somewhat terrifying, first world terrifying for sure, but I’d feel that panic too). Glad it worked out!

As an aside, I’m a clinical social worker working on a state contract in NJ with people with developmental disabilities, so thanks for what you do. I know how hard it is to get systems to agree and work together.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Wow, that’s awesome (and somewhat terrifying, first world terrifying for sure, but I’d feel that panic too). Glad it worked out!

As an aside, I’m a clinical social worker working on a state contract in NJ with people with developmental disabilities, so thanks for what you do. I know how hard it is to get systems to agree and work together.

Hey nice. I did some work with NJ courts around improving the frequency and quality of children and youth attending their foster care reviews.

Nothing experimental or even quasi but thousands of surveys from all court participants after court type of thing.

Most interesting finding to me was the age breakdown. Most courts in the U.S. put child attendance at age 12 + or so for these reviews. We found pretty equal participation starting at age 6 to 8, topic depending.

Not developmentally surprising, their roles would often be answering questions about how they feel about placements, school, visits with family and friends, stuff my five year old has strong opinions about. (And we are exluding some non verbal or severe behavioral kids case by case as determined by any clinical staff).

Anyway good times.

• @Multicellular Tip well earned (and happily given :))

• @Multicellular
    What the heck?
    I thought you were a full time recording artist producer guy.
    Awesome to hear about your real job. Very inspiring. B)

• @CracklePot said:
    @Multicellular
    What the heck?
    I thought you were a full time recording artist producer guy.
    Awesome to hear about your real job. Very inspiring. B)

Hey... not sure where you got that. Just a happy hobbyist for 25 years.

There was a time before streaming, and when I was happy to play more shows, and teach lessons, where I made some significant side money, but I never really tried to do it full time. I had the wisdom or pessimism at a young age to consider that the music I really wanted to play was obscure and thus didn’t seem lucrative.